Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

im so excited:clap2: i got call to say that my surgery time is at 8 15am friday morning so leaving house at about 6 45 am.

its really happening im about to be a bandit....lol

im terrified /excited and totally unprepared i suppose i better start thinking about life for few days after surgery and get house ready as hubby will oversee everything but probably wont actual do anything:( ,if house gets messy he make kids pick stuff up but wont clean and if they hungry he cook but leave a destruction site behind him,so im praying i recover very very quickley....lol.

im gladto hear you all doing ok ,bit worried about waking up with tube in throat :paranoid eek that wasnt good !!!.

also my m8 told me her doctor told her that surgery not for her and she treating woman with complications from surgery but wouldnt say what ????so m8 worried for me and now has me worried.:phanvan

though ive paid for it ,im doing it ,and what the hell it worth giving it a go it might just help me change my life :clap2:

Beversman, I hope you are feeling better today. There is nothing worse than a trip to emergency.

offerrocker....yeah! I am so glad everything went well for you.

Baby got back...50/50 is still a good chance of going. Do you have to wire the money? Can't you get a draft and bring it with you? That is what I am doing, I just faxed them a copy of the bank draft so they know it exists. I want you to be able to do this now, but if you can't, remember that just gives you more time to be more successful on your preop diet. Take care and let us know as soon as you know...I am sending you all my happy thoughts today!

I am doing well today. Trying to convince myself I should go on the treadmill but I think I will just clean my house before the cleaning lady gets here. Why do we do that? It dirives me crazy but I just can't stop.

I have a hair appointment today. I only get it done a few times a year because it is so expensive and there are other things I would rather have. I am really looking forward to the pick me up it always gives me.

Have a great day everyone!

Beversman, I hope you are feeling better today. There is nothing worse than a trip to emergency.

It was OfferRocker in the hospital not me :-) I am worried about her

Hey everybody, I am not lost just still trying to heal. It has been hard. It did not think that I would hurt this bad!!! Go through the surgery good, and I had a hiatal hernia that had to be repaired. I have been so busy with the kids even with help that it has been hard to heal! I am hungry too! I did not think that I would be hungry!!! I started the full liquid diet a few days early because I was so hungry....I hope I have not messed anything up! Anybody else feeling the same way? On the bright side I have lost ten pounds!

Hi ladies - just checking in, sounds like everyone is doing ok. Brandy you are doing so well with your pre-op, I know its hard hon, look how many times I cheated! I was doing the same thing, like instead of liquids that are 200 cal. why can't I have this instead... I guess it worked because he said my liver was fine, small and easy to get around.

The doc said I could take the bandages off when I showered today so I did - I have some pretty big cuts. 3 are just little 1/4 inch and then one is at least an inch long and the other is 2 inches. I was expecting the 2 to be alot smaller. I'll take a pic and put it on the scar stages when I'm not so tired.

I feel pretty good, I took one of the gasx strips yesterday, and I really haven't felt achy or gasy, but I feel tired. I slept when I got home and then went to bed by 10, slept til 9:30 this morning and its only noon and I'm ready for a nap. I supose it was the shower and I threw a load of clothes in the washer may have worn me out. So I'm gonna go lay down and baby myself.

So let me tell you the hold food has on me - last night my dd was eating doritos and I wanted some! I knew I couldn't tolerate even one and I didn't eat one but I actually thought about licking the flavor off - UGH!!! It wasn't about hunger at all! So now I need to get over the head games. I drank about a 1/4 cup of Protein Shake when I got up, I felt hunger, tried some coffee and it was gross, then drank some boullion at lunch.

Thinking of you all!

Yeah! Just got the official approval from my insurance company. I have an appointment next Tuesday to schedule the surgery. I was hoping for a December surgery, but with work commitments it looks like January.

TomorrowTomorrowTomorrowTomorrowTomorrowTomorrow!

I feel like a hyper little puppy. I can't sit still, and I can't stop buzzing around the house fiddling with things. I'm trying to clean, do laundry, organize, dust, watch tv (HA), vacuum, wipe down countertops and take care of the baby. I am scheduled for an overnight stay, which is good, so I still have to pack my bag. I have to be there at 5am, and I told them the FIRST thing I wanted was a sedative. (laugh) My stomach is in knots!!

By 9am I will be banded and in the recovery room if all goes well. (Surgery starts at 7:30)

GigglesTX how are you feeling, honey?

Beversman how are you doing on those liquids? Poor thing. I thought I was going to have to do it, but ended up on the Barix program. I would bet that the medifast is only used because it is guaranteed to work if you stick to the program. If the shake has the same nutritional value and doesn't overload calories, sodium or sugar, I'd substitute one per day. That's renegade me. I'd also exercise an extra half hour just to make sure I don't mess up.

Kay. how are you? "Stuffins" makes me giggle every time I write it. EVERY TIME. ahahah I don't think of my fat as an enemy. Maybe that's why I never really saw myself as fat until after my son was born. I mean, I knew I was "thick" but I never called it FAT. Now I just want it off. I hope I don't lose my booty though. I have a great booty. I can't wait to fit into some $100 jeans.

StephC - I'm so glad to hear from you! I will ask my surgeon tomorrow how long the biggest incision is going to be. I don't want a 2" surprise, that's for sure. Get some Vitamin e oil for your scars. Not just regular strength, but get the 45,000 iu, which is the thickest, strongest, most potent I've been able to find around here. I swear by the stuff. I've got mine ready to rub on as soon as I get my bandages off.

I need to make a list for the surgeon. What kind of "close me ups" will you use? (staples, tape, strips, etc.) How long will the biggest incision be? Hmmmm, any other questions?

Okay, I am about to hop up and run to therapy. Then I'm going to buy my Christmas tree and then I'm going to visit a daycare, and THEN I'm coming home to clean. *sigh* So much to do, so little time.

More later, December Bandorables.

Natty Bumppo

TomorrowTomorrowTomorrowTomorrowTomorrowTomorrow!

(snip)

*sigh* So much to do, so little time.

More later, December Bandorables.

Natty Bumppo

I'm totally in the same boat! :) Excited and scared for tomorrow to come... :clap2: trying to be a busy bee in the meantime!

Hello all!

I am being banded on December 20th @ Huacuz Surgical in Tijuana Mexico. I've been calling all their patients and speaking to them so I can feel in like I'm in good hands! I am very comfortable with my decision to go there but I am so nervous I don't know how to keep calm. I keep asking myself if I am going to ruin my life after this. I'm getting cold feet I guess but on the other side of the token I am very excited about finally doing something that feels positive for my weight loss future. I am going to do it no matter what but I am scared and so is my husband. He is more scared for me than I am. Any advise on this...

weightloss.png

Hello all, I know its been a while since I posted, My sx was last tuesday and all went generally well. I have had little pain, I actually only took 2 doses of pain meds. The short story is....checked in for sx at 8:30 am (scheduled for 10a.m.) sx started at 1p.m. (2 emergencie cases came in and bumped my elective sx) in recovery ward by 5 p.m. Dr wants me to stay the night so he can hang a few more bags of antibiotic and do a floroscope in the am before i go home. Wednedsay morning I discover my vision is screwed up, about 8:30 am I pick up my book (the real skinny on wls) and begin to read, I cant see the words on the pages, this is the same book i was reading in the preop room before sx so I begin to freak out a little, cuss a little, and am very scared. By 9:30 I have double vision and the blurryness is worse, I am really scared now. Several hours later and some expensive tests (I am self pay of course) mt surgeon says he has spoken with the manufacature of the skop patch for nausea and this is a side effect reported in less than 3% of patients and it will go away....in 7 to 10 days. UGH So here I am 9 days post op and I can finally see well enough to post here and let everyone know how I am doing. Other than the patch issues I am great, still a little sore on the port incision but generally great. eating has been wierd, the first week was really hard, I wasnt hungry at all and really had to work to get anything but Water and apple juice down I think I may have consumed 1000 calories the entire week. I started mushies monday and this is much better, cottage cheese, tuna, oatmeal etc. I find that I can eat the entire package of oatmeal over about 1.5 hours and about but only about 2 or 3 tbsp of tuna or cottage cheese. I am surprised at the amout of food I can consume, everything I read said I wouldnt have restriction until after my first fill? I did fall prey to a piece of garlic bread last night but I had a mere 2 bites and was then FULL for 3 or so hours. Good luck to all who have sx this month and those already done. I will try to keep in touch and keep everyone updated.

itsuptome.....oh my gosh that is so scary about the vision!!!! I can't believe you can't eat more....I feel like I am hungry all the time!!! Everyone's experience is so different it is strange! good luck with recovery, my surgery was on the 8th....and I definitely have had more pain than you have! Good luck!

There are a couple of our girls! Glad your guys are doing well.

:rolleyes: had to send out a Beversman search party. They were hiding.

I've found two so far :-) hehe

I am sorry to hear about your pain dawne, did I read earlier that u had a hernia repair also? I dont think I could have handled the vision and the pain....I really felt by friday I could have been back to normal if I could have been able to see. I used a heating pad just about every time i was sitting to reduce the swelling and relieve some pain maybe that helped. I also wore my abdominal binder all the time I was up. DOnt know about the hunger thing, did u have to do a prediet? I know the 2 weeks on that really changed my appetite and desire to eat.

Hi Gals!

Sounds like lots going on today. Big hugs to our December 13th bandsters that are out there getting surgery now. I think there were 3 people??? Hang in there and check in as soon as you are up to it.

Steph-glad to see you on the board. Let me know when you post your scar pics. I am curious as I have seen such varying degrees and I don't know what to expect. I hope your energy level gets back up there soon, but in the meantime, take it easy! I am glad youare babying yourself today.

itsuptome-sorry to hear about the vision. My mom had a reaction like that to scop Patches too. Freaky side effect. I think I would rather be nauseous! Glad you are feeling better.

Dawn-sorry to ehar you are feeling so uncomfortable. I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and get plenty of rest.

bandiva-how did the hair come out? I bet it looks great. You need to treat yourself!

Beversman-you're sending out search parties? haha. Glad you found them, keep looking since I am sure there are more out there!

Nat-did you say TOMORROW?????? Yay! I am so excited to hear how you do. I am praying they don't take your booty. hahaha. I have a butt too and even at my thinnest it is a big round butt. I hated it when I was younger but have learned to lilke it. A little junk in the trunk never hurt anyone. I hope you sleep tonight though I imagine it will be tough.

Welcome to any and all newbies.

I was out shopping today for my surgery necessities..new toothbrush, listerine strips (I am freak about having stinky breath), Gas-X strips, a new heating pad, liquid Tylenol etc...I hope I have everything I need. Or at least the harder stuff to find since I will be sending DH out shopping. I had my root canal this morning. I don't have to go back until after Christmas-THANK GOD! Tomorrow's agenda is to get my kids Christmas gifts wrapped. I will be glad to have that out of the way.

have a good day all.

hi girls - just put my scar pic up - I had to work on it awhile to get it to a normal size.

Nat - don't worry about the overnight bag, I didn't even open mine. They gave me toothbrush and paste and that was all I cared about. I have to tell you about the stinky breath - I KNOW mine had to be rank and wouldn't you know my CUTE doctor (the one I've a crush on) comes in that next morning while I was sleeping and leaned over and said wake up sleepy head - LOL - I was like OMGoodness!!! My breath is going to knock him over!!! He just laughed. My girls don't think he's cute, my youngest said he looks like an old man - I said well yeah I am 44 - he would look old to a 16 y/o. LOL

I just blew up at my 20 y/o - about her student loans... sometimes she's just such a ... scatterbrain - maybe its just me over reacting but she just doesn't seem to have a care in the world until it gets down to the wire and then she'll be crying the blues.

I still haven't taken a nap. I looked out and the dog had a phone book tearing it to shreds - so I had to go pick that up, I still see pieces blowing around here and there.

I better go rest - I feel real irritable right now and I'd like to be my old sweet self again.