Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Hey Kristi! Glad to hear this new guy is so great. My tattoo boy was a real winner too - note to all you girls on this thread - stay away from the tattoo boys! lol. I am in the same apartment I have been in since January, and I love it! I'll be here for a while no doubt. I'm fairly happy with my weight loss. I know if I went balls to the wall it could come off faster, but I'm moreso trying to really change my habits and lifestyle. I'm afraid to get to the fill point you are at Kristi. You sound over-filled to me. If you can't get your Water down and you're having reflux, that's a sign to me. Just keep an eye on yourself, ok?

JC - so sorry to hear there is a problem. Even if they have to remove the band, remember that doesn't mean they can't put one back in after your stomach has had a chance to rest. Did they say why the slip occurred? How much fill did you have? Geez, I'm just noticing that you were banded 3 days after me and look how much more you lost than me! Wow! You really did rock and roll, didn't you? lol. But JC if there is anyone who can keep it off it will be you with all that exercise. You are such an inspiration! :wacko:

Welcome to the newbies who found our thread. :) There are some really great people who post here.

So Mike and I went out last night for the first time in over a week. He has just been so busy with work, and where he owns his own business I can't blame him. I told him as long as he makes time for me once a week during his busy season I'll be ok. I can handle that for a couple of months. He told me last night he bought some deodorant and a toothbrush to keep here, but he forgot them. That cracked me up. We haven't discussed being exclusive, but apparently he's going to start keeping stuff here. lol. Too funny. I like Mike a lot, but have been feeling hesitant lately. I just want to give myself some time to get to know him and to make sure that he can really give me what I need from this relationship before I really left myself fall for him. Like I really have control over that, but I'll try. lol

I just had a fill this morning. He commented that I REALLY needed a fill when he was looking at the flouroscope and I was drinking the barrium. They can tell just by looking??? I guess. I really think he measured incorrectly last month because I have starved for the last 5 weeks.

I just had a fill this morning. He commented that I REALLY needed a fill when he was looking at the flouroscope and I was drinking the barrium. They can tell just by looking??? I guess. I really think he measured incorrectly last month because I have starved for the last 5 weeks.

I am not sure how all this works...so what is Barrium and what does it do? Do you have to drink it everytime you go in for a checkup/fill?

I haven't done a barium swallow since I was first banded. All my fills are done sight unseen and the amount we decide to put in is based on our discussions. But barium is this thick yucky stuff they have you drink, and they kind of x-ray your insides at the same time so they can watch and see the liquid go through the band. I'm not sure if it's the same thing as a fluro though.

The fluro is the x-ray machine, but I think it has "become" a term for a barium swallow.

MY BIG FAT OPINION HERE! Everyone should do a barium swallow the first time out. The reason is that some people, myself included have low sensitivity in their stomach, it has caused me problems. I can have liquids backed-up almost to the top of my throat and not feel it. So I can take sips and swallows while having saline added and not realize I am being overfilled with no way of knowing without a barium swallow.

Hi I everyone and thank you for the support. I guess this is a huge TEST for me, I was planning a huge bike ride and just got all the supplies I need, however my surgery date will conflict with this ride.

I am one stuborn, determined and driven person. So I imediatley started planning an Intrastate ride that I could do in the next few weeks. Then yesterday I get a phone call that my Department Head is in the hospital with a very serious condition. I will give you one guess who fills in when he is absent. I wonder why I always have so much vacation time banked up?

So to sum it up I have no restriction, require surgery, personal/business life is seriously limiting my excercise and there is no end in site. I am lucky to have these broad shoulders, I just wish they did not reqiure so much load testing.

JC

Chrispy, I had 5.5 cc this last time. I have had as much as 8.5 in the past and think that is where my trouble began.

It is difficult for me to see myself as an inspiration, because I feel so inspired by you and a few others on this site.

JC

You both are inspirations! We should just leave it at that!! =)

JC--How did this happen to your stomach? Or do you know? I remember it twisted but thats all! YOU will make it through this! You are very strong!

Hey Ses, That's a great goal! I wish my lungs were larger!!!

JC, I'm sorry you are going through this, but remember - you really are an inspiration... You still have a positive attitute and are doing everything you can to deal with it. That, in itself, is inspiring!

So update on Matt,

we talked and we are gonna try to make the long-distance thing work. I can't believe I let myself fall for him, when I am SO guarded and have never let anyone in like this. It's hard for me, because I've had to be so independant my entire life. Even a simple thing like him paying for me is hard for me to deal with. He doesn't like it when I pay for stuff, but I feel horrible when he does. Yesterday, he tried sushi and like it!, and then we went to a county fair, then went back and he watched some of my opera stuff and was really impressed.

No matter how much I know I'm in a relationship, its really hard to let myself depend on him as much as I should. I guess I still have a few walls to break down. We'll see....

It is difficult for me to see myself as an inspiration, because I feel so inspired by you and a few others on this site.

JC

JC - so sorry to hear about your troubles and I shall keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You are an inspiration. I was getting tired just reading how active you are :)

Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

Carla

JC, what do you do for a living? Sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed at the moment, but this too shall pass. Oh, I got the impression that the surgeon you talked to this week is not the same surgeon who did your lap band. Why aren't you returning to the original surgeon? Did you go to Mexico?

Smilin'apple, Chrispy and JD are right about the barrium swallow. And, yes, it IS gross. But it's not horrible. I actually think most Protein Drinks taste as bad--at least this New Whey Grape Protein I recently bought. Good lord that stuff is bad. My surgeon doesn't like to do fills without fluro/swallow. It takes away a lot of the guesswork--otherwise they don't know EXACTLY where your port is and you might have to be stuck with the needle a couple of times before they find it. So if you haven't picked a surgeon yet, you might ask.

I have found that sticking with the Low Carb Slim Fast has been my best option! quick and convenient too! It has 20 g of Protein and 4 carbs!

Only that two pounds has moved and it is frustrating me!!!

PigsRFlying, I got sick, I am not real sure what caused it but there was some violent vommiting going on. I am a very strong person, I just need to be reminded from time to time thanks. How are you feeling?

Leona Thanks, it really sounds like you have some exiting things on your horizon!

Carla , thank you, I love giving and recieving prayers! I will keep everyone posted. I am trying to figure out how to shoehorn more exercise in, Doc told me to start adding solid foods into my diet to see how I react.

Derbygirl, I'm a computer network administrator/Engineer. (Nerd/Geek) lol

I self paid in Mexico. The surgeon I am working with is in Tampa, which is only about 35 miles away. I am feeling good and upbeat right now, it is amazing how just getting that stuff off your chest helps.

JC

I am feeling good and upbeat right now, it is amazing how just getting that stuff off your chest helps.

I'm glad to hear it, JC. ;)

Chrispy, how come we haven't heard about any hot dates this weekend??

haha derbygirl! I had a date with Mike on Friday. He's been working the rest of the weekend. So just that one date for me. It was pretty hot though. lol