Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Leona, that sounds really cool. What do you play? Are you worried about being a bandster in that environment?

PigsRFlying, nothing much going on here. I'm trying to decide what to do with the weekend. I have a band adjustment tomorrow because I swear it feels like they took some out when I was adjusted last month. So it's all liquids all weekend for me. I never want to be out amongst the living when I'm on all liquids. It's hard because, you know, you're constantly bombarded by food when you're with other people. My friends and family know I'm banded, but I told them from the beginning that they aren't supposed to act (eat) any differently just because I had this surgery. (This is because my mother wanted to cancel Thanksgiving dinner last year.) Most of the time, eating with non-bandsters doesn't bother me, but sometimes I can't help but feel stressed and a little deprived...especially on liquids!

Denise, if you weren't careful, would you gain a lot of weight? When I'm not paying attention and eating all the wrong things, I don't typically gain over 5 pounds...even if I eat junk for a month (and, yes, I have done that). I'm just wondering if maybe you haven't found your "sweet spot" and need more fill.

JC, I'm anxious to hear what you found out and, honestly, a little worried since you haven't posted yet. Hopefully you're just busy.

Chrispy, I am glad you have been doing so well. Have you moved again since the apartment? You are doing great on your weight loss! And with the men it sounds like. No, this isn't my tattoo boy, he was a real winner, let me tell you. I sold those Rock concert tx to him, he still owes me 128 dollars for them and won't return my calls. So, that, obviously was a waste of time and money. My new guy is only 29 woo hoo for me! And he is absolutely wonderful, sensitive, goofy, funny, sweet, caring, and I love him a lot, AND I didn't say the love word first, so its the real deal this time.

JC, cant wait to hear about your check up.

Leona, Thanks for the compliments, you look great also! I can't wait to get to my new goal, but I guess I should get to my original goal first. My best friend has a masters in Trumpet Performance, and plays with the Philharmonic, and local orchestras, etc. She also played with the New Mexico Orchestra, and a few others. What do you play? I would love to learn the violin.

Denise, did you ever read that book I suggested to you, Ghostfox? Was just wondering if you liked it.

Pigsrflyin, congrats on the surgery and the new weight loss! Its wonderful to see it start coming off!

Me, I have had soooo much restriction since my last fill, I think my metabolism has slowed down due to lack of calories. I have been trying for 2 days to get more calories in, including waking up in the middle of the night to munch a bit. I cant even get enough Water, it sucks. But, last night, I laid back down to sleep after a very very very teeny weeny snack, like one friggin bite, and an hour later I had some reflux, and I aspirated some of it. Well, now I will probably get aspiration pneumonia, and I can't have that. I coughed and coughed this morning, but I am still wheezing, so I obviously havent' gotten it all out of my lungs, yes lungs, because it went down both sides. Guess I will be going to my PCP for some meds this week. I hate getting fills.

Kristi

:faint:

I'm an opera singer... and no... opera singers can no longer be famous when they are larger- take Deborah Voigt for example- she had to have GB because she was fired from an opera house because she didn't look pretty in a little dress...

I went to Juilliard for my undergrad and am now at Manhattan School of Music. I don't think its too hard to be a bandster in NYC because everyone has their vice there... alcohol, drugs, food, shopping, sex, you name it. All of my friends know about the surgery and are supportive so thats all that matters. :wacko:

You guys are rocking it! Happy Friday... I have a Sushi/picnic date planned for tomorrow. haha- weird combo, but whatever. its different.

Is there anyone else on here that has to go through alot of hoops when it comes to the surgery? I am just curius because of all that I have had to go through. It was a whole program designed by my hospital insurance. I had to talk to my PCP first so he could send a referral to the Bariatric Dept. Then I had to meet "one on one" with a Psycologist, Nutritionist, The Head of the Bariatric Dept., and also my surgeon, all of which were seperate appointments. Then I had to take 4 "Lifestyle Classes" as well as one Maintenance Class each month until I have the surgery. Not to mention I have to lose 56 lbs before surgery (that is total from my starting weight in November 2006), then before I have the surgery I will have to take a pre-op class as well. Some of these classes and all of the appointments I have had to drive almost 2 hours away. Whew!!! I guess this will all be worth it in the end, but for now I feel like I am running around in circles.

JC - good luck to you.

Leona06 - I love New York and I'm jelous. I hope you do well in your career - opera is one of my passions and I hope one day to come and hear you perform perhaps at the Metropolitan Opera House or La Scala in Milan. Just think we could have a bandster trip to Milan so move it along will you? :)

Smilin_Apple - OMG will you get a degree after all the classes you need to take? Here in Canada we don't have to do any of it. Although the post-op support at my clinic is amazing....no classes required :wacko:.

JC - good luck to you.

Leona06 - I love New York and I'm jelous. I hope you do well in your career - opera is one of my passions and I hope one day to come and hear you perform perhaps at the Metropolitan Opera House or La Scala in Milan. Just think we could have a bandster trip to Milan so move it along will you? :)

Smilin_Apple - OMG will you get a degree after all the classes you need to take? Here in Canada we don't have to do any of it. Although the post-op support at my clinic is amazing....no classes required :wacko:.

It is alot but I do have to say there is only ONE good thing about it all and that is I do not have to pay for anything other than my $10 co-pay for the Doctor visits... It is all covered under my insurance, I don't even have a co-pay or deductible for the surgery itself. But other than that if I had the money I would have just paid for it on my own somewhere else and could of had it done 7 months ago! :)

Hi everyone, here is the scoop, There is a problem, I go in for pre-op stuff Sept, 5. Doc said he will try to fix it first, but he may have to remove.

I may have been reading him wrong but he knows my sister, she works there, he looked like he just ran over someones puppy and was having a hard time looking me in the eyes.

I am, among other things exhausted. I will be gone all day tomorrow and will check back in on Sunday.

Hey Manatee, this is why I plan insane long distance bike rides and go jogging in lightning storms!! :-)

JC

Hi everyone, here is the scoop, There is a problem, I go in for pre-op stuff Sept, 5. Doc said he will try to fix it first, but he may have to remove.

I may have been reading him wrong but he knows my sister, she works there, he looked like he just ran over someones puppy and was having a hard time looking me in the eyes.

I am, among other things exhausted. I will be gone all day tomorrow and will check back in on Sunday.

Hey Manatee, this is why I plan insane long distance bike rides and go jogging in lightning storms!! :-)

JC

Hey JC - I am newer to this site and have been doing a little bit of reading up on things posted by everyone on here and I came across your situation. I just wanted to let you know that you have another person to add to your list of people that are hoping all goes well for you. I will say a little prayer for you and I know that no matter what happens, you sound like a strong willed person and I know you will make it through triumphantly in the end.

~April~ :wacko:

I am noticing that! Have a great evening JC, and try to get some rest tonight... :wacko:

Hi! Single here... and finding new places to chat in. :wacko:

Oooh, you're an Opera singer? I've been singing all my life and I have huuuuge lungs that are apparently 20% larger than the avarage but the weight forced them to only work at half capacity. :/ So that's one of my goals for when I regain some of my old energy- to learn how to sing in that style. I can't believe the attitude is like that though, that's awful. >_<