Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please tell me this is normal~

I was sleeved on 1/19 I have started having panic/aniexty attacks worry about everything!

It's like it just hit me that I had most of my stomach cut off. I knew that going in but it's like I "really" didn't know! Every pain I have I worry that I have ruined/altered my life forever for vanity! Even though health issues were the underlying reason for it! I am in tears tonight!

I am in just severe freak out mode!

Its normal! Just think about all that weight your going to lose and much healthier you will be. I love this forum, but sometimes I read too much and freak myself out. I literally have to limit my time on here otherwise I worry "that could happen to me". Just calm down, breathe and relax girl! It gets easier. =]

Just look at it this way - you went from living in a gigantic mansion into a little studio apt. You still have everything you need, food, shelter, clothing, etc - you just have to be more efficient with the space! Don't panic, you are going to feel SO good!

Think of it this way, People have a lots of things removed that alter our body but make it work better. Such as having your gall bladder removed when it goes bad, uterus when its causing us trouble or we dont need it any longer. Thats the way I am looking at it. And its vanity is just a wonderful side efftect of the sleeve. Its meant to make our lives healthier and enable us to be more active.

I'm pre-op but from what I've read on these boards the past 6 months, I fully expect this to happen to me too! It seems to be a common pattern and I've seen it referred to as 'buyers remorse'. I will try to remember to take a moment to think about the fact that after this surgery my hormones are going to be out of whack. The mind is a tricky thing...when there's a surge of hormones and emotions, it's a natural reaction to start being anxious, sad, crying, freaked out, etc -- we're hard wired for it.

But it will pass and there are many happy HAPPY days ahead! Hang in there !

When I first started thinking about this surgery I went through the same thoughts as you....

As time went on my thoughts became the equivalent of a woman is 9/12 months pregnant.... GET THIS THING OUT OF MEEEEEEEEEE! :)

I felt the same way. ...I am a very perky happy go lucky girl...but I had depression for two weeks (never had depression before) but now I see the pound melting and I feel better and back to my old self..I work on positive thinking everyday

One other option is your pain management, if I take toridol I have this horrible anxiety attack. Just how I react to that certain med.

Hope it gets better for you.

Listen, I had some of the same concerns as you had. I mentally prepared myself for this life altering and life saving surgery for better long term health. What's done is done now, pull it together sweetheart cause your gonna be alright in a minute. I read the responses to your thread and I gotta tell ya, I agree with them all. You got some good suggestions and good advice on this subject.

I got the creeps a little over missing stomach part at times same as you it added a little anxiety to that, but that passes and so did the thought all and all more as time has moved along.

I think it is normal to worry about things, especially when we are still so new. It is a permanent change, and that realization hits every now and then. One thing I've noticed is that if I spend too much time on the board reading about compications, I start to realize what could have happened/could still happen, and it's frightening. I'm a registered nurse, fully understood the procedure, fully understood the risks and accepted them, so it is not as if I didn't know. It's just now....there is no turning back. I think panic attacks are another thing - if you are truly having panic attacks, I'd check with my doc about that, particularly if that's new for you. Best of luck - I'm a month ahead of you, and I think it gets a little easier after about 4 weeks, all the way around.

Thanks so much for all the great advise! I feel much better this morning! I do great during the day but it's at night that my mind starts going crazy on me! :D

Also I should have not read the "Horror story" that woman posted! That really upset me!

I lived a smaller version of the horror story that that poor thing posted. It's something to make you tingle and yes, fear, but let me share with you my early days.

I left the surgery center for the hospital and went home two days later. EVERY DAY I got more and more tired and worn out. I got sicker and sicker and sicker. Each day the poison in my body made me sicker, i just didn't know it was happening.

Are you going down hill or feeling better each day? This is a big question and one that probably should set your fears aside....you're feeling better aren't you?

I NEVER had moments of comfort from the beginning. IF this is you, get your arse to the hospital, but if it's not, then consider that your body has just been through hell. You are now losing weight rapidly and that sends tons of hormones into your system which can and will make you a mess :) I'm sensing that this is more your issue and it's very normal hun. It's not normal to feel as I did or the horror story gal did. Your issues...totally normal dear and the good news is that they will even out as our body adjusts to it's new normal. You're gonna be great :)