Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The closer to my date, the scareder I am.

Is anyone else going through this? My date is January 30, And I am having a harder time the closer I get. I was fine when surgery was like a month out.

I have generalized anxiety disorder I was told years ago and I just deal with it and talk myself down. For intstance, I worry worry worry like crazy about my kids and they are not little either they are 13 and 28. I worry about the 13 yr old walking a block to the bus stop. I make him text me when he is there. lol

I hate anethesia and if I could do the procedure fully awake I would. I am just scared something will gowrong and I will not wake up and that will be the end. I will not know its the end because you are not conscious during General Anethesia. Ahhhhhhhh. I know I will kick myself Wed night and Thurs when its all over and I am fine but in the mean time how do I talk myself off this crazy ledge?

If anyone wants to text me the day after my surgery to see if I made it through you can my number is 240-483-6660

I know I am being a big baby about this. And to top it all off my time is 3:00 pm. I do have all confidence inmy Doctor I just wish I had the same confidence in myself.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Janice

I am having surgery the day after you and I am nervous too. I am getting more nervous each day. But, I trust my surgeon and I know I need this surgery.

Good Luck!

I'm scheduled for January 30th as well. We will be fine! Nerves are natural and part of the process. Don't worry!

I feel you completely... I too have GAD and we took me off my meds to actually help this process along. I seem to pick one thing each day to obsess over LOL. I wish I had fool proof advice for you, but all of us are different... I think you are normal. I try to name my anxiousness and reassure myself with the preparations that are in place. You will do fine. Best wishes!

Good luck I will be thinking of you!

I feel your pain, the closer it gets the more nervous i get. (feb 11) These are t things that scare me: Not being able to eat! I enjoy it and wish there was another way. I am afriad I will be miserable. People tell me you can eat and you look so good it doenst matter, saggy skin, my arms already look like flagpoles, looking older, I wont wake up, yada yada .....Also I have been irritable as hell.

Its the pre-op jitters club. We are all members. Teh surgery i svery sucessful. My surgeon has less then 0.5% complication rate, still scary

scared something will go wrong m number is240-483-6660

Janice

worried about your 13 yr old & 26 year old kids, that's crazy??? i don't think so!!!!

it think we will always worry about our kids (my daughter is married and 38 - then of course worried about the grand-kids 12,9,4 also.

so this WLS should be a piece of "cake"

your surgery is Wednesday OMG - you have every right to be a little "concerned"

many people get scared of the thought about anesthesia and surgery

it can be a scary thing - you are having major surgery. all your feelings are understandable

butttttt.....keep talking to yourself, assuring yourself, or family/friends to give you that extra encouragement

do you have help family et al when you come home - i know your kids can help, but anyone else???

if not, thats ok :)

i have faith that you WILL come through this without a hitch :)

you will wake up, come to the board with all your questions and tell us your experiences!!! :)

as far as your phone # - i just posted the number on a billboard :D

good luck bud

speedy recovery

I know exactly what you're going through. I have anxiety disorder and panic disorder. A couple weeks ago I was SERIOUSLY freaking out as time was coming closer to the surgery date (Feb 4th). It's a week away now and I have begun to calm a little. I'm almost positive it's a form of denial and the day of the surgery I am going to need every ounce of any control I have for myself. Hopefully it is some sort of acceptance.

I keep telling myself that tons of people have this surgery and the majority are fine. That's always sort of scary too cause with anxiety disorder that thought of "What if i'm not the majority?!" But then again, even WERE something to go wrong... I remind myself... think of all the people who survive things that I find absolutely terrifying? The majority.

Find some time to focus on what happens AFTER surgery. The clothes you can't wait to buy. Go shopping.. online or otherwise! Just keep thinking about that. Stay positive!

(Believe me, I'm sitting here giving advice knowing full well I'm going to need to remind myself of this advice soon. LOL)

Janice, my surgery is on 2/5 and I'm the same way I have to keep telling myself that this is the best thing that I can do for myself to make sure I'm around to see my grandkids someday (hopefully not for awhile, my son is only 17) but I want to be active and at the weight I am right now I can't enjoy life to its fullest because of my knees and back....

Im feeling the same way and i have til march good luck best wishes

My surgery is 1/29 and I'm getting more and more nervous. I was so confident in my choice and now I'm just scared I'm making the wrong decision.

Wow, I'm glad I saw this thread. My surgery date is Feb 12th. I couldn't wait for the date to get here. I kept saying I'm ready, I'm ready to have surgery today! but now that I have my pre-op appointment on Tuesday I'm getting nervous. I thought today could I possibly back out? No, I need to do this for myself and my family. I am telling myself, God brought me to this and he'll get me through it. We'll all be fine and happy we did it and for all the right reasons.

Janice I though I was the only one feeling like this! I feel exactly what you are feeling. My surgery is Tuesday! I am nervous myself. I trust my doctor and I hope everything comes out good. I have had previous surgeries and never felt like this. Maybe I feel nervous because I did not have a kid before and now I do and I don't want to die. Ughhh!

Is anyone else going through this? My date is January 30' date=' And I am having a harder time the closer I get. I was fine when surgery was like a month out.

I have generalized anxiety disorder I was told years ago and I just deal with it and talk myself down. For intstance, I worry worry worry like crazy about my kids and they are not little either they are 13 and 28. I worry about the 13 yr old walking a block to the bus stop. I make him text me when he is there. lol

I hate anethesia and if I could do the procedure fully awake I would. I am just scared something will gowrong and I will not wake up and that will be the end. I will not know its the end because you are not conscious during General Anethesia. Ahhhhhhhh. I know I will kick myself Wed night and Thurs when its all over and I am fine but in the mean time how do I talk myself off this crazy ledge?

If anyone wants to text me the day after my surgery to see if I made it through you can my number is 240-483-6660

I know I am being a big baby about this. And to top it all off my time is 3:00 pm. I do have all confidence inmy Doctor I just wish I had the same confidence in myself.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Janice[/quote']

Janice I think that's all of us. I am so nervous n scared. I am doing a billion things n running around. Mine is Jan 30th as well. This past weekend I failed in keeping my strict diet ;( so I feel nervous something wrong might happen. Please keep in touch. I am from Union, New Jersey. Can't wait at the same time just scared. Best of luck.

Ryder you must be in the DMV....i know that 240 all to well. where are going to have your surgery? I live in DC and will have mine April 3 at providence. I would love to connect so we can keep tabs on each other and maybe work out together sometime...email me....tliba919@hotmail.com