Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much different are these symptoms? For two days now, I have been bedridden with absolutely terrible full body aches, unable to drink Water, unable to eat, diarrhea, throwing up, 101.5 temp, not able to move faster then little baby steps. I got really dehydrated this morning and passed out on my way to the bathroom. This feels like first couple days after surgery, but even worse. It could be the flu or leak because I believe symptoms are the same. About 6 months out.

Not likely a leak at six months out.

I think you're way past the point of the possibility of a leak, but sounds like you are very ill. I would get into the doc ASAP if you are becoming that dehydrated. Good luck- get well soon!

-Kendra

I think you're way past the point of the possibility of a leak' date=' but sounds like you are very ill. I would get into the doc ASAP if you are becoming that dehydrated. Good luck- get well soon!

-Kendra[/quote']

Thanks, I went to the clinic yesterday and they would not prescribe tamiflu because I did not have a high enough temperature when they measured it. However, last night and today I am burning. I can hardly walk. Why can't my PCP prescribe it over the phone? Made me mad. Made my wife mad. I do not feel well enough to go out and answer 20 questions again from the RN. I am tempted to cal my surgeon doctor to get it filled over the phone because time is of the essence. Tamiflu will not work if you do not start it when first symptomatic. So I have heard.

I just got over the flu. It's terrible :(. I'm so sorry you are feeling this sickly! If it is flu A- tamiflu won't help with the symptoms much. And Flu B wasn't covered by the flu shot this year. I'm so sorry again that you are feeling this yucky.

Fiddleman! Whether it is the flu or a leak both are very serious. With flu symptoms that bad you need to go to the hospital, dehydration is no joke. I work in a hospital and we are seeing very harsh gastrointestinal symptoms with the flu this year, and a lot of dehydration. Have your wife take you to ER.

Fiddleman! Whether it is the flu or a leak both are very serious. With flu symptoms that bad you need to go to the hospital' date=' dehydration is no joke. I work in a hospital and we are seeing very harsh gastrointestinal symptoms with the flu this year, and a lot of dehydration. Have your wife take you to ER.[/quote']

I thought I was getting better yesterday. Tylenol seems to be the only thing that lowers my fever. However, it was back up after the Tyrol wears off. I was sweating through all my sheets last night and was shivering for 3 hours until I took some more. Weird thing happened this morning. The tips of all my fingers felt like the had blood blisters and there were little blisters that formed ( looked like air pockets). I think the amount i am drinking (32 ounces) is not staying ahead of the night sweats. It is better now because have been working on drinking this morning. I usually drink about 120+ ounces daily with my sleeve.

Fiddleman! Whether it is the flu or a leak both are very serious. With flu symptoms that bad you need to go to the hospital' date=' dehydration is no joke. I work in a hospital and we are seeing very harsh gastrointestinal symptoms with the flu this year, and a lot of dehydration. Have your wife take you to ER.[/quote']

And thanks for the ER advice. My immune system is very weak now and I would rather recover at home then pick up something else in the ER.

And thanks for the ER advice. My immune system is very weak now and I would rather recover at home then pick up something else in the ER.

Well keep us posted want to make sure your okay.

I would be more concerned with recovering than catching something. Besides, ERs will provide a mask if you ask. Six months is pretty far out for a leak but it's not impossible. You need fluids and meds ASAP if you're still battling such a fever. Go to the ER or Urgent Care. Passing out is reason enough for that. Good luck, keep us posted

No longer feel like the walking dead today and mental clarity and focus is returning, but still am getting sheet drenching night sweats and my fever usually picks up in the evening hours. I suppose the increased fever in the evening is because the immune system weakens a little at night due to circadian cycles. I am making this up, so someone please chime in if they know the real reason. I bought some pedialyte for adults to replace the electrolytes lost from the sweats. This stuff is hard to drink as it is like drink a cup of cough medicine. Yuck. I got the shakes last night too, but not nearly as bad and they subsided after I took a couple Tylenol. At the same time I also woke up with a blinding headache which was also cured by the fast acting Tylenol. Love the fast acting variety. It is almost as good as the liquid Tylenol with regards to immediate results ( 5 min instead of usual 30 min). Today, there are still aches in my back and in the abdominal area, including below the rib cage. I hope this ends soon! I want to feel normal again (or better than normal) and get back to my 5 k And strength training. Exercise this week has been non existent because I was the walking dead ( no joke here)and usual Protein goals were never met because of much reduced appetite and intense sore throat. I am looking forward to eating again, starting today. i have been on Protein Shakes this week and got though about 2 a day (50 g of protein on average). Thanks for your support. It has been so hard this week and I am still really weak. I guess the flu this year really is intense especially with regards to dehydration. Not good for us sleevers.

Wishing you well!! Take care of yourself. I hope your back to 100% very soon!

Good to know your getting better, it is at least a two week recovery with the flu. Just make sure you continue lots of Fluid. I'm sure your body aches especially you abdomen because of all the vomiting you had. Take care it will get better the worst is over.

Thanks everyone!!

One positive that came out of this flu ordeal is I lost 7 lbs this week, placing me 2 lbs below my first WLS goal of 185.

YAY!

This is the lightest I have been since 9th grade.

Do not read this as an endorsement of the flu to lose weight. Lol. My caloric intake was so bad this last week and I got so dehydrated, I would not recommend this on my worst enemy.

Now I will have to figure out if I am done losing or if I really need to go to my new goal set this week of 170. I'll need to discuss this with the nut rationalist and dr next week.