Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone out there an RN?

I wanted to go back after 2 weeks, but way to weak!! Had a bad dizzy spell on Monday! Drank Water chewed my Vitamin and laid down. I think I am going to just adjust to my lifestyle and and return in 4 weeks. I work in SDS and Pain clinic very busy and demanding.

Washington state! Almost 3 weeks out. I was way more concerned about complications than the actual surgery. First few days were very hard but each day was alittle easier. Pay attention to your body and take it slow.so far so good! Went into work in nylons and high heels for an interview!

Hi there! I'm also in ICU. I asked for 3 weeks off, but right now I'm post op day #8 i really feel fine. I'm thinking I'll just cut it down to two weeks and go back earlier. I just need to make sure I stay hydrated. That's my challenge now, not quite drinking 64oz yet, hopefully I'll meet that goal by then.

I was thinking 3 weeks and I could always go back before if I felt okay. Just trying to plan vacation/sick time.

Where are you all from? Any regrets about having the surgery? I am waiting to hear back from my insurance company so haven't made a final decision. I am just terrifed that something would go wrong and I would really mess myself up. Other than being overweight' date=' I have no health issues. But sick and tired of dieting and gaining the weight back.[/quote']

No regrets!

I'm a RN in NICU. I took off 1week. It went well and had no issues.

No regrets!

I'm from Nashville haven't had surgery yet vsg scheduled for April 11th pray that all goes well excited and afraid all at the same time

That's a normal feeling!!! Its worth it just hang on there and do what the doc says!! You know "us" nurses!! Good luck :)

If you are a bedside nurse' date=' wondering how long before you went back to work. Worried about being on my feet for 12 hours as well and the physicality of the job post op. Thoughts?[/quote']

I'm a RN, medical-surgical and pediatrics, went back in 4 weeks :)

Hello Nashville! I lived there in the 80s, my son was born metro Nashville-Davidson county hospital. I actually lived in Antioch, I really Miss Tennessee!

Hello Nashville! I lived there in the 80s' date=' my son was born metro Nashville-Davidson county hospital. I actually lived in Antioch, I really Miss Tennessee![/quote']

Hello azquilter where do you live now? have you had your procedure

Hi

I live in tucson. Have for about 28 years now. Yes I had My surgery last March.lost 104 lbs. Just got back from hospital 30 min ago. Had my gall bladder removed

Sure r a lot of nurses here. I'm a doc and I was sleeved Friday December the 28th. I went back to seeing patients in the office the following Wednesday, but my office manager said I looked "yellow" and sickly. I did not operate for the first 2 weeks, and I think I was barely ready then. I thinks there something about working in the medical field that makes a lot of people overweight - I thinks it's the stress.

Sure r a lot of nurses here. I'm a doc and I was sleeved Friday December the 28th. I went back to seeing patients in the office the following Wednesday' date=' but my office manager said I looked "yellow" and sickly. I did not operate for the first 2 weeks, and I think I was barely ready then. I thinks there something about working in the medical field that makes a lot of people overweight - I thinks it's the stress.[/quote']

Oh I agree! I could go all 12 hrs not hungry or thirsty & almost no potty break! But after work my food choices were awful. Then I'd pretty much veg out on the couch, sleep, & cycle starts up again in 12 hrs :/

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi y'all. I'm a paramedic from New Orleans. I went back to work after 4 weeks. I had to pass a lengthy lift test first which included flexibility, multiple lifts of a +250# stretcher, and I had to carry an EKG monitor and 50# gear bad up 3 fights of stairs. The first couple of shifts back were tough. Having the surgery makes a world of difference in my job. I have no regrets. This surgery was the best decision I have ever made in my life.

Hi y'all. I'm a paramedic from New Orleans. I went back to work after 4 weeks. I had to pass a lengthy lift test first which included flexibility' date=' multiple lifts of a +250# stretcher, and I had to carry an EKG monitor and 50# gear bad up 3 fights of stairs. The first couple of shifts back were tough. Having the surgery makes a world of difference in my job. I have no regrets. This surgery was the best decision I have ever made in my life.[/quote']

Good for you! :)