Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New sleeve but iit doesnt feel restricted

My one cup containers are my staple! I get perfectly full with one container and that is my limit. Most mornings I fill one container with 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese and 1/2 cup canned pears or pineapple. Keeps me full all morning with no Snacks before lunch. They are perfect for Soup too and basic leftovers. Makes Portion Control easy and food tracking as well.

I feel the same way!! I was sleeved 01/09 and feel like I can eat/drink too much. I'm happy to hear that solids will feel differently than liquid. I started to become nervous lately that maybe this surgery won't work for me due to my lack of feeling full.

I'm almost two weeks out and largely feel the same. I have zero issues getting in my 64+ oz of Water / fluids in daily. I can get down a 16 oz water bottle in probably 30-45 minutes without feeling like anything is coming up.

As for food, have only had one "you'll know it when you have too much" moment. Yesterday, I had my Stage IV dinner for 2 oz of mush (I went with ricotta). I was full but apparently craved something. Grabbed one of my protein-enhanced puddings I made and ate it (probably 3-4 oz). Felt nausious and not great at all. Haven't thrown up once since the surgery, but that was the closest I've come to "I probably should be ready in case it comes up."

So, yeah, I am a little worried that I can eat and drink more than I should. My doc tells me he's not worried about how much I can drink....just told me that I should just be drinking fluids all the time and get more than 64 oz.

I'm almost two weeks out and largely feel the same. I have zero issues getting in my 64+ oz of Water / fluids in daily. I can get down a 16 oz Water bottle in probably 30-45 minutes without feeling like anything is coming up.

As for food' date=' have only had one "you'll know it when you have too much" moment. Yesterday, I had my Stage IV dinner for 2 oz of mush (I went with ricotta). I was full but apparently craved something. Grabbed one of my protein-enhanced puddings I made and ate it (probably 3-4 oz). Felt nausious and not great at all. Haven't thrown up once since the surgery, but that was the closest I've come to "I probably should be ready in case it comes up."

So, yeah, I am a little worried that I can eat and drink more than I should. My doc tells me he's not worried about how much I can drink....just told me that I should just be drinking fluids all the time and get more than 64 oz.[/quote']

Im right there with you. Im worried that im eating too much :(

Actingnurse I am right there right now I overdid it. Now I am standing by for a possible throw up reaction. I now learned to eat slower because I ate too fast. I guess we'll all learn as we go.

I think I must have just ate something too dry. It was miserable getting it back up. The paranoid mind is running rampant thinking "OMG...I hope I didn't spring a leak."

It was very strange, to say the least.

:(

Yep, the first 3 weeks post op, I could sip and sip with no issues. I could finish 16 ounces in under an hour. But once you move to soft foods and solids, you'll feel restriction, and you have to balance not drinking before and after eating which makes getting everything in harder

Glad I'm not the only one!! I start soft food on Wednesday and I would like to feel restriction (maybe I spoke too soon). Can anyone list some good soft food? I'm excited for eggs, Beans and cottage cheese!!! Yum

Today I am on vacation in San Diego and on the puréed part of this life. It was very hard because there is the smell of Mexican food everywhere and all there displays of ladies making hand made tortillas. Oh man. I think I waited to long to eat dinner and my 300calories had burned up by dinner because I felt weak and dizzy. I ordered chicken tortilla Soup and drank the broth and ate the avocado. The avocado was so good and it did fill me up more than anything else I've had these last few days. I surprisingly wasn't that tempted by dessert which used to be my kryptonite. Now I'm just craving to use my teeth!!!! Lol. Anyway, I did remind myself of my goal and that I WILL eat again, all in due time. And seeing my family eat so much and so bad (they ate friend ice cream) made me glad I was in control. I just vented on here. Sorry. My boyfriend is probably tired of hearing all my symptoms or cravings or he just doesn't get it so I said it here. . Phew.

Glad I'm not the only one!! I start soft food on Wednesday and I would like to feel restriction (maybe I spoke too soon). Can anyone list some good soft food? I'm excited for eggs, Beans and cottage cheese!!! Yum

-tuna fish

-egg salad

-chilli

-thin sliced deli meat

-sliced cheeses

-beans

-soups

-google shelly's ricotta bake (although the mozzarella i found a little hard to digest so go easy on sprinkling at first)

Oatmeal, cream of wheat, malt-o-meal, grits all good soft choices for this stage and all whole grain. You can make with Water or milk, maybe a sugar free sweetener.

Oatmeal' date=' cream of wheat, malt-o-meal, grits all good soft choices for this stage and all whole grain. You can make with Water or milk, maybe a sugar free sweetener.[/quote']

Thanks Katie713! Ill try tomorrow.

So glad to have seen this thread as i thought there was something wrong with me! Since one week post op (I'm 2 weeks today) I really have been able to drink (slowly) without any problems. A 7oz Protein shake goes down now problem in about 30 minutes. Same with a small cup of coffee.

I am struggling to get Water in only because I constantly forget to drink it, so that is my main focus this week, getting and staying hydrated.