Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Local Y, or Curves?

I'm so glad to hear it Glendalee. Keep it up!

I am...I'm "keep on keeping on"!! I have to say, I've lived in my area for 7 years, and since I don't work, do not have many friends at all here. The local Curves owner and staff is so friendsly, non-judging once so ever! They remembered my name from day 1!! I needed this so much! It is still so hard to "get there", motivation wise...but I do!! Oh and my personal physcian works out there!! I see her on her lunch hour!! What a plus!! Working up to trying Zumba there! Curves has my support and vote, if anyone asks!

That's awesome. Sounds like so many stories I've heard from my wife. I kinda wish I could be more of a part of it. But I know it's better if I'm there only after hours.

I knew u would like Curves I so wish I could join there again but with no ride I can't at least not right now

Yay glendalee! I'm glad that u picked something and r using the membership. Paying the membership is the easy part- staying consistent and going is where the hard work and determination comes into play. It sounds like it was the perfect choice for u! Keep up the great work and enjoy watching the pounds come flying off!

Ya'll I was doing so good and then I broke my friggin' toe 2 weeks ago!! Ugh! I'm gonna try to get in there next week and just do machines, cuz I'm certainly not going to be able to do the springboards. What a bummer!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I just joined the Y yesterday. I liked them better than the Curves because their hours are more convenient and they have child care. Mine also has a pool which is great after a hard work out.

I joined Curves 9 years ago and worked my way up from 3x week to 5x a week and made some life-long friends. I recently quit because my husband and I started working out at a local rec center together and my workouts dwindled to 1x a week.

I would rejoin in a heartbeat if I wasn't working out w/my hubby.

Glad you like it you won't regret it!

Curves was hard on my knees, so I go to the Y and do Water Aerobics. Easy on my joints!! Also have a treadmill to walk at home when it is dark outside or cold!

I chose curves and this is why- I need something quick and easy. This is a new lifestyle for me and if its too hard I won't continue. It's 30 mins a day at least 3x a week and that's a fairly easy commitment and there are alot of them so hopefully its close to you like it is for me. I also wanted something that's going to be muscle strengthening not just cardio. As we all know muscle building has great effects such as toning - which we all need losing alot if weight And more muscle mass= more calories burned on a daily basis. I do think walking and swimming is good too and I do that but curves gives me the beginning of weight training I need. Also there is the monthly measurements they do that keeps u on track - makes u accountable. So when the scale is moving slow, which it will at times , you can see inches melting away. So I've made a commitment to do curves for one year and after that time if in ready I might join a gym with a more intense workout. Also curves has Zumba now too;) good luck with your wt loss!!!!!