Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am on day two of my pre op liquid diet and I am allowed a serving of greek yogurt a day (plain of course) - lovely right? It's hardly edible.

Well, I was looking for ways to make it taste better without adding solids or sugar to it and this is what I did today that actually made it tolerable. mix your half a cup of greek with a teaspoon of vanilla extract, a teaspoon of almond extract, and a teaspoon of lemon extract. I also added a pack of splenda.

Don't get me wrong, its not great, but its a lot better than before. If anyone has any better ideas please bless me with them. I already tried crystal light in it and honestly that was pretty terrible for me.

Add a little honey or agave nectar. A Tb or so. It takes some getting use to. I eat it for best fast now itch a apple. I not having surgery until may......but it keeps me from missing mcDonalds in the morning..... And that's pretty major. :-)

Add a little honey or agave nectar. A Tb or so. It takes some getting use to. I eat it for best fast now itch a apple. I not having surgery until may......but it keeps me from missing mcDonalds in the morning..... And that's pretty major. :-)

That's Breakfast. My computer auto corrected that. Sorry peeps.

The type of yogurt you get has a *lot* to do with the taste. Out of all the greek yogurts, Fage is by far my favorite. Normally Fage isn't in with the yogurts in the dairy case around here, often you have to go to the tree hugging section of the store to find it. It's very smooth, not gritty and has a nice tang. Try mixing in sugar free Syrup like Torani or Archer Farms. Archer Farms had a pumpkin spice one during the holidays that was delicious.

I cant add that because of the sugar. Im preop dieting

Try mixing in some sugar free jellos or puddings...that's what I do to flavor my Protein Shakes.< /p>

I agree with TheGamer. The brand has a lot to do with the taste. Greek yogurt is a hot item. Everyone has jumped in because the want the sales but just because you can make yogurt doesn't mean you can make Greek yogurt.

I also like the Fage, as well as the Chobani and Trader Joes house brand. I add some stevia to it which tastes a lot better than those artificial sweeteners. Since I'm post op I put in a little fresh fruit as well but I didn't do that pre-op.

This Syrup everyone keeps talking about, do you find it in the pancake section or the coffee section of the store?

coffee.< /p>

coffee section

I use SF Torani syrups. You can find tons at Cost Plus. The grocery stores just don't carry many flavors.

SF Jello or Jello pudding mix works too.

These things are good to doctor up Protein shakes as well.

I use Chobani Greek yogurt, I mix 1 tablespoon of sugar free/fat free Jello cheesecake powder and 2 packs of Splenda, it tastes really close to cheesecake, or that's what my sleeve thinks.

Sent from Gaye's iPad Mini using VST

Add a tbls of nut butter (i use no sugar added pnut butter)

1tsp vanilla

2tbls sweetener (I ad a little extra)

1tsp semi sweet choc chip

Mix up with yogurt and it taste like cookie dough!:)) (close enough)

This Syrup everyone keeps talking about' date=' do you find it in the pancake section or the coffee section of the store?[/quote']

Hi mrsgina, the target brand archer farm is in the coffee section. Torani is super cheap at smart & final and tons of sugar free selection; but are also available from cost plus market. I also saw a lot at Marshall's and TJ Max but different brands i am not familiar with but they have pretty interesting flavors. good luck!

So I am on day two of my pre op liquid diet and I am allowed a serving of greek yogurt a day (plain of course) - lovely right? It's hardly edible.

Well' date=' I was looking for ways to make it taste better without adding solids or sugar to it and this is what I did today that actually made it tolerable. mix your half a cup of greek with a teaspoon of vanilla extract, a teaspoon of almond extract, and a teaspoon of lemon extract. I also added a pack of splenda.

Don't get me wrong, its not great, but its a lot better than before. If anyone has any better ideas please bless me with them. I already tried crystal light in it and honestly that was pretty terrible for me.[/quote']

Hi nurse grace, I add a dab of strawberry fruit jams on my fage. strawberry and grapes are the best!