Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ November Chat

My doctor said the same thing - he was surprised that I hadn't been back for a fill sooner, because I had lost 8 inches in my waist (now ten!!!)

Eileen

My twin says yes. She has had her band now for 20 months and she just went in for a fill, she had actually gained weight for the first time when they weighed her.(just a pound or two) So far I would say she has been a great sucess at 130lbs lost and my inspiration for having my surgery. Andy has the VG band and it holds 14ccs. I guess as long as we are losing we will need to get fills untill our bands are full.

I had my 2nd fill on 10-31 and I am still struggling too. More things are getting stuck, but I can still eat too much. I just keep thinking this is going to get easier, grrrr. I am also cooking for Thanksgiving, this should be fun.

:clap2: I did it....I hit onederland! 199.2!!!! Wooooohoooo!

So, I'm officially down 49.5 lbs with 49 lbs. to go. Exactly halfway to goal (150 lbs). Everyone is doing such a great job. Although I don't post much, I do pop on every day to read. Keep up the good work everyone!

Off to the gym to run/walk. Gee, I never thought the day would come where I'd say I'm off to go run. LOL

Kirsten

who needs to change her ticker!!!

well here are some photos of me and my little one, before my surgery and today. I don't see much difference, maybe after 100lbs,lol.

post-214453-1381313460077_thumb.png

post-208325-1381313460092_thumb.jpg

post-209551-13813134321249_thumb.jpg

post-209551-13813134321726_thumb.jpg

Hey candy I see a difference. I think it is just that no one sees a difference in their own photos. I'm sure I'll always think I look bad, no matter what.

Has anybody heard from Faybie? She hasn't been on in awhile, I'm starting to worry about her./

Silly pun, huh?:)

I can't remember who posted what, so I figured I'd give my 2 cents on some of the topics:

1. Restriction - I have had 2 fills and I think I have 1.5 cc's. The last fill was early this month, and I really think I am ready for another one. I feel like I am getting to the "sweet spot", but I'm just not quite there yet. I can eat things that I shouldn't be able to eat and I'm able to eat more than I should. So, I am going to go back in soon and get another fill.

2. Carbs -- I too have had my cravings. It sucks, but I've mainly stayed away from them. Instead, I've given in to my sweet tooth a bit too much. Something I definitely have to keep working on.

3. Stomach size - I do think that our stomaches get smaller as we lose weight. Makes sense since not everyone has the same size band. I have also heard others talk about this. But, I haven't confirmed it with the Dr.

4. I am down to the weight now where I usually get stuck, so I am really praying that with my Band's help, I can get through the next phase of weight loss that I have tried unsuccessfully several times in the last few years.

5. Sometimes I wish my dr. was a bit more aggressive. I want to stay excited about the band and losing weight!!

To those that are working on finding the "sweet spot", good luck and to those that have found it (Robin!), congrats!

Best to all,

Jessica

Congrats Kirsten I cant wait to hit onederland too!!!

candy I see a difference but I also have had a hard time noticing a difference in myself but everyone else points it out ALL the time LOL So what I did is put on the same outfit as an old pic or at least something similar and try to take the same pic It makes a big difference when your comparing something that way.

Well I went back to work today after being out for practically 3 months for both surgeries and a procedure. I was so nervous I'd be tired all day from not doing too much lately and not being a morning person at all. But everyone kept saying how different I look and how much weight I had lost. It gave me some confidence and gave me some added energy LOL

Well good luck to everyone during the holidays and remember we can do it!!!

Ok so I had my fill put back in yesterday. I went from 1cc to 2cc (briefly) to nothing and yesterday to 1.3cc's. Now this morning I'm so tight that I decided to have a small glass of chocolate milk for Breakfast and it got stuck and I threw it up. But Water went down fine. What's up with that??? They're both liquid! Any idea's?

By the way, you're all looking GREAT!!! candy, your face is slimer already! Keep up the great work!

My doctor said the same thing - he was surprised that I hadn't been back for a fill sooner, because I had lost 8 inches in my waist (now ten!!!) He said that if your belt needs to be taken in, so does your band.

Eileen

Hey candy, I see a big difference in your cheeks and chin. Your face is definitley slimming down, which means the rest of you is to!!!

On Saturday I went to get my haircut, I stopped by my cousins on the way. When I turned to leave, she said, OH MY, Now I see the difference, your ass isn't nearly as big as it was and you're getting your hourglass back! :peep: It's the truth, those are the very same things I've noticed in me!

Yay me!!! I've hit the 40 pound mark!!

AWESOME!! :clap2:

I'm so thrilled, I got on the scale today and it said 35 gone! I just might make my Christmas goal :peep:

candy, I do see changes and like others have said, we all have too critical an eye on our own appearance to see the subtle differences, but you are well on your way to some major changes.

I have lost 1/3 of my weight loss goal, and I too, am at the place where I have tended in the past to get stuck. I am hoping the next 30 pounds (165-195) will keeping coming off. The restriction is still there, but I feel a little more hungrier than I did this time last month. Tomorrow it will be one month since my 2nd fill. It was a good month because I lost 10 pounds in that time period but with the holidays coming up I am a little worried.

I am finding carbs tempting and I'm getting a little tired of poor Protein. We have Thanksgiving to get through and 4 holiday/business parties which won't be easy. Hang in there everybody!

Candy, I see a difference too. Looking good!

I need to come up with more creative ways to eat Protein too. I'm falling into a rutt here. Anyone have any recipes or ideas to share?

Roinsmom, are you going to Dr. Nusbaum's holiday party? What a wonderful idea, all the patients, office staff and hospital staff together. My mom and I want to go, leave the little one with dad and grandpa. Hope to see you there!

:( What party? They always send mail to my former address. I've changed it with them a few times now, but it still gets sent to my old house :(

I would probably go, if I knew when ;)

I am getting fill on the 25th, if you are also, I'll see you there!

:( What party? They always send mail to my former address. I've changed it with them a few times now, but it still gets sent to my old house ;)

I would probably go, if I knew when :lol:

I am getting fill on the 25th, if you are also, I'll see you there!

Hmmmm, let's see. The invitation says, 12-12-06 from 6 to 8pm at the Saint Barnabas Medical Center Auditorium.

It says to bring a friend. Oh, and FOOD!!! imagine that! LOL!! And door prizes. You have to call to RSVP, so i guess you could ask them for any other info you may need.

Isn't the fill on the 24th? The day after Thanksgiving right?:(