Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ November Chat

Pebbles, the difference is amazing. I love having only one chin now, albeit a chubby one. LOL!!!:biggrin1:

Pelorojo, I don't know what to tell you. I can understand the sudden loss of restriction. It's happened to me too. Unfortunately, you're gonna have to get more fills, and pay for them. As for with or without fluoro, that's up to you and your wallet I suppose. How many fills have you had so far? Because even with fluoro it may take a few to find the "sweet spot"

Hi, I got my second fill on the 1st. I didn't feel as though I had anymore restriction than before. Then 6 days later I was having half of a salad leftover, took 2 bites and had a feeling like it would not go down, then I had to stand over the sink for the next 10 min. That was weard. the rest of the time I was fine, not really feeling any restriction. Then 2 days later I took my grandchildren out to eat. I took 2 bites of chicken and one bite of corn and the same thing happened. This time it took 1 1/2 hours to feel better. My poor girls they didn't know why I was feeling so bad. They don't know that I have the band, and didn't want to tell them. I just felt bad that they had to watch me feel bad. I didn't even get to talk to them about anything else. Does the restriction come and go like that? Or does it just take time? I guess I thought that as soon as I got the fill, and it was enough for a restriction, I would know right away.

laydi,

My restriction definately comes and goes...in the morning I am much more restricted also. I think it depends on the person, try to find something in common with both times and see if there is a link so you'll know to watch out for next time. I know I've been told to aviod both lettuce and corn because they are hard to digest, and I tried lettuce and I did have problems, but so far I've had no problem with corn. I'm sorry you had to go through all that!! I hope you feel better!

Thank you Jamie,

I feel great, its just weird how it happens now and then. I guess I was thinking that the band just made you feel full after a little food. I sure didn't want anything to eat after I got home.

Diane

Well the 2nd fill has really hit the sweet spot because I am experiencing real restriction, pbing if I eat too fast or too much or the wrong food, and that first bite syndrome in the morning. I have to have a warm drink first thing in the morning before I eat otherwise any food has difficulty going down. So far I have lost 8 pounds since 10/16 about 2 pounds a week without any exercise because I am still taking it easy after knee surgery although I am doing daily exercises to just strengthen the knee. I am concerned about my calories though. I am probably only taking in 800 or so calories only because I can't really eat that much. dinner time with the family is such a non event. I have to eat very slowly because I can't eat that much. I kinda miss not being able to just dig into food. It has become very methodical so I don't take too big a bite. I am wearing a size 16 which has made clothes shopping interesting again. But I so want to go so much faster. Folks are really noticing now - I especially love the compliement I received today that I look so much younger! Thanksgiving has me a little anxious, not for fear that I will over indulge but because I won't really be able to partake. It will be a teaspoon of this or that. Anyone else having turkey day blues?

Congrats Libra!!! :)

Well, I flew down to Dr Ortiz office Thursday to make sure that doc didn't do any damage during that fill in Sacramento. Dr Romero did the fill and when he pulled the saline out of the band there was less than 1cc!!! When that fill doc pulled he had 1.5cc and he said he put in another .5cc which would have put me at 2.0cc. God only knows what he did... yikes. But through flouro my port looks good and everything is fine with my band. My mind was put at ease and I feel better.

So this fill ended up costing me about $700 dollars. I spoke to fillcentersusa and they are going to give me my next fill for free but this has been a nightmare.

Anyway, I got what I will call my "real" 2nd Fill and it was 2.3cc and I feel great. I have restriction and will be moving ahead with my weight loss.

Thanks for all you guys support

Doesn't it have a lovely ring to it? It is such a nice round number. Well done!

Yay me!!! I've hit the 40 pound mark!!

I had my second fill right before Halloween, and I'm stuck. Haven't lost a single additional pound. I have a LOT more restriction - it seems that I can eat hardly anything at all, so I feel like I'm not getting enough to eat, and then I feel justified to have some JUNK. Got to get out of this cycle! Yesterday I had two bites of chicken at lunch, a couple of green Beans and a spoonful of mashed potatoes - it all came right back up on me. I was losing weight faster when I had no resriction - help!!!

Eileen

155/186/234

Thanksgiving. I've been talked into COOKING this year, can you believe it? I figure that it will have to be like eating at a buffet. Don't eat any of the appetizer stuff, and when you put the food on your plate, make sure you can see plate all around each bit of food - no touching! I might not even have turkey at the meal, so I can taste everything else - I figure that there will be a lot of leftovers. ...

Eileen

Here I am again, more talking to myself. I really miss bread right now. I would love to have some Pasta, but with this tight restriction, I am really afraid to. My skinny daughter made a pan of brownies, and of course, at a certain point I realized that it was more "mechanical eating" than really craving the brownies or being hungry. I just feel like I am craving carbs right now - anyone else?

Eileen

I am totally craving carbs!!! And that's the one thing that won't go down at all! No bread, no rice, no pasta!

You know, Eileen, you may not be getting enough calories which could stall your weight loss. I'm having a problem getting healthy foods in too. They seem to be tougher to get down. My veggies have to be cooked to mush. And any chicken or beef needs to be swimming in some kind of sauce. It's the total opposite of anything I've learned about healthy eating. I guess we just need to adjust to it and really concentrate on what we're eating before we put it in our mouths.:hungry:

As we lose weight do our stomachs shrink as well? If so, will the band loosen over time due to the stomach size decreasing?

As we lose weight do our stomachs shrink as well? If so, will the band loosen over time due to the stomach size decreasing?

My doctor told me that the band loosens as you loose weight because the fat around your stomach lessens. Anyone who knows about this stuff....does your stomach "actually" shrink when you lose weight?