Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I miss Binge eating?

Anyone else feel sad they wont be able to binge eat after surgery. I feel down I won't be able to. I know it's not good for me but to not be able to eat 'normally' is a strange feeling.

Yup and being post-sleeved I am still struggling with eating too fast sometimes which is an awful experience post sleeve. I think that will be my battle for a long time but I am working on it! I am trying to be very conscious of the speed in which I eat- I have ALWAYS eaten too fast. Binge eating will be more like a quick few bites of eating because there is no way you will be able to binge eat like you did pre- surgery. All the best to you.

Let me think about this for a minute...NO. You won't physically be able to and you won't want to.

-Kendra

I eat fast too. Always have I was skinny all my life until the last 7 years. Even when skinny I binge ate just never affected me like it does now.

I know head hunger I will struggle with. But I have to take this battle on now.

Anyone else feel sad they wont be able to binge eat after surgery. I feel down I won't be able to. I know it's not good for me but to not be able to eat 'normally' is a strange feeling.

But that isn't normal. It may have been what you allowed yourself to accept as your normal.

I can relate! I think I'm even already 'mourning' over not having the ability to binge anymore once I'm sleeved. It's like I get nervous butterfiles, and a sinking lead feeling in my gut when I think about it. (Hello, addiction calling!) Up until now, I never realized how much I actually ENJOY binging, and the thought of not being able to do so after surgery is scary to me right now. Is that totally crazy?!?

Hopefully like I've heard other post-op folks say....once you have the surgery, your whole mindset around binging can change...and the thought of doing it is completely unappealing! Good luck to you, and hope it helps to know that others are feeling the same things.

I can relate! I think I'm even already 'mourning' over not having the ability to binge anymore once I'm sleeved. It's like I get nervous butterfiles' date=' and a sinking lead feeling in my gut when I think about it. (Hello, addiction calling!) Up until now, I never realized how much I actually ENJOY binging, and the thought of not being able to do so after surgery is scary to me right now. Is that totally crazy?!?

Hopefully like I've heard other post-op folks say....once you have the surgery, your whole mindset around binging can change...and the thought of doing it is completely unappealing! Good luck to you, and hope it helps to know that others are feeling the same things.[/quote']

My hubby and I talked about this last night, I get the same feelings and sometimes I even cry at the thought because im scared, I have been overweight my whole life. 35 yrs of binges, turning to food, the guilt. the countless diets has been my life more so than being wife a mother and my job..im so ready to be rid of this addiction and get a life.

It is normal, but needs to be addressed. Just like alcoholics/drug addicts don't go for help because they know they will miss it. It rewards them just like food does for us. You're taking the first step by admitting you have a true addiction .. Now you need to get your head in the right place. The sleeve helps, but not without the right mind set. Therapy is most likely the best option if you believe it's going to continue to be an issue.

Pre- op I panicked and ate everything in sight to where I was so disgusted in myself it made me face the fact that I was no better than the town coke head .. It's like I hit rock bottom... I was seriously pathetic and I cringe just thinking about.

Good luck.. We're all here for you!

I can relate! I think I'm even already 'mourning' over not having the ability to binge anymore once I'm sleeved. It's like I get nervous butterfiles' date=' and a sinking lead feeling in my gut when I think about it. (Hello, addiction calling!) Up until now, I never realized how much I actually ENJOY binging, and the thought of not being able to do so after surgery is scary to me right now. Is that totally crazy?!?

Hopefully like I've heard other post-op folks say....once you have the surgery, your whole mindset around binging can change...and the thought of doing it is completely unappealing! Good luck to you, and hope it helps to know that others are feeling the same things.[/quote']

Not alt all crazy it's how I feel. I know I need the surgery to force me to know when full because I never feel full so I over eat. I know this is because I eat fast. We will all slowly learn a new way of life. Just scared old habits die hard.

My hubby and I talked about this last night' date=' I get the same feelings and sometimes I even cry at the thought because im scared, I have been overweight my whole life. 35 yrs of binges, turning to food, the guilt. the countless diets has been my life more so than being wife a mother and my job..im so ready to be rid of this addiction and get a life.[/quote']

Countless diets and we wasted time and money. This is the one surgery that fits perfect for most after a year we will have a baby stomach and a more normal eating pattern god willing

It is normal' date=' but needs to be addressed. Just like alcoholics/drug addicts don't go for help because they know they will miss it. It rewards them just like food does for us. You're taking the first step by admitting you have a true addiction .. Now you need to get your head in the right place. The sleeve helps, but not without the right mind set. Therapy is most likely the best option if you believe it's going to continue to be an issue.

Pre- op I panicked and ate everything in sight to where I was so disgusted in myself it made me face the fact that I was no better than the town coke head .. It's like I hit rock bottom... I was seriously pathetic and I cringe just thinking about.

Good luck.. We're all here for you![/quote']

That's exactly what I did and only today I have eaten properly no junk. We are addicts thats why we get fat. People treat you different also when your big. I know because I have been both and they certainly a difference in attitudes towards us.