Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Powders Drinks etc Aussies only

Will have to give it a try. Thanks.

So do you have this as a meal substitute? How many calories are in it?

Hi AussieLady,

You can use it as a meal substitute, it says up to twice a day but not to be used as sole source of nutrition etc.

if you don't like all those sickly sweet shakes, then you'll love this.

banana smoothie Flavour

On its own

15.2g Protein

111.6 calories

With lite milk (Woolies brand)

21.8g Protein

200 calorie

I also noticed its on special at Chemist Warehouse too until next weekend.

Yep, I have 'em as a snack replacement (is there such a thing??) mid morning or afternoon, made with Water.< /p>

Dean, can I just ask how many calories per day you aim for? I try for 600 so 200 calories is a meal for me.

Hey - I'm doing about 800 a day. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. I'm trying not to be too rigid about the cals but I do really stick to eating 6 times a day with no other Snacks etc.

Thanks for posting this topic. As someone who is pre- op and trying to prepare, this is very helpful. Most of the books, blogs, forums I've been using to research are. American, and while they have been fantastic sources of information, they can't help with the local suppliers etc.

Thanks again

Thanks for posting this topic. As someone who is pre- op and trying to prepare, this is very helpful. Most of the books, blogs, forums I've been using to research are. American, and while they have been fantastic sources of information, they can't help with the local suppliers etc.

Thanks again

Sorry, hit the post button twice, got impatient waiting for computer to respond

Quite possibly' date=' according to the lack of response, we have no decent Protein powders here in Australia.

I knew it![/quote']

Hi just saw your post, I'm pre op and love the kick start shakes, I buy them thru my surgeons office they are $3.25 a packet ( per serve ) but they are delicious.

Oh, I've not heard of those.

I've settled I think on the ISP whey, although higher Protein would be better, I can drink them without gagging. I'd live to try some if the brands they have in the US but even with the ones I can buy here, I'm over paying for something I mightn't like

I'm glad you found one you like, let's hope that's still the case after surgery, where you from in Aus?

LOL

I just read through my post, shocking grammar, thanks iPhone and your auto correct, where would I be without you…

Ahh got love auto correct!

I'm from Sydney , my surgey is on 6th march I'm so excited to start over , can hardly wait :)

Any tips?

Ahh got love auto correct!

I'm from Sydney ' date=' my surgey is on 6th march I'm so excited to start over , can hardly wait :)

Any tips?[/quote']

Hi Simonetwentynine, I'm Ned to all of this as well. My surgery is 8th March in Melbourne. I'm a bit confused on the calorie intake as I thought we were to have 1000 calories pre op with only 1 tsp of good fat per day. Can anyone tell me is this correct? Any way ill ask at the Surgeon tomorrow.

Good luck Simone for next Wednesday.

Cheers from Sue alias Aussie

Hi Sue,

I'm not sure , my surgeon has me on 3 kick start shakes plus 2 cups of veggies/salad a day.

The kick start shakes are equivalent to opti fast only they actually taste really yummy :)

So ur surgery is the 8th, that's great we can help each other a long if you like? We are both getting close now! Are you excited or nervous? How are you going on pre op diet have you lost anything yet? I've been on it for 3 days and I'm down a kilo, strangely I'm not hungry or craving chocolate at all, which is a blessing as I am used to eating a family block a night, how bad is that ... I just couldn't get enough of it. I've heard people say after surgery they don't crave sweets at all so here's hoping 

Have you read skinny jeans? Someone in another thread posted about it, I downloaded it, it's about vsg surgery it's a good read and has some helpful hints in it.

Hi Sue' date='

I'm not sure , my surgeon has me on 3 kick start shakes plus 2 cups of veggies/salad a day.

The kick start shakes are equivalent to opti fast only they actually taste really yummy :)

So ur surgery is the 8th, that's great we can help each other a long if you like? We are both getting close now! Are you excited or nervous? How are you going on pre op diet have you lost anything yet? I've been on it for 3 days and I'm down a kilo, strangely I'm not hungry or craving chocolate at all, which is a blessing as I am used to eating a family block a night, how bad is that ... I just couldn't get enough of it. I've heard people say after surgery they don't crave sweets at all so here's hoping 

Have you read skinny jeans? Someone in another thread posted about it, I downloaded it, it's about vsg surgery it's a good read and has some helpful hints in it.

[/quote']

Hi there, I was replying and then had a blank screen & flat battery.

I'd love to be sleeve buddies if that's ok with you? Where abouts do you live, doesn't really matter as we can talk via web but its good to know.

I'm not sure if I've lost weight as I have no scales at home. Hopefully ill be surprised tomorrow. I'm going ok, had a larger serve of greens today as I went out for lunch. It certainly filled me up. Then I had a shake for dinner. I'm to have no fruit but snuck in a banana today after doing the house work as I thought it healthier than a snack bar.

I haven't heard of skinny jeans. What is it and what's the web address?

Keep in touch.

Cheers Sue