Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any one have a being cold issue?

I had my surgery on 12/26/12 and have also had a hard time regulating my temperature. I will be really cold and then really hot.... My husband told me that the surgery put me into early menopause. I am glad to know it is a normal response to the surgery.

One girl said it could have something to do with low iorn levels ...if u have an appointment soon have them check :) I wanna see if its true ..my next appt isn't till june for my year eval. So if someone could ask that would help :) thanks glad to help posting this.

I am cold alot also and was sleeved on Nov 30th. I thought I read something about if you were not getting enough Protein in that you may be more sensitive to cold. I will do a little more research though to very that.

Let me know if anyone else has heard that.

Stay Warm

Totally! I'm finding this winter to be difficult, and I'm almost angry at the cold. (?!) I was sleeved April 26, 2012. Started at 215.6 lbs... Hadn't been under 190 for many years... Now I'm 140 lbs. I have to put on multiple layers to feel comfortable, and I live in CA! The coldest it's been is 35 degrees, usually it's 45 but that still sucks!!

Still waiting...Surgery postponed!! Can't seem to get a reply from the insurance company ohh my gosh! I was supposed to be sleeved on Tuesday, January 15th and here I still sit on Thursday, January 17th. Since then I thought all was going to be good. During this journey I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, anxiety, arthritis, hiatal hernia and chronic gastritis besides high blood pressure and a BMI of 42... I thought, all the making of a quick approval but apparently not. I've been told by the doctor again maybe next week.. Monday they say by Thursday and now yesterday they said maybe next week ughh. Aetna Ins.

Until then I am still on my Protein Shakes doctor said that I could have a little bit of vegetables green... I was so frustrated that by the time I got off work at 5 I went to my mother's and I ate a small salad with lettuce tomatoes onions and garlic sprinkled with a vinegarette... And 1 cup of fat free chicken broth.. And 2 cup reg chicken broth . Yes I ate all of that Yesterday only.... After drinking 3 of my Protein Shake earlier that day ... Today back to Protein shake and Water and Jello. Uggh... I started all liquid diet January 2nd 2013 at 221down and since a week ago til..today...208lbs. I seem to have been at a standstill for the past week anyway. Uggh! NJ HERE.

Surgery finally happened Yesterday... They called me Monday approx. 8 hours after my previous post..saying ready to go Tuesday..January 22, 2013. Still in the hospital had to stay an 2013. day do to vomiting and excuciating pain. . I managed to get down maybe 1 oz. of Soup broth.< /p>

Being anemic all my life I have always been cold. Since surgery it got worse and I too am wearing socks, jackets, sweaters, gloves, blankets.... You get the picture? Every now and then a hotflash surfaces, then I feel like I will internally combust. LOL. God help us women.

Before surgery, I would sweat and my hair would be soaking wet if I had anything joy to drink. Now I'm cold and have to wear docks to bed and no sweating with hot coffee.< /p>

My boss was sleeved back in Nov 11 and that's the first thing she warned me about when I had the surgery. Sure enough I cannot keep my feet warm!

haha...yeah, get used to it! I had my surgery 3 years ago and I am always cold.

I wear a lot of clothes and sweaters.

I have a boot dryer I put my slippers on so when I put them on in the evening they are toasty.

I have a rice bag I heat in the microwave to warm my feet when I go to bed.

Yup...just part of the deal.

Just remember...cold hands (and feet) warm heart. :)

Totally! I'm finding this winter to be difficult' date=' and I'm almost angry at the cold. (?!) I was sleeved April 26, 2012. Started at 215.6 lbs... Hadn't been under 190 for many years... Now I'm 140 lbs. I have to put on multiple layers to feel comfortable, and I live in CA! The coldest it's been is 35 degrees, usually it's 45 but that still sucks!![/quote']

I found that once I went to 90-100 G Protein I'm not as cold. I'm from northern ca, what area in ca are you from

I found that once I went to 90-100 G Protein I'm not as cold. I'm from northern ca' date=' what area in ca are you from[/quote']

I'm from nor cal too - on the peninsula in the bay area. You? Who was your surgeon? I had Dr Cirangle in SF

I haven't tracked Protein in some time, but I believe I get 90-100+. (shake plus yogurt gets me to 60, and I usually have 26 w beef Jerky, so I'm sure whatever else I eat gets me in that range too.) It used to take pretty darn cold weather to bother me, but now it takes a cool breeze and I shiver slightly. Ugh

I'm from nor cal too - on the peninsula in the bay area. You? Who was your surgeon? I had Dr Cirangle in SF

I haven't tracked Protein in some time' date=' but I believe I get 90-100+. (shake plus yogurt gets me to 60, and I usually have 26 w beef Jerky, so I'm sure whatever else I eat gets me in that range too.) It used to take pretty darn cold weather to bother me, but now it takes a cool breeze and I shiver slightly. Ugh

[/quote']

I had dr Cirangle too, I am from Stockton. When was your surgery? Did you reach the 60 pounds in 90 days? I am really trying to get there. I was sleeved on 12/26