Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastics questions for those that had excess stomach skin/scarring

I'm 7 months out, 33 lbs from goal of half my body weight (155) . I'm looking at having plastics in early 2014 so hopefully I would have the funds & slow time at work to take off 2 weeks. Unless we get insurance at work, I'm probably going back to Mexico.

Anyways, I've had quite a few stomach surgeries: c-sections in '00 & '01, tubal in '01 during 2nd c-section, appendix & gallbladder removal 3 months apart 3 years ago, and sleeve 5/12. The top half of my stomach looks like Freddy Krueger attacked a wrinkled old lady and the bottom half, though much smoother and scar-free in appearance hangs LOW and hopefully the last of my weight comes off here. I've lost it so weird, I have lost a ton in my waist but it all seem to have dropped.

My back has some excess skin under my bra line but it seems to be disappearing and though my butt is disappearing as well I don't have skin there. My arms and thighs are still questionable.

So my main concern is my stomach. For others will a similar situation, did you have a full Tummy Tuck or a lower body lift? If you had multiple stomach scarring (besides the c-section ones, those are low) did they stretch or disappear? If you had a wrinkled top portion of your stomach, does that go smooth?

WOW! First I want to tell you that you look FABULOUS! CONGRATS on your weightloss and how quickly you have done it! Your apparent dedication is inspiring! I just had a TT but I didn't have real loose skin or scarring above the belly button. I have seen on Youtube and/or other websites some TT's that were done with excess loose skin and scarring above the belly button and although the new tummy was not perfectly smooth it still looked GREAT and the bottom line was the patients loved it and they no longer had to deal with the extra skin issues. None of us will ever have a bathing suit models belly but does it really matter? We are REAL people that have experienced real problems and issues that we have OVERCOME AND DEFEATED and have come out the other side as better people. Trust me...you will be happier with however your belly comes out looking after whatever plastic you decide on. I'm still healing from mine and really don't know what the final outcome is going to look like but I can tell you that as long as it is flatter and I don't have the loose skin issues to deal with in clothes then I will be 100% satisfied as I , like you and all the others on this blogsite, are already WINNERS! Good luck on your journey!

Thank you frumpynomore :). If I could get flat & smooth I'd be in cloud 9 but the loose skin is already driving me crazy doing the tuck in the jeans thing. Congrats on your TT, I bet that is exciting!