Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Colorado sleevers?

Hi Kay!! Dr Husain is wonderful!! Keep me posted if you need any help on your liver shrinking diet!!

Good morning Zelmo! Good to hear good things about Dr. Hussain . I have my pre surgery appointment on Tuesday. A little nervous in regards to illness and loss of hair, other than that I believe I'm ready. Thank you for your support, I ordered a case of Isopure for the liver shrinking diet.

Edited by Ms. Kay's New Life

As surgery day gets closer I would love to hear how Dr Brown and Colorado Bariatric patients are doing! I'm Beginning my pre op freak out :)

I was sleeved by Dr. Brown on 3/30/15. Dr. Brown, the anaesthesiologist, and nursing staff were wonderful. I left the hospital with minimal pain. My 2 week post op appointment is scheduled on 4/15/15. When are you scheduled?

Congrats!!! I have my one year follow up today! I have had a wonderful experience, lost 85 lbs and, zero complications and couldn't have been more pleased with my surgeon and surgery.

I am a colorado girl!!!

I live currently in colorado springs CO. 31 yrs old. I have been overweight my whole life. I lost my mom at age of 53 due to obesity factors and smoking. My mother in law is a naysayer saying i am taking the easy way out and that i don't know what im getting myself into, saying i should at least take a year to think about it. I have

PCOS and have been battling infertility for years, I am getting the Sleeve gastrectomy for my health, and to try to have kids. I am awaiting the dreaded lab results to see if my Vitamin D is high enough to be placed on the month long surgical waiting list. Would love to meet up with locals to share fears, hopes, dreams and share encouragement. Feel free to pm me if you would like

As surgery day gets closer I would love to hear how Dr Brown and Colorado Bariatric patients are doing! I'm Beginning my pre op freak out :)

I was sleeved by Dr. Brown on 3/30/15. Dr. Brown, the anaesthesiologist, and nursing staff were wonderful. I left the hospital with minimal pain. My 2 week post op appointment is scheduled on 4/15/15. When are you scheduled?
Congrats!!! I have my one year follow up today! I have had a wonderful experience, lost 85 lbs and, zero complications and couldn't have been more pleased with my surgeon and surgery.
Thanks for your response! I had just joined this site when I responded to your not realizing the date you had submitted it! Lol.

But thank you! And congrats to you too! I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well still, especially after a full year. Keep it up!

I'm in Colorado Springs and used Dr. Fedoryk and Memorial Hospital has a bariatric center of excellence that is just great. My Nut is wonderful and my surgeon and office staff were great. I'm 10 months out and over 90 pounds down and still appreciate the support I get from my team. If you are in CS and considering the surgery, I highly recommend my surgeon.

It isn't the easy way out because every day we have to discipline ourselves to exercise and eat right. Just because our stomachs are smaller, doesn't mean we couldn't be eating breads, sugars, etc. instead of healthy choices. Easy way, pffffff!

To those in Northern CO:

We have an amazing peer to peer support group supported by BariatricPal.com. I host it once a month at the Broomfied Library. Anyone who is pre op, post op or simply thinking of having surgery is invited. We have a great group of people that share their ups, downs, recipes, advice, anything goes...

Our next meeting is on May 14th at

Mamie Doud Eisenhower Public Library
3 Community Park Rd, Broomfield, Colorado 80020

If you're interested, feel also feel to friend me on FB, Fran Catalan Porter, and I'll invite you our MissionSlimpossible FB page. This is a closed support group so no one on your friends lists an see what you post or what anyone else posts. We respect each other's privacy & support one another here. I create meeting invites as reminders to everyone for ur BP meetings, and anything goes at this meeting. Again, our goal is to always support one another

That is awesome, @Domika!! I live in Broomfield and frequent the library. I will go find on FB now!

Hi! I'm out in Aurora and went to UCH/Dr Schoen and he is amazing! Sleeved 5/28 and down 25 lbs! Very happy!

I'm in Durango, Co. Surgery next month in Denver by Dr Snyder at Rose Medical Center.

Anybody else in Northern Colorado?!

I'm in Fort Collins!

Hi all! I'm Robin and I live in Aurora. I'm scheduled for the sleeve in Mexico on August 17th with Dr A Ortiz.

My HW was 311 back in February. I'm down 31 lbs since then (1 week on Atkins per my pre pre-op diet from OCC. I have Atkins until 2 weeks prior and then 2 weeks liquid diet.).

My husband and I have a son who is 10 and we breed Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. We have six sweet puppies right now and they are helping to pay for my surgery. ;-)

Haven't read any posts here yet, so I'm going to do that now.

I am in Lakewood Colorado and am having lapband to sleeve revision surgery at St Joe's on Aug 13. Very excited!

Anyone have experience with Blis Insurance for Self-pay in Colorado? Only dr I've found that has the Blis insurance option for complications is Dr Brown. I have insurance but it excludes all weight-loss surgeries And likely any complications that arise from them, so The BL I asked insurance is attractive to me in case something were to go wrong.

Also does anyone have any experience with vsg self pay price being reduced due to Insurance covering a hernia surgery?