Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

Oh yeah bread is like 2 bites and done its a waste to me to even try lol

So I have a question.... My sleeve date was 12/06/12 and I still have so much restriction.After a 5.3 ounce yogurt I'm still very full am I the only one? Whats the most you can eat? Now I find it funny I can eat wrong foods there for making it seem like the restriction is pointless but I just want to know how much most of us are getting in 16 months out. Oh and by the way I stop eating slider foods and started eating right again so not to start any new bad habits with such a small stomach.

Not at all. My surgery date is a few weeks behind yours and I have tons of restriction. We're supposed to!

I still have a lot of restriction too. Still can't really tolerate bread. If I eat too much, I can't drink anything for hours. Sometimes eating is a chore

Yup. a lot of times I don't even want to bother because I can't make/order anything small enough that I won't waste most of it. SO I might grab a cheese stick or a piece of meat or something to stave off hunger, otherwise I get lightheaded. But yes. SOmetimes eating is a total chore.

YES i know remember im undercover here but we are friends on youtube and i watch your videos and you watch mines wink...

So I have a question.... My sleeve date was 12/06/12 and I still have so much restriction.After a 5.3 ounce yogurt I'm still very full am I the only one? Whats the most you can eat? Now I find it funny I can eat wrong foods there for making it seem like the restriction is pointless but I just want to know how much most of us are getting in 16 months out. Oh and by the way I stop eating slider foods and started eating right again so not to start any new bad habits with such a small stomach.

Not at all. My surgery date is a few weeks behind yours and I have tons of restriction. We're supposed to!

You guys that have so much restriction are lucky. I have restriction, but nearly as much! I can easily eat a cup at a time. I still follow the rules, I do try to not eat that much at once. I agree, it's harder now, for sure. I haven't lost anything in about 3 months. I do pretty good through the week eating less than 1200 calories, but then on the weekends my calories creep up to around 1500-2000, which seems to have put me into maintenance. It's working for me, but I would really like to lose the last few pounds....so I need to dig deep and find the motivation!

As time goes on, our capacity changes. Depending on the density of the food, we CAN eat more. That's when following the rule of 2 to 4 oz of Protein per meal is important. Eating often is important, as is getting in that filling Fiber and good fats. You may have more capacity but think back to how much you used to eat. You'll never eat like that again!

As time goes on, our capacity changes. Depending on the density of the food, we CAN eat more. That's when following the rule of 2 to 4 oz of Protein per meal is important. Eating often is important, as is getting in that filling fiber and good fats. You may have more capacity but think back to how much you used to eat. You'll never eat like that again!

Curvy jones how is the weight gain for some after sleeve and bypass explained? I'm only 4.5 months out and still battling gastritis and inflammation so my restrictions are more than most and my diet is 98% full liquid but I hear stories of ppl gaining 30 40 50 even 100+ After several years post op

As time goes on, our capacity changes. Depending on the density of the food, we CAN eat more. That's when following the rule of 2 to 4 oz of Protein per meal is important. Eating often is important, as is getting in that filling fiber and good fats. You may have more capacity but think back to how much you used to eat. You'll never eat like that again!

Curvy jones how is the weight gain for some after sleeve and bypass explained? I'm only 4.5 months out and still battling gastritis and inflammation so my restrictions are more than most and my diet is 98% full liquid but I hear stories of ppl gaining 30 40 50 even 100+ After several years post op

Weight gain is explained by eating around your sleeve, usually. You can eat the wrong things that are slider foods, high in calories, and you can eat more often. It would be super easy to eat over 3000 calories a day if you did that. What I've found now is that I have to watch every calorie. I do follow the rules for the most part, but a little indiscretion at this point is a big deal. When you are at or close to goal, you don't have much wiggle room. A few extra calories every day really can pack on the pounds.

Weight gain is explained by eating around your sleeve, usually. You can eat the wrong things that are slider foods, high in calories, and you can eat more often. It would be super easy to eat over 3000 calories a day if you did that. What I've found now is that I have to watch every calorie. I do follow the rules for the most part, but a little indiscretion at this point is a big deal. When you are at or close to goal, you don't have much wiggle room. A few extra calories every day really can pack on the pounds.

Thanks @Michigan!! so I guess it's the creamy drinks and ice cream that can get through easy overtime? Plus little to no fitness -- even when I was tolerating solids post op back in January my portions were so itty bitty I could ever get my minimum Protein in without 2-3 shakes per day. Took me 45 minutes to an hour to eat 1 boiled or scrambled egg

@@sandisleeve yes, you can also drink yourself to obesity, too! You'll probably find over time that your stomach will relax some, maybe stretch a little, and you can eat normal portions. In the beginning I couldn't eat an egg either. Now I can hold more than I wish I could some days! So that's why I always have to weigh and measure and count - otherwise I'd be back to where I started.

Yes I agree. Slider foods, an increase in carbs (even too many good carbs like oatmeal), not burning what we eat. Our bodies eventually adjust to how small we can eat and so our processes adjust as well. We are no longer losing simply because we don't eat a lot.

And I know I am not alone when I say I can eat, wait 45 minutes and then eat some more.... Portion Control and keeping myself full with Proteins and good fats and working out have always been my struggles.

1. Okay so today I sat and thought about something weight loss wise.. I remember when I first got out and could not eat a thing everything was small and weight flew off.. Now we have a little more room to play with and we learn after being a year and a half out that we can play hard! Its still all about choices. I'm guilty of pushing my sleeve past its comfort zone.. "when you begin to feel full stop" Yeah I dont ever stop anymore. I keep going sometimes until Im in pain.. But wait.. Am I happy? No I still want to loose a few more pounds so why do I continue to push food in when I feel full? I still dont get hungry mind you.. I have to remind myself to eat or set a schedule for eating times so I wont starve. Why do I allow myself this discomfort? Anyone guilty of the do not's? of sleeve eating? Now let me say I dont gain weight but I dont loose weight either so i kept the weigh toff since my first, second and third goal was set i keep failing at this final goal but point is.... is anyone else guilty of the sleeve sins i have committed?

I think we are all a little guilty at this point .. For me at times but it is only when we go to the Mexican will I eat and drink at the same time .

@@UndercoverBariatricGal First, thanks for digging up this old thread. Second, yes, I am guilty of "sleeve sins" as you call them. Funny term, lol! I sure try not to, though. I think it's maintenance. We have to learn how to live a normal life and maintain our weight. I can't, and don't want to be on a super restricted diet my whole life. Don't get me wrong - I know that I have to watch what I eat everyday, and I have to stay in control, but sometimes I want to let loose a little. I have been experimenting with that, and trying to find that balance. If I go overboard on the weekends (seems to be the pattern) I really try to dial it back through the week.

So, yeah, once in a while I eat when I'm full. I really don't want to do it, because I do think you can stretch your sleeve to some extent. I still don't drink with meals. I do have carbs sometimes, mostly on weekends. But for the most part, I try to continue to stay the course and make it a permanent life style change. I think it is evolving over time. For me, I can never let go of the fear of losing total control and regain - I know the minute I let my guard down is the day I'm doomed. Even when I don't follow the rules, I track every calorie I eat. I force myself to face it, otherwise I know I won't really know what's happening. For me, tracking is the one rule of success.