Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

Sleeved 12/28 doctors appointment today down 14 pounds so far. I'm ready to start jog/run, as of tomorrow. I do need to get more Protein intake so I started adding it in smoothies with my other Vitamins

Checking back in. Surgery day weight (12/13) 367, today 345. Down 22 since surgery, down 51 overall. I had been in a stall at 347 for all of 2013 but looks like it broke overnight as I lost 2 more finally. I am eating soft foods now. Tilapia loin was delicious and all protein! Deli meats and cheeses are so good after eating liquid and purée for the last month.

Sleeved 12/17/12 weighed in at 267 as of today 242 but ive stalled:((( how do you break a stall?

This exact thing has happened to me. I was averaging about 400-500 then upped to 600-800 and have stalled. I really did not want to have to eat only 500 calories a day to lose weight. Hopefully it's just temporary....

It's really frustrating! I know we will keep losing...eventually lol. Hopefully the stall only lasts a week :) have you been exercising at all?

Sleeved 12/17/12 weighed in at 267 as of today 242 but ive stalled:((( how do you break a stall?

My understanding is this is so common at this stage and patience is the only cure that consistently works. Don't let that stop you from trying to shake things up with more exercise or eating a little differently. Make sure your fluids and Protein intake are adequate is advice I read often regarding the dreaded week 3 stall. I understood it happens to many (most?) but I still questioned everyday if I was doing something wrong or wondered if I was broken. I am now optimistic that I broke through but I'm worried the 2 pound loss today is a statistical anomaly from not eating or drinking enough yesterday, etc. I'm trying hard to keep my head on straight and wait it out.

Thanks! I didnt know that it makes me feel better!! But i hope it goes away! I cant always get my Protein in but ive been tryin!

12/19. Went back for my follow up, Dr. Said I've lost a little more than normal at this time. I feel it's because I am a little bigger. Down 36

Wow reading all the post I feel so much better now I thought I was the only one i see now I am not yesterday i went back on fluids thinking i needed to trick my body I will be going back on food as of tomorrow since i see the stall is normal.. Uggg tomorrow makes 5 weeks post op and i been back and 4th between 230-231 until i went back on fluids and went from walking to running.. I will return to my food intake tomorrow since i see now that this stall is normal.. My food intake is between 600-824 a day mostly fish! Its not just me.. its our bodies readjusting from having such rapid weight loss.. So I hear.. lol Good luck everyone!

12/28 down 33 pounds ince surgery... 55 total... and yes.. im a stall too... im hoping it breaks tomorow. i also upped my calories to the 600 range and the loosing stopped.

12/5 sugery date. Lost 11.5 so far...

I'm 12/5, too. Lost 10 the 1st wk, 5 the 2nd, then nothing till today, down another 1.4. Hooray! Don't get discouraged!

The nasty "s" word has hit me, but I'm staying optimistic yep yep yep!

Yep -me too!

I just jumped down off of a stall (s word!) and lost 3 pounds in one day - I am starting to believe that the body just does what it wants to, when it wants to, and you just have to look at the long run!

Surgery was 12/21 and down 28 pounds. Some days it doesn't move, some it drops considerably. Never hungry, but never ever know what to do at 930 pm when my brain wants to eat. Trying not to compare weight losses, but 28 pounds in under 3 weeks - is that normal?