Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found some Protein drinks at Walmart that some of u might be interested in.

I think they were 1.88 a piece

I've only tried the purple one and it not the most fabulous smoothie ever. But it's tolerable and seeing how my stomach is very sensitive thats important.

It contains 30 grams of Protein a bottle so thought I should share.

post-46081-13813661637799_thumb.jpg

May I ask how much sugar does it have?

Ok they vary and I'm new to this..

Never been one to look at labels.

The front says no sugar added

Ok then I go to nutrition facts on back

Sugars 28g

That bad?

I try to stay under 6g of sugar per serving. If it is the only sugary thing you have all day, it isn't so bad, but it can be a problem if you make them a regular part of your diet.

That is a lot of sugar for post op!

LOL it depends what bad is okay if is 1 serving then for me has to be less then 15 grams. The goal after the surgery is to keep the sugar low.

Yes high protien and less sugar

I have a lot to learn....

My diets in the past were one meal a day and hrs and hrs of exercise. Always worked.

Now I'm 32, w a 5 yr old and a full time job.

Hours of exercise just isnt realistic anymore.

Time to learn nutrition do's and don'ts

Dont worry we are here to help each other

The Protein drinkd are hard...low sugar/carb/calories and high protein. I haven't found many...thankfully my docs office sells some good ones! :-)

My NUT said to look at the nutrition facts and ingredients. If it has more than 2 grams of sugar but is NOT one of the first five listed ingredients then it's naturally occurring sugar, therefore okay. But like BBQ Sauce for example, first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup..immediate no no. Because its added sugar. But dole 100% juice fruit cup doesn't list sugar in the first 5 ingredients so it's okay. Does that make sense? And of course watch the sugar consumption, but natural sugars in fruits/veggies is better than extra added sugar to things.

My Wal-Mart has the New Whey Protein Shots with 42g Protein 0 sugar for a good price. I bought a 6-pack for about $10 to stock up since my surgery is coming up pretty soon. I had one before and they're not bad, but I think I'm going to break them up into 2 servings because I was told the body can only really process 30g at a time.

Those shots are no good for post sleeve. We need 100% whey Protein. Collegen protein and soy protein aren't good sources.

Those are not really good. If your going to look at Walmart look in the dietary supplements section. That is where you would find more appropriate Protein.< /p>