Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one considering the DS? Or actually had it?

Just wondering if anyone is considering this. I was originally Happy at my goal weight of 170.I am 17 months post-op. i am happy still i guess, just wondering what it would be like to be 130lbs. i have stayed between 170-175 for the last 9 months now. My BMI is 28-29. I don't know if I'm considering it or not. Just wondering if anyone has anything to say.

I'd be shocked if any surgeon worth their salt did a DS for 40 pounds.

Are you considering it there Fishy my friend?

What is a DS?

I started out with the same exact stats you started out with, sleeveofsteel. When I was being seen at mayo and the doctors were telling me about the different surgeries, they said they wouldn't even consider doing DS on someone with my BMI. It'd have to be quite a lot bigger.

I think if a revision is needed, they prefer it be to Rny, unfortunately. I don't know though, I suppose you'd have to talk it over with your surgeon and see if they have any insight.

What is a DS?

The DS is an optional 2nd phase to lose more weight post sleeve. Google Duodenal Switch.....

I think I would ask my doc about it if I was in your shoes it's not just a Short-term thing it's something we have to live with and on the thought of the long run something I'd think about :) to get the rest off and to keep it off :) with it being the 2nd part of the Surgery most Docs would do it I know mine would here in Ohio

P.s my typing sucks on this phone be kind lmao

Thanks for the input!

Sleeve of Steel, I've read some of your prior posts where you talk about eating higher calories to stay curvy. I think you can make your sleeve still work for you by reducing calories and carbs. Have you tried the famous Lil Miss Diva's boot camp? That might jump start your losing again. Good luck.

Nope. I plan to lose it all with the sleeve.

I love how people that haven't been sleeved think they know what it is like post-op. Fishy, you run your mouth and you never have anything positive to say. You are the Danny-downer to this site. Didn't your parents teach you the golden rule? If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all....

To the op, you've told us that you don't follow a very strict diet. I think changing that, or even going back to the basics (maybe look up that boot camp, wherever that is) first for a whole would be your best bet. You'll have to be even more strict with the ds if I'm remembering correctly.

Why are you considering a ds when you already have the fantastic tool that is the sleeve!? You can probably do this fairly easily by just getting a bit more strict.

When I was researching my options I had thought very hard about the sleeve or DS. Ultimately I decided to go with sleeve. I did talk to my surgeon and he assured me that I could later proceed to the DS if I didn't lose all the weight with my sleeve. I'm happy with my choice- I don't think I would be happy with all the additional supplements needed for DS patients however.

All you ladies are totally right. I am just scared of trying and failing and wanted a back up plan. I honestly have maintained with ease and if I count/ measure/ pay attention I know I can do this! Thanks for your responses