Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Middle eastern sleevsters

I'm not middle eastern myself, but I am married to a Jordanian.

Are you living in Jordan? :)

Palestinian and Jordanian!

Yay! Are you in the States? Have you had surgery yet?

Petra, if only the app let us share a hagar sheesha (kiddi g of course) and some hot shay bi leban, we would have our own cafe. I do t think im doing ramadan this year by fasting, i will just feed people at the mosque for a few nights of iftar.

Petra, if only the app let us share a hagar sheesha (kiddi g of course) and some hot shay bi leban, we would have our own cafe. I do t think im doing ramadan this year by fasting, i will just feed people at the mosque for a few nights of iftar.

Ahhh, sheesha & shay... ahhh. There's a terrific Turkish restaurant just near my home and I can never, ever get used to them calling it hooka.

I just read a post on google that recommended not fasting during the first Ramadan post surgery. Feeding people at the mosque is a lovely idea.

Have you ever experienced a Ramadan on Egypt? I LOVE it. Everything is so festive with all the fanooses hanging everywhere. Really beautiful!

I live in TX & yes I had my surgery on 9.20.12:-)

Im in mew jersey near philadelphia :-)

About the month of Ramadan....I asked my surgeon. He said within the first year it is difficult. Forbidden, if within the first 6-8 months. Since Shahr Ramadan is in the summer now, the big worry is dehydration. I am certainly going to try this coming year, I will be about 10 months out.

Petra I liked your comment about Egypt during the month of Ramadan. I've lived in Lebanon for 15 years and honestly, I prefer Michigan for fasting and Ashoura (I'm Shi'ite). Now that Ramadan is in the summer though, we have people over and BBQ outside. Our Beirut friends love getting away from the heat and coming south to cool down ;)

I crack up every time I hear the word ******. We say "argeeleh" here in Lebanon. It is an epidemic here. So sad to see small children smoking. I started this past summer, realized that I have an addictive personality, so I quit. I really enjoyed it while it lasted lol. I have two friends that have to have it every evening to wind down.

Thanks for starting this thread!!!

hello all!!

I am lebanese but lived most of my life in toledo, ohio. I got married this last summer in lebanon and am currently living there until my husband can go to america with me. Oh i hate beirut! I have done everything that is enjoyable and now everything is a repetition. I am so ready to go back to america and start my life which is now on hold because there is nothing to do here. I do enjoy Argileh a lot though... it is crazy how everywhere i go we smoke hooka. I personally am addicted. Am only 20 and had my surgry here in lebanon because i want a slim body by next summer :)

Loving this thread and i loved reading all ur posts and thought id post also :) GOood luck everyone

2606.gif

I haven't had the surgery yet, I'm Lebanese but I was born and raised in Australia and can't speak much Arabic thanks for bringing the Ramadan (fasting) issue up, I have my first consultation on feb 8th so I'm preparing questions to ask my surgeon IA all goes well.

We are all going to be hot mozas when we get to goal, and i cant wait to rub it in my ex husbands face :D

Hi everyone. Just loved reading this thread. I am Australian living in Jeddah and was sleeved two weeks ago today here in Jeddah. I am feeling fantastic and have not had a problem. I have lost 7kg and a total of 29cm off my body so far and am very happy. Still in liquids for another two weeks and will be glad to go onto the next stage. The doctor here in Jeddah is doing about 6 sleeves a day is my understanding. So inshallah all keeps going well.

Yaaay i loved this thread too

Good luck to all of us sleevers

And prayers for speedy recovery for who ever is doing it

I have mine on the 9th of December

Iam Lebaneese but i lived all my life in Kuwait

I started at 114kgs and now 105kgs

And will keep u posted with updates

pls u do too

hey MrsSaso, who did your surgery here in Lebanon?

where do you live in Lebanon? I live in Nabatiyeh.....I lived 9 years in the Dahiyah and am so glad to be out of there!

Am saudi, living in boston got sleeved 12/17 and am feeling miserable! ! I almost regret my decision everyday! When will i feel better????

Am saudi' date=' living in boston got sleeved 12/17 and am feeling miserable! ! I almost regret my decision everyday! When will i feel better????[/quote']

Hi love, in about ten days. You will be better when you are off liquids. Each day gets better and the results will motivate