Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whay i haven't lose any weight in 7 months post-op! why, why? any one out there?

I'm wondering if you are not eating enough. Maybe your body is in starvation mode and is hanging on to everything you eat? How many grams of Protein a day and how many calories a day are you taking in? How much exercise? Try keeping a food journal that shows your protein' date=' calories and fat. Sometimes that can really help to see where changes need to be made. Hope it IS something that simple and that you won't need additional surgery. Good luck :)[/quote']

i have no idea whats going on with my body, my doctor does not have an answer!! and i dont understand neigther!!! very confused!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

PS...if you have a smart phone' date=' get the "my fitness pal" app. It makes keeping a food journal easy ;)[/quote']

i do have that app but i need to be honest, sometime i forget to do the inputss

I'm confused. If you are already eating the smaller amounts/low calories/high Protein then how is a revision of the sleeve going to help?

i already have the revision to the sleeve; but i am not losing weight. i am not a big person. date of surgery i was 170lbs and as of today 156lbs but it been almost 7 months since surgery. i should be al goal right now but thats not the case!!!

she started off at 160??? they do sleeves for people that small

yes!!! if you have health issues some insurance company will paid, that was my case but i am a short person "4'11"

I guess the doc checked your thyroid? Just a thought... I started eating more and came out of a stall at three months and have been losing pretty steadily...

I was sleeved in Tj. and the girl ahead of me in surgery only weighed 165lbs...But she was very short and looked to weigh more...

that is my case, i am 4'11 and right now i weght 156. had the sleeve done in may 2012 but no weight lost. i am thinking to have done the DS in Mexico next year.. there is one particular doctor that will do it; Dr. alejandro lopez in TJ but he is charging me 8500. i do not know much about that surgery and i am alittle scare..

If you are self pay & are willing to travel' date=' you can find a Dr. that will perform tge procedure regardless of BMI.

[/quote']

none of the doctor you mentioned do the DS.. i already called and was advised that they dont..

I guess the doc checked your thyroid? Just a thought... I started eating more and came out of a stall at three months and have been losing pretty steadily...

that's a good idea, i am going to ask my doctor, i really dont want to go under surgery one more time but i am sick of been fat????

This is definitely tough but you can do this! You gotta work your sleeve. First, if you are not doing this already, start tracking your exercize and food on Myfitnesspal. It's free and easy to do. Second, how often are you eating? Do you notice you lose weight easier when you eat more small, frequent meals or ones that are farther apart? Try doing both, a week at a time, and track the results. Third, are you getting your Protein in? At least 60g if not more, especially if you are active! Fourth, are you working out? Your metabolism may be stalling and you may need a boost! I would do all of these things for a month, and if there is no change, then take your MFP diet and results to your doctor and have them refer you to a dietician and/or do further bloodwork or ultrasounds.

Good luck!

that's a good idea' date=' i am going to ask my doctor, i really dont want to go under surgery one more time but i am sick of been fatdde14

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I second this idea. Get your thyroid checked first. Thyroid issues can cause you to not lose no matter what you do.

This is definitely tough but you can do this! You gotta work your sleeve. First' date=' if you are not doing this already, start tracking your exercize and food on Myfitnesspal. It's free and easy to do. Second, how often are you eating? Do you notice you lose weight easier when you eat more small, frequent meals or ones that are farther apart? Try doing both, a week at a time, and track the results. Third, are you getting your Protein in? At least 60g if not more, especially if you are active! Fourth, are you working out? Your metabolism may be stalling and you may need a boost! I would do all of these things for a month, and if there is no change, then take your MFP diet and results to your doctor and have them refer you to a dietician and/or do further bloodwork or ultrasounds.

Good luck![/quote']

thank you so much for that advice. I am going to try that and see what happen. i realy dont want to go under surgery one more time but sometime i look myself in the mirrow and then i do thing that i will go under another surgery!!! jeses help me!!! i realy dont know what to do!!

I heard of a women getting resleeved on here cus hers was too big to begin with that's a thought

I need help i have only lost 10 pounds in 7 months with the VGS... i am stuck and dont know that to do.. anyone out there with the same issues??? please help' date=' going crazy.. spoke to my doctor and no answer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

As they say calories in and exersize says it all. Did you try to count every little thing that goes into your mouth and the estimate how many calories you burn and see where you are then. Are you going to the gym, counting calories ?

I am sorry your having such trouble. It must be frustrating. Good luck to you. I can't believe your doctor doesn't have some input on this. What a terrible thing to have to go through and have no results.

Dr Ponce de leon will do a resleeve if it is beneficial.

I'm not sure if it didn't work the first time what are the chances it will work a second time. I would be afraid to have them cut on my stomach again.