Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm still trying to decide if this is right for me. I think it is, but would like to hear from anyone that have regretted getting it done.

Thanks so much

Everyone is different, and everyone's expectations are different. I went in to it knowing that I was not and I say again NOT going to wake up from surgery skinny! I did go into it with the knowledge that if i worked with this tool, I could get my life back. The one where i can walk and garden etc etc etc.... After 8 months, I can honestly say i would do it again in a heartbeat. I am having a great time! I am slowing down a bit now but I need to focus a bit more and hopefully get moving again.

I had my surgery on August 30t, 2006 and I would do it again but just remember it is only a tool. I am very much into food with cooking and baking, and this is a struggle. I am still adjusting to the band, and trying to figure out hunger from desire for food. I hope to come to terms with this concept, but I would do it again. Good luck to you.

Depends on the day. Most days, yes, I regret it.

I hate not knowing if things will go down. I hate that the wrong foods go down too easy. I hate that I take the easy way out most days to avoid pain. I hate not being able to eat Breakfast because I am too tight, hate being on liquids after a fill.

I was one of those "oh poor people going thru that, but it won't happen to me" people. And guess what... I have first bite syndrome, tight in the morning syndrome, tired of not knowing what to do syndrome, and tired of eating what I can eat syndrome. (As I sit here eating my mushed Oriental tofu for dinner.)

Then again, the scale would not budge before and I am losing now. Slowly, but losing.

I would also hate to die at 33 from a heart attack, would hate not being able to play with my kid, or walk the mall.

You have to remember the band will work, even if you don't want it to. And my band does its job well.

I regret not being able to correct my own behavior before and now, and if I knew then what I know now... I would not have gotten the band. But then again it was for my "own good".

I had my band last September. 4 months to the day later I found out that I was one in thousands to have a leak in my band. So with out a fill I lost over 40 pounds.

I had to have the whole surgery done again. It was no picinic doing it twice.

If I had to do it again for a 3rd time I wouldn't think twice. I struggle with head issues and I am learning to eat very slow, but after 13 months I have lost 76 pounds and many sizes. I love my band!!!

OMG,

I would do it again in a heartbeat. I just wished when my grandmother mentioned it to me 2 years ago that I would have had it done then.

I really appreciate the honesty. I know most people on this site are all for the band, but the few that aren't sure really help.

It seems that everywhere I turn, people that had problems would still do it again.

I'm still pretty new to my band, but no regrets yet.

I did have some moments as I've realized what I did is always there. The band doesn't go away when you want a big night out and want to eat. OR when you are just craving a food you know is bad for you. Yeah, that's the point, and it's what I knew I was signing up for, but the reality is sinking in now.

So, while I don't regret a thing, it's not all moonlight and roses. If that makes any sense.

I am curious if you had to self pay for the 2nd surgery? Did insurance cover it or the band company? Thanks

I had my band last September. 4 months to the day later I found out that I was one in thousands to have a leak in my band. So with out a fill I lost over 40 pounds.

I had to have the whole surgery done again. It was no picinic doing it twice.

If I had to do it again for a 3rd time I wouldn't think twice. I struggle with head issues and I am learning to eat very slow, but after 13 months I have lost 76 pounds and many sizes. I love my band!!!

I haven't visited the site in a while so am not sure how old this thread is but I would like to throw my 2 cents worth in anyway. I was banded January 2006 and have lost 60 pounds. I was doing great and loosing steadily until about 3 months ago. Then things slowed down. So I went in for my second fill 4 weeks ago. They put in a full 1 cc of Fluid and had me try to swallow and nothing would go down. They backed off a little and still I had issues. So in the end I had .6 put in my band. I went home and thought everything would be fine. Ended up irritating my esophagus and stoma so went two weeks without being able to eat anything. I'm finally at the point where I can eat about 1/4 of a banana, 1/4 cup of steamed vegetables and about 2 bites of meat (not at the same time). I'm not hungry and I am loosing again (8 pounds in 4 weeks). I LOVE food, watch the food channel obesessively and love to cook. I now live vicarously through others by cooking for them. I have to say that at times I wish I could just eat 'normally' (which for me means very large amounts of high fat/calorie foods). But the old weight watchers motto of "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" has proven true for me. I would do it again in a heart beat dispite everything.

I regret wasting an entire year not dedicating myself to the right choices with my band! But I am on track now...that's what is so great about the band it's ready when you are!

My insurance paid for the second surgery. At least the hospital portion. I don't know if they have paid the Dr yet and I'm not sure if they will, I leave that for them to handle.

Good luck.

struggling now to get under 200 but no regrets. I have to learn to follow the rules. DONT DRINK AND EAT!

Leave alchohol alone. Taken care of this one but not the other...