Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all. Had my op on 12/12. So today is day 3. Feeling absolutely terrible. Little depressed. Haven't been able to drink much because I'm finding it hard to understand what my body is telling me. I've been trying to keep up the Water but and don't think I'm drink enough. Craving real food. Have had to stop watching tv cos the ads are making it harder. Can someone please tell me this is normal. I'm not sure what's happening and would love some advice:-)

I think what you are feeling is normal reaction you just had major surgery.. Getting Water in the first couple of days is not easy. But it will get easier every day I went through so many emotions that first week. It was harder than I thought it was going to be! And yes I went through wanting real food! The first day I could have puréed chicken was the best, which is funny because pre surgery I was like I am not eating ground up watery meat ;)

I did better with warm fluids. Can u have Jello? It's filling at least. Stay strong!

Thanks. I feel like I'm suffering this on my own. None of my family seem to understand how I'm feeling. Feels good to know I'm not the only one. How long before things start to get easier? Cos right now everything seems impossible :-(

I'm four weeks out and about the three week mark I felt physically better. food is interesting in the sense that I still want it but its my head that wants it not my stomach so much. So it is really important to try to change your relationship with food. It's hard because I needed comforting and food to me is comforting.

I'm a big comfort eater. The last few days has been so hard. Cos im feeling so depressed. All I want to do is eat. And I can't:-( I'm hoping it'll all get better. So glad to have people to talk to :-) thanks guys

It will get better :) especially when your clothes start looking ridiculously big on you !! It makes it all worth it ;)

I was sleeved on 12-11 and you're definitely not alone! Today was pretty depressing for me for some reason too, I was emotional and my husband wasn't very helpful or understanding either. Thankfully I don't have any desire to eat though...I still feel to icky for that! lol

It's normal, but that doesn't make things easier for you. Just try to take things one day at a time. Soon it will be a distant memory and your life will become amazing.

Two suggestions for now: stop watching TV. Or if you have a DVR, record shows and zap thru the commercials. Those were killer for me to watch after post-op!!!

And really try to keep up your fluids. Play around w many diff tastes and temperatures. I ended up being able to handle lukewarm chicken bullion. I drank lots of it, something I always disliked pre-op. it is really, REALLY important to keep your fluids up.

One more thing: as your body releases fat cells, hormones that have been stuck in your body will also be released. So don't be surprised if your emotions are all over the place. For me, it was like i had major PMS for an entire month. And oftentimes your skin will break out with crazy pimples. It will pass, but it's hard to deal with when it's happening.

Gentle hugs.....things will get better.

It's normal' date=' but that doesn't make things easier for you. Just try to take things one day at a time. Soon it will be a distant memory and your life will become amazing.

Two suggestions for now: stop watching TV. Or if you have a DVR, record shows and zap thru the commercials. Those were killer for me to watch after post-op!!!

And really try to keep up your fluids. Play around w many diff tastes and temperatures. I ended up being able to handle lukewarm chicken bullion. I drank lots of it, something I always disliked pre-op. it is really, REALLY important to keep your fluids up.

One more thing: as your body releases fat cells, hormones that have been stuck in your body will also be released. So don't be surprised if your emotions are all over the place. For me, it was like i had major PMS for an entire month. And oftentimes your skin will break out with crazy pimples. It will pass, but it's hard to deal with when it's happening.

Gentle hugs.....things will get better.[/quote']

:-) thank you so much.

After everyone's comments I'm feeling much better. I've managed to keep warm tea down. Thank gosh. And a whole 100mls, maybe more:-) excited that I don't feel sick.