Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use Bailey Bariatrics in Owasso Oklahoma?

Good luck Nurselaura! Do your research and find the one that is right for you. How soon are you planning to go to Mexico? I would have gone to Mexico if my insurance had denied me. Let us know how things go!!

I met a couple times with Dr. Kirk, but my insurance ended up denying me. So, last week I traveled south and had my surgery with Dr Garcia in Mexico. So far so good

Ozlifter, that's great. Glad you are doing well. Nurselaura, that day will be here before you know it.... :rolleyes:

We'll I had my surgery Wednesday! Felt pretty miserable Wednesday and Thursday. That hospital bed killed my back!! So I'm feeling much better today after sleeping in my own bed.

The top of my stomach hurt pretty bad, but Dr. Varnell said that was probably from my hiatal hernia he fixed, he said it was pretty bad. I was popping 3-5 tums a day on that liquid diet and haven't had any acid reflux since! So fingers crossed it was all caused from that hernia.

How's everybody else doing??

Mollie, so glad that everything went well. Hang in there. It will get better. Are you able to drink much? I had a really hard time with that for some reason. Just take it easy. It's going to be rainy, so lay around and watch movies and start healing. I am 5 weeks out now and still have trouble getting in everything I'm supposed to. Keep us posted on your progress..............

It was hard getting my liquids in the past 2 days...i was so scared I was going to overdue it and get sick. I've been sipping here and there, but probably still not enough. I really need to just make myself do it and I guess I'll have to figure out when its too much.

Glad you are doing well!

Hi everyone!!!

I am SOOO excited to have found your posts. It looks like I was on the same timeline as most of you with the pre op requirements but I have opted to have my surgery in May due to my school schedule. I am so excited and very relieved to have read the posts here and see that everyone had a good experience. I am super nervous. I initially wanted to do the bypass with dr. Katsis as I know of several people who have had great sucess with him. After my initial appointment and learning more about the sleeve I have decided to use Dr. Varnell and get the VSG. I did my EGD yesterday and it went very well.

Welcome Jenn. Glad you are here. You don't have anything to be nervous about. They will take very good care of you. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. I am 5 weeks out now and doing great.....We are all here to help. So, if you ever have a question just ask..... :rolleyes:

It was hard getting my liquids in the past 2 days...i was so scared I was going to overdue it and get sick. I've been sipping here and there' date=' but probably still not enough. I really need to just make myself do it and I guess I'll have to figure out when its too much.

Glad you are doing well![/quote']

So happy that you had your surgery. Take it slow the drinking will come with time. The first few days it didn't take long to get full

So happy that you had your surgery. Take it slow the drinking will come with time. The first few days it didn't take long to get full

I saw your response on my email but couldn't get my sign in to work! So I've been taking it pretty easy. : ) actually went to Arkansas Friday afternoon and then to Branson Saturday afternoon. Haven't taken any pain pills since Thursday. Haven't really been in any pain for them. Just occasionally that one spot they pulled my stomach out of hurts but not enough to take something for it. I kept my pillow between my stomach and the seatbelt for bumps. And my hubby has been helping me out a lot so I don't have to bend over or anything. I'm trying to drink often, but I'm glad you said that because I'm sure it's not enough. I'm just so scared of overdoing it and then being miserable because I drank too much! I haven't been extremely tired like I figured I would be. How long till those loud gas sounds stop?? they are pretty annoying! lol Still can't believe I traveled like that 2 days after surgery, but we had had those plans for months and my surgery just kept getting pushed back. : /

I saw your response on my email but couldn't get my sign in to work! So I've been taking it pretty easy. : ) actually went to Arkansas Friday afternoon and then to Branson Saturday afternoon. Haven't taken any pain pills since Thursday. Haven't really been in any pain for them. Just occasionally that one spot they pulled my stomach out of hurts but not enough to take something for it. I kept my pillow between my stomach and the seatbelt for bumps. And my hubby has been helping me out a lot so I don't have to bend over or anything. I'm trying to drink often' date=' but I'm glad you said that because I'm sure it's not enough. I'm just so scared of overdoing it and then being miserable because I drank too much! I haven't been extremely tired like I figured I would be. How long till those loud gas sounds stop?? they are pretty annoying! lol Still can't believe I traveled like that 2 days after surgery, but we had had those plans for months and my surgery just kept getting pushed back. : /[/quote']

Gas bubbles will go away soon. And I don't blame you for keeping your travel plans. Do what you can and when u get tires stop and rest. My incision where my stomach came out hurt for a couple of weeks but more annoying than anything. Keep up the good work. Find the ricotta bake recipe on here and ground a couple of turkey meatballs with it... Makes soft stage a lot easier... And drink Miralax daily... That has saved me and makes things work more normally

Gas bubbles will go away soon. And I don't blame you for keeping your travel plans. Do what you can and when u get tires stop and rest. My incision where my stomach came out hurt for a couple of weeks but more annoying than anything. Keep up the good work. Find the ricotta bake recipe on here and ground a couple of turkey meatballs with it... Makes soft stage a lot easier... And drink miralax daily... That has saved me and makes things work more normally

That sounds yummy! Thanks for the tips! : )

Hey! I found this thread while searching for the sleeve surgery at Bailey. I read through it and love the personal feel of it. I registered for the support group on May 6 and have my initial appt with Dr. Kirk on May 8. I'm anxious to get this going! I've been waiting to be hired on full time and for my insurance to kick in. Both have happened and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! My mom used Dr. Katsis for her complete bypass a little over 2 years ago. Who do you recommend for the sleeve?

Dr. Katsis did my sleeve. He has been great. I would highly recommend him. Dr Varnell comes highly recommended, too. Good luck!!