Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post op for December 11th

I had mine in the 11th and I'm home doing pretty good. I got so hungry today that I had potatoes really mashed in my mouth. Maybe 2 little pieces and some thin noodle Soup 2 oz for Breakfast. I also had a sugar free Popsicle for dinner I'm so full right now. But feeling really good other than that!

You are really brave im still doing liquids no soilds yet, Jello broth apple juice and chocolate milk congrats

You are really brave im still doing liquids no soilds yet' date=' Jello broth apple juice and chocolate milk congrats[/quote']

Not brave more like weak. I'm scared to death that its too soon but I can't help it. I just take tiny bites and chew them like a thousand times. It hurts sometimes so I stop. I only take 1 or 2 bites mostly potatoes and mash then that's all I can hold.

I'm sorry, please stick to it! You don't want any complications. Well at least I don't! I'm on liquid2-3wks & gosh darn it, so be it! I'm a wuss...I have phobias so I'm not trying to throw up or have feeding tubes etc. to contend with.

I was sleeved Dec. 10 and I'm am feeling a little depressed. I do not like broth or Soups at all anymore. As of right now I drink 2 Protein shakes a day and 32 oz of Water. I am feeling very weak.

I was sleeved on Dec 10 as well haven't had any pain meds....I haven't gotten in as much fluids as I'm suppose to but trying, yesterday I tried Welch's Grape juice..it'd sugar content is high but its all natural sugar none added it help with my weakness.....give it try....if you have a Newks in your area go by and get some Soup sip on that.

Had a few spasms after Surgery started to think WTH have I gotten myself to....later thar evening I was good. NO pain meds. Hard time getting my fluids in but I feel good with a little soreness.

Thanks I do not have Newks :( I go for my first appointment tomorrow and I am going to see if I can have regular cottage cheese instead of blended. Also when I get up and walk around even for a little bit I can feel my heart just pounding like I am using every bit of energy possible to walk. Also having a hard time watching my family shove their face with pizza, Pasta and much more. My family including husband was not very supportive about the surgery so they want nothing more than to see me fail or have a breakdown.

I was also sleeved 12/11. Everything went fine and I was home the next evening. The grogginess from the anesthesia was far worse to me than the pain. Took me a few days to feel normal again. Ready for my first post op appointment. :)

Hi my name is Amanda and I had my sleeve surgery on the 10th and had a hard time in hospital keeping anything down as well took me 4 days just to manage to keep a few sips of broth down. I have had a hard time with air bubbles in my esophagus and its really painful until i force them out any suggestions other than sip slowly and take it by little increments. How soon will I be abe to digest solid food normally and when I can begin eating with my family again? This is very difficult when you've had changes that happen to your body it's very difficult that famiy doesn't understand what your actually going through. Since my surgery I have lost a total of 14 lbs. Take care hoping to har some replies on here.

I had surgery on the 13th and I was feeling really dizzy and weak yesterday I almost feel down stairs:/. I went and bought a lower sugar gatorade 20 cal per 1cup and has electrolytes...I feel much better!!!!! Hard to make supper for everyone tho, wanting to sneak in a bite..I have been able to hold strong. Hiccups quite often that hurt like heck!

Yeah I felt pretty weak today then I took some advice and drank some juice and it helped. I am so afraid to eat I wouldn't dare take a bite of anything :) to Amanda you probably won't be able to sit down and have a regular meal with your family for a couple months at least 5 weeks, that's what my nutritionist told me cold be more or less probably differs for everyone.

I was sleeved on the 10th. Today was the first day I felt "normal". Can't wait to start soft foods on Christmas eve!!! Counting the hours. So sick of Protein Shakes. Because of the holidays I had my first appt early. Disappointed when my dr said no cardio for six months and must drink shakes between meals. YUCK. Lost 19 lbs in first 8 days. Miss my workouts, but I know my doctor knows best.

Its sounds like everyone is doing good other then pain, i myself have not had any pain or any other setbacks since day 4, im down to 315 from 361 and im already back to work as of yesterday i have no restrictions i can lift weights,do cardio, run and some other things with my wife, so all in all im doing great, please keep in touch everybody, i still have to be on the liquid diet for 3 more weeks so i so ready for some solids.

hey, that's tremendous paintball, 46 pd.s, wow. I am now 26 pd.s pre weigh in to now. Haven't been to a gym though, holly crow, what a difference that's making.Frankly I am a little intimidated to use any work out early but was told it's ok.