Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post op for December 11th

How are the december 11th sleevers doing

Mine was the 12th... Didn't think the pain would be this bad. Still in the hospital and ready to go home. But i tell you - the pain meds they give me are awesome. Tryin to walk every two hours for about 15 minutes. Haven't passed gas but I feel moving in my sleeve. Not fun.

I went home the next day and only dealing with a little pain slight nausea, but other then that im good im sorry to about other people's pain you will get through it god bless everyone

The 11th as well. Went home in 2 days due to not enough liquids but my sis had the procedure done 30 min after me by the same surgeon and she went home next day. Hang in there the nausea gets better. I have a patch behind my ear to help with it. Just sip sitting up every commercial break. Good luck everyone!!

Hello fellow 12-11 sleeves, glad we all made it. I came home next day and am doing well. Thanks to this forum, I was well prepared. Continued success to us all!!!

I was the 10th and doing ok. I was in the hospital until last night. My first leak test in Tuesday didn't go well as my sleeve was very swollen. Did a repeat yesterday and it went much better. First couple of days were rough with regret, nausea, some vomiting. But I got though it and am now home. On the plus side I don't have much pain. Haven't had pain meds since Tuesday night.

I was the 10th, went home Wednesday. I'm miserable, having esophageal spasms. Most of the gas pains have subsided. I'm just so miserable, I don't even want to try drinking anything. I've been decent at sipping Water, was suppose to start full liquids today but doctor wants me to stay on clears to help the spasms, I follow up with them Tuesday and another barium swallow and see what's the status of my sleeve. I'm regretting ever doing this.

Had my sleeve done Tues 12/11...it was awful!!! Nausea!!!!!! But I got through it!!! Now I'm home and wondering why my stomach isn't full??? I can drink three 11oz shakes and 16oz of Water with no problem???? Is this usual!???? I hope he took enough stomach out!!!! Kinda getting worried!!!!! Any advise????

I would just take in small amounts no more than 3oz even though you can take more. You don't want to stretch your stomach or cause a leak. I would play it safe. Simply because I don't wish to be weary or miserable and perhaps call Dr. Monday....I feel I can take in more but I do not. Best of luck.

I was the 10th' date=' went home Wednesday. I'm miserable, having esophageal spasms. Most of the gas pains have subsided. I'm just so miserable, I don't even want to try drinking anything. I've been decent at sipping Water, was suppose to start full liquids today but doctor wants me to stay on clears to help the spasms, I follow up with them Tuesday and another barium swallow and see what's the status of my sleeve. I'm regretting ever doing this.[/quote']

Oh I'm so sorry to hear your going through this. What is this spasm? Never heard of it. Is it a complication from the surgery? I hope you get some answers and get on the mend very soon. Please keep me posted. You will be in my prayers.

Esophageal spasms are abnormal contractions of the muscles in the esophagus (the tube that carries food from the mouth to the stomach).

These spasms do not move food effectively to the stomach. Causes, incidence, and risk factors The cause of esophageal spasm is unknown.

Very hot or very cold foods may trigger an episode in some people.

Symptoms

•Difficulty swallowing or pain with swallowing

•Pain in the chest or upper abdomen

•It can be hard to tell a spasm from angina pectoris, a symptom of heart disease.

•The pain may spread to the neck, jaw, arms, or back

Doctor said was side effect of surgery that they see occasionally.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/esophageal-spasms/DS00763

I had mine in the 11th and I'm home doing pretty good. I got so hungry today that I had potatoes really mashed in my mouth. Maybe 2 little pieces and some thin noodle Soup 2 oz for Breakfast. I also had a sugar free Popsicle for dinner I'm so full right now. But feeling really good other than that!