Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting..Aetna Approval

Well my docs office told me all my documents look good and ready to submit to Aetna. They gave me January 30th as my surgery date. I will have to sign all consents forms on January 15th. They will be submitting all paperwork on Jan9th because is my last req. visit. I am so excited everything ran smoothly. My office nurse said it won't take more than 8days to get confirmation. Do now I am ready. Ready to start a new life!!! ;)

Perez, From my dealing with Aetna, they are pretty quick. I honestly dont think my approval took a whole day. My file was given to the nurse on 12/6 and by 12/10 I called in and they had approved the surgery.. I just wonder if I had called on Friday like my O.C.D. self wanted to, would it have been done? lol.. I hope for a speedy decision for you. Did you do the three month or the six month program for Aetna?

Perez, honestly it wouldnt hurt to go ahead and start! It will give you a jump start on your weight loss and ease the transition of when you " have" to be on the liquid diet. Ask some of the members what their liqid diet consisted of and get goin!

Thank you. You're absolutely right. I want to start right away. I did the 21day liquid diet so I know how hard it can be. But I will do it to at least knock done weight off before surgery. Btw did you get urs done? I am Adrian btw.. Nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you Adrian. I am Shaun. I have yet to have my surgery as they have not given me a date yet. All i know is that it will be in January.

When you start your liquid phase, let me know. I will do it with you.. ( I need to start getting in the mindset A.S.A.P!

Same here pleasure to meet you Shaun. Right now I'm 5ft 10 n I weight 289. BMI is low or at least at the edge to meet insurance req. that's why I haven't start my diet. But yes we should both started it at the same time. When will you hear from them to find out you surgery date? What's your goal? Mine is to lose 100lbs. >_< Lolz it will be cool if ur surgery is close to mine too.

I should hear back by the end of the week regarding my surgery date. I am 5ft 3in and 287lbs! Lol. A lot on a short frame. I should have started eons ago! But it is what it is.. my bmi is high compared to others (50-51). Just let me know when u r ready. I have about 120 to 140lbs to lose.

Where are you being sleeved?

Not when, where? Lol

Hi!!! I'm new here. I'm from Jersey. As I've read some post about Aetna's approval on WLS, it gives me faith and hoping everything goes well with me. I have to do the 3 month weight in. My first weight in was on Dec 6th, two more to go. Hoping everythink goes smooth. And GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS!! :-)

@Perez, I am having my surgery at the VCU Medical Center here in Richmond, VA. Hopefully the coordinator will call me back today and I will know my date for sure! :-).. Will keep you posted

@Fearless-- Welcome Welcome Welcome.. Aetna has been good to me and hopefully to Perez and you as well. What steps are you following in your 3 month. I can tell you my was very vague but I added to it on my own and I believe it is what helped me get approved!... Keep in touch

@Perez' date=' I am having my surgery at the VCU Medical Center here in Richmond, VA. Hopefully the coordinator will call me back today and I will know my date for sure! :-).. Will keep you posted

@Fearless-- Welcome Welcome Welcome.. Aetna has been good to me and hopefully to Perez and you as well. What steps are you following in your 3 month. I can tell you my was very vague but I added to it on my own and I believe it is what helped me get approved!... Keep in touch[/quote']

@enuff, thank you!!! I hope so. All I know is that I need to put my act together. And start losing some weight on my own. So Aetna can see I could do it....I may start the liquid diet, after the holidays though...lol :-x Have you thought of doing your own videos on youtube to inspire our people before and after surgery? I though of it, but let's see what happens. Keep us updated with your surgery date. ;-)

Hello all!! This post was very refreshing! I just completed my 6 month program. Due to the holidays I haven't been able to be in contact with my surgeon. I'm calling tomorrow so that they can submit insurance paperwork. I'm really excited!! I hope Aetna is good to me! Wish me luck guys!