Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone I was wondering if any one has had the stomach flu post op? I don't currently have it but my sisters while family does and I baby sat for her so I am probably a day away from getting it, that seems to be the incubation time each one of them had. I'm kinda freaked out about it. I am 3 months post op. today I am going to try to hydrate as much but I have a feeling I may end up in the Ed if I get it. Does stomach flu effect us worse since we are missing part of our stomach? I dunno maybe Im over reacting but I'm just stressed about it.

has had the stomach flu post op? I don't currently have it but my sisters while family does and I baby sat for her so I am probably a day away from getting it

bubles089

hi there - sorry your sisters family has a bought of the flu but............

come on girlfriend - don't worry about something like, maybe, might get a cold since you were in a "sickies" area :o

we have plenty of other stuff we could possibly worry about if we want to :)

if.....you get a cold, or get sick at a later time - i'm sorry for you "then" but don't go looking for trouble, ok? ;) - a flu "shouldn't" effect your new tummy, or lack of

at 3 months i don't think theres any meds you have to watch out for - "maybe" you could try and find a cough med or something without too much sugar, but again.....

please don't go looking for trouble!!! :)

3 months, since you didn't say otherwise, i'm sure you are losing weight nicely, good for you :)

take care

don't stress

but....keep a box of kleenex around just in case :lol:

I had it a couple of days before Thanksgiving. My 2 daughters were puking and had diarrhea while I only have diarrhea. We didn't take any meds and we just let it take it's course and believe it or not you tend to feel better faster when you let your body do what it was made for which is fighting illnesses (unless it's something very serious like cancer). The stomach flu only last for about 24 hrs and then it's usually gone or not as bad. I grew up without health insurance so we rarely/never went to the doc and we usually just toughed it out at home, heck I think the only time I go to the doc is if I need a pap smear, other than that I stay home and just ride it out. Get some chicken noodle Soup and ginger ale and you will be fine.

Okay, forever I have not drank any pop. I do not believe in drinking soda whatsoever. I know a lot of people are told that they can drink diet soda, I find it's not worth it and drinking pop every day is just not good for you.

That being said, last night I got the stomach flu. First time since surgery. I took my meds and was heading to bed and I threw up. Then I threw up some more. I threw up every 20 minutes and then it was every hour. After about 2 hours of this, I ended up with severe extreme diarreah. I brought a pillow and blanket into the bathroom and I laid down.

Worse, I'm going on a vacation out of the country tomorrow.

This sickness started at 9:00pm I'm still having diarreah. I would have done ANYTHING for gingerale last night. I tried drinking Water, tea, my son went out and bought pedilyte and the taste made me ill. I finally relented and asked them to go get me some diet gingerale.

I will not revert back to drinking pop, but I swear this has worked wonders for me. Even my silly peppermint tea and Truvia didn't help. I am concerned because diet pop uses causes me Migraines, so I took down two Excedrin migraines.

So, for those that I have poo pooed for drinking diet pop, with the sleeve, I still stand behind the fact that it is not nutritious and not worth the lack of nutrition or the possible stretching of a newly sleeved, but I do not regret, even for a second drinking the diet gingerale today.

It has been a horrendous day, that's for sure. Flying out of the country tomorrow am and I am on an hour sleeve, but I wanted to share the flu horror story.

Do what it takes to feel better. Get the fluids in. I will make sure I drink non-stop on the plane because flying also causes dehydration and getting montezuma's revenge and throwing up before hitting Mexico really sucks lol :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches