Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Ongoing Story :)

Sorry to hear its a struggle now, that's what I was posting to you about prior to surgery, it takes time to heal and let that swelling go down so that you can get the nutrition you need. A thick creamy shake is probably impossible right now, but clear Protein like Isopure might work and warm tea and broth. Go easy and think positive.

Hi Becky, just checking in...how are you doing?

I'm doing better, things are starting to go down without pain. I have some kidney problems and saw my doctor today, I was completely dehydrated which is not acceptable for my body. She yelled at me and told me to force fluids, she told me not to actually puke but to get close to it. I need to be getting 80 oz of Water a day and I'm getting about 30 so I'm working hard to get my water intake up. I feel like I'm constantly drinking but I'm not actually getting that much Fluid down so I'll have to work harder. I'm also not losing much, maybe that has to do with the dehydration. I started at 262 and I'm at 247 and it's been 3 weeks, I'm hoping I'll start losing soon it seems like I'd have to...I'm only getting 500 calories a day. Other than still getting tired easily, I'm doing pretty good.

I understand kidney problems :( I just recently spent a week in the hospital and two different surgeries. My Dr. is telling me Water Water water...I think only fellow sleevers can relate how hard that is!

I really need to try harder!

Keep us updated, take care :)

If both of you don't mind me asking, what kind of kidney problems are you having? Did you know prior to surgery that you had kidney problems?

15 pounds in 21 days? Actually sounds like you're doing pretty great to me! Keep it up and good luck with the Water. I hope it gets easier for you soon.

Thanks guys! I'm trying :) as far as the kidney problems, I've had chronic infections since I was born and have had 2 surgeries to correct anatomical problems. I knew going into the sleeve that I'd have trouble with getting enough Fluid in but I figured I'd get the hang of it eventually. I'm working super hard to get my fluids in, we shall see!

I found finding that one thing I love to drink makes it easier. I drink a huge cup of coffee in the morning, then a Protein Shake, then 24 oz bottle of Water sometimes with crystal light (1/2 pkg for light flavor) during the afternoon. In the evening I usually have at least 2-3 glasses of iced tea (Mio sweet tea) I almost always get in over 64 oz of fluids.

I was admitted to the hospital yesterday. I still can't get any food or Water down and it seems to have gotten worse. They did an upper gi X-ray and found out that I have a stricture in the opening of my stomach so basically everything is just super swollen so it's painful when anything goes down. My doctor wants to scope me and try to dilate that area to see if that helps so he's figuring out when he can fit me in. In the meantime I'm in the hospital bed. I feel ok except when I eat or drink so at least most of the time I'm not too miserable. I'll keep you guys updated as I figure out what's going on.

Hope things get better soon! Wishing you speedy recovery

Hope it goes ok. Seems like quite a few are having a very hard time getting anything down after surgery without a lot of pain or vomiting.

Glad you are following up with your surgeon.

Take care, let us know how it goes.

I hope she posts an update soon as well.