Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention February 2013 Sleeve Buddies!

54lbs since my sleeve on 2/21. When I get off track, I come on this site to read about everyone's weight loss and it motivates me! Thanks for all your posts and pictures! It's making my weight loss successful

Hey guy I'm back. I was sleeve on February 15. As off today im 54 pounds less thank you all for the support.

I'm such a slow loser... it's a bit frustrating. I had surgery on 2/27 and now 5 months post-op, I started at 225 on surgery day and now stuck at 190lbs.

I'm wondering if anyone else is stuck and what do you do? I've been under a lot of stress so I guess it could be that.

I'm considering doing a couple weeks of the liquid diet. Anyone do that to help get on track?

In such a slow loser... it's a bit frustrating. I had surgery on 2/27 and now 5 months post-op, I started at 225 on surgery day and now stuck at 190lbs.

I'm wondering if anyone else is stuck and what do you do? I've been under a lot of stress so I guess it could be that.

I'm considering doing a couple weeks of the liquid diet. Anyone do that to help get on track?

I know what you mean. I have lost 34lbs since my surgery. (I lost 48lbs before the surgery.) I've tried every trick in the book. Decreased calories, increased calories, exercised more, exercised less, monitored everything I ate, kept my daily carbs under 50, taking in 100 ounces of Water a day (not easy). And nothing has really helped move the scale. Very hard to stay motivated at this point. I just kind of chuckle when I hear comments about surgery taking the easy way out. This is easy? I've had to work harder to loose 32lbs then the first 48lbs. I am happy, overall I've lost over 80lbs. I was just hoping to be under 200lbs at this point. Such a huge goal for me. I've also been working with my NUT and she is fine with what I have done so far.

Anyway, each person is different, so the liquid diet may or may not help. It is all an experiment. Don't give up. Keep trying.

I'm such a slow loser... it's a bit frustrating. I had surgery on 2/27 and now 5 months post-op' date=' I started at 225 on surgery day and now stuck at 190lbs.

I'm considering doing a couple weeks of the liquid diet. Anyone do that to help get on track?[/quote']

I am also a slow loser I had my surgery 2/27/13 I am 5'6 day of surgery I was 227lbs now I am 177lbs I try to workout 3 days a week :(

I am in the same boat. I've only lost 47lbs. I've done everything and decided to stop and let nature take its course.

I eat right and exercise 3 times a week. I get all my Water and then some. The measuring tape is moving well and I have challenged myself to build more muscle and lose more inches. I am willing to be a thick woman but I need to be a fit woman.

I wonder if all you slow losers aren't eating enough calories and your body is kind of in starvation mode?

I wonder if all you slow losers aren't eating enough calories and your body is kind of in starvation mode?

Well I've tried upping my calories according to my workouts and the opposite and nothing.

It seems as if us February sleevers are having some of the same issues

Only 6 bmi points away from officially being ''overweight''! Yeah!

I love how we all just want to be overweight!! Congrats, great job!

Been ages since i've been on - very busy and life just gets in the way! But I'm a Feb sleever, and have been stuck in the 107's (kgs) for about 2 months now. I have lost a total of 25.1kgs, and I am holding steady.

I think considering the number of Feb sleevers who are "stuck" is quite indicative that it's not always calories in/calories out, and that weight isn't in fact always in our control, despite our best efforts. I think the body goes into a shut down/refusal to keep losing at a certain point because it realises that it's lost a good size chunk of itself and it puts on the brakes big time. Because it thinks it's starving or dying. But once it realises it's not starving or dying it relents and the weight loss picks up again, but more slowly.

I was discouraged and starting to think I had "failed" again, until I saw these posts. Now I'm thinking I need to change up my routine a bit and see if I can't get the scale moving down again. so I'm thinking an increase in plain pure Water (since winter started I've been having more things like Decaf black tea, or mint tea - stevia not sugar), and maybe doing the liquid phase a 2-3 days a week. Some of the vloggers on youtube do the liquid phase for a whole week, but I don't know if I can do that - the thought of ingesting one more Protein Shake actually makes me sick to my stomach. I look at my tin of Protein mix and my mouth waters, not in anticipation but like right before you're going to vomit??

Also, I've been lazier since winter came on, so I need to amp up my activity levels. That is probably the largest reason why my losses have stalled. I have been very lazy since end of April/first of May. The good thing is, now that I've lost the 25kgs, I actually do feel heaps better (no more feet, ankle and lower leg swelling.....my knees don't hurt unless I climbs steps or inclines the wrong way......no shortness of breath or issues with stamina although i never did have trouble with that anyway...........) I want to join the local gym near my work, but my role at work has been made redundant, and while I'm still waiting for my end date, I'm not sure if it's the best time to be investing into something I might end up not being able to use (they don't do pay as you go, it's up front for x amount of time and no refunds if you change your mind or whatever).

anyway, I'm glad to hear that everyone, 'stuckages' aside, is doing well. My husband is now wondering if he shouldn't get sleeved as well - has been in a battle with his weight his whole life as well. I don't want to push him, he's sometimes slow to come around to things, but I encourage him to seriously consider it. I think he will, but it will take him some time. I think if I can get my weight loss moving again, it will be the thing that gets him off the fence.

:)

This is kind of a TMI one, but hey, I'm sure we're all in the same boat to some extent!

Just wanted to ask - has anyone been experiencing aversions to foods/types of foods you were formally addicted to (for me it was sweets, especially chocolate or ice cream)? I am now constantly jonesing for salty stuff, and things that are crunchy - crispy crunchy not wet crunchy like a carrot! hahaha I can't get enough salt - to the point that I have been so desperate at times that I have shaken a few small chunks of sea salt out of the grinder and sucked on them one at a time. Love the parmesan cheese chips you can make, because they totally satisfy both the salty and crunchy craving, and it only takes 2 or 3 then I've had enough.

I'm still experiencing dumping, but not as intensely or as quickly as I had been in the first few months. The first 6 weeks or so, if I had anything too sugary or fatty, it would either send me into an immediate hot flush with extremely smelly and explosive diarhea and I'd be on the toilet for ages, or it would send me into an immediate dead-cold sweat with lightheaded dizziness and I'd have to go lie down (absolutely had to be horizontal) for at least 20 minutes in pitch black (or something over my head to make it so) before I could recover and then I'd have to hit the toilet for a loooooong time.

Now, I don't have those episodes so much, but I will feel very yuck, just very very unwell, semi-nauseous, and needing the toilet quite badly. I actually don't mind the dumping because in some ways it's very handy - makes me stop and think before I eat something, consider what the reaction might be and when........because I don't want to be without access to a loo if it's #2, and I don't want to use someones and then stink it all out! Nothing more embarassing than everyone knowing you were the one that made that oh-so-important room repulsive to use. hahaha

Also, my hair.....or my lack of hair. Good Lord it started falling out about 3 months ago and it hasn't let up since. At times it seems like the fall out has slowed down, but then I will take a shower or brush my hair and look at that...another toupe in the drain or a tumbleweed in the brush. My ponytail is so thing now that I use toddler size ponytail holders and my fringe is so thin it constantly looks greasy no matter how clean it is. I get plenty of Protein and I take my Vitamins and supps religiously........I'm thinking it might be the Metformin I still take. It can have Hair loss as a side effect. I'm going to see my doc about cutting the dose in half now.

Aside from the hair loss I have no complaints, and I don't regret my decision to sleeve for a second, even when I'm pulling a huge glob of hair out of the drain! I figure it will grow back eventually, and if it doesn't, oh well. It's not the end of the world. Makes wearing a wig easier....not as much hair to put under the cap. hahaha

I'm still losing, but it has slowed down a bit. I'm working out like a freaking animal to keep my losing up. I'm going to walk 12 miles today. I was losing 20 pounds a month, now it's more like 12-15.

I've always worked out, and I've always had six "meals" per day.

I'm down 16 inches from my waistline and 3 shirt sizes. 160+ pounds lost from my heaviest weight.

I love how we all just want to be overweight!! Congrats' date=' great job![/quote']

My dear deceased friend used to say I just want to be obese, not morbidly obese. He didn't die from his weight though.