Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last Thanksgiving Pre-Sleeve. Feeling Loss.

My favorite holiday, and I have to be honest... I'm feeling a sense of loss today that I wasn't expecting. So ready for the sleeving (hopefully in January) , but feeling like 'This is it.'

Good luck Miss Michi....I'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes tomorrow.

I agree, This is "IT" But try to look at it as a new IT. A new beginning. Next Thanksgiving, you can enjoy dinner, just stay on your plan.

I'm trying to focus on all the "can haves" instead of mourning what I won't have. The things I want out of life far outweigh my desire for what will be on any holiday table. You have such an impressive start pre-op, Stay the course!!

Have a wonderful holiday, and continued good success!!

My favorite holiday' date=' and I have to be honest... I'm feeling a sense of loss today that I wasn't expecting. So ready for the sleeving (hopefully in January) , but feeling like 'This is it.'[/quote']

I'm with ya! It's my last thanksgiving before my sleeve hopefully jan or feb.. I can't wait till my surgery though. Enjoy your day

Sent from my iPhone using VST

This is my third post sleeve thanksgiving. You have nothing to fear or mourn. This holiday is about reflection and being thankful for all of good things in your life. For me, it is no longer a day of gluttony, it is a day of enjoying the company and being tankful for the best gift I have ever received. The gift of restored health. I will have a taste of the things I would have prevously gorged on. the difference is at the end of the day I won't be laying on the couch unable to move because my belly stuffed to the point of refusal.

Just enjoy being with family this thanksgiving.

I'm 3 weeks since being sleeved and really looking forward to Thanksgiving. I've been on real food for a week and have a plan to get a little bit of everything I want.

Giving thanks for what we have and who we have to share it with is better than anything on the table. Can't wait!

Thanks, everyone. Appreciate the quick 911 response. :)

I took a long time thinking about this too. I am now actually looking forward to NEXT Thanksgiving because I will be able to have a taste of everything and then feel FULL without going in for THIRDS on the mashed potatoes!Then later that night I'll be able to sample some pie.. and actually just have a bite of each kind instead of an ENTIRE SLICE OF FIVE DIFFERENT PIES.. so I'll still get to taste them all... without all the calories associated with FIVE FREAKING SLICES OF PIE!!!!!

I've been on my pre-op liquids for 10 days, and Thanksgiving was the worst day of my life. Everything smelled SO good. And I was starving. My surgery is Monday, 26NOV, and I am so hungry all the time. And it didn't help that I was feeling sorry for myself. I can't wait until Monday, just to get it over with and not be hungry anymore.

I am worried that after surgery that even though I will be full on very little food, I won't be truly satisfied. Comments? Suggestions?

I've been on my pre-op liquids for 10 days' date=' and Thanksgiving was the worst day of my life. Everything smelled SO good. And I was starving. My surgery is Monday, 26NOV, and I am so hungry all the time. And it didn't help that I was feeling sorry for myself. I can't wait until Monday, just to get it over with and not be hungry anymore.

I am worried that after surgery that even though I will be full on very little food, I won't be truly satisfied. Comments? Suggestions?[/quote']

Good luck on Monday! I worried about the same thing... not being satisfied on so little food. My surgery is Dec 4. Family sleevers tell me they feel fully satisfied because they feel full after just a few bites. So taste satisfaction without the gorging. Gives me hope! Let us all know how you're doing postop! :-)

Can completley understand ive been on liquids for ten days and thanksgiving was interesting to say the least, I just wanted to put my whole face into the sweet potatoes and the stuffing. Lol but my mom made special turkey broth for me and afterwards I felt great, because I new that surgery is just around the conger and if I could make it through thanksgiving I could make it through anything :)

This was my first Thanksgiving post surgery and it was just fine. I had a little bit of everything I wanted.

I even had a taste of dessert with coffee mid-afternoon. Then I had the same the day after for lunch.

The one thing that was not enjoyable is the very delicious chocolate Cheesecake Factory dessert that I attempted to eat 1/4th of a piece of did not agree with me after the second little bite. I was not sorry at all to throw it away.