Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Week And Two Days Out And I've Lost....

Hey, don't worry it will start coming off. You probably have alot of Water weight. Just follow the plan and it will work. You will hit stalls here and there. Before you know it, you will be losing all your weight.

Yeah, it took me a full week to lose all the weight I gained from being in the hospital for 2 days. I put on like 15 pounds just from all the Fluid the pumped me full of. To me it sounds like you're getting exactly the results you should be :)

agreed, i hopped on the scale when i got home from my 2 nights in the hospital thinking i'd be down a few pounds, and I was up!!! Scary, but remember, if you haven't injested a gazillion calories, there is no way you are not losing, your body just adjusts in it's own way. I'm only a month out and have been stalled for 2 weeks, feeling depressed when i see some people have lost 30 or 50 lbs, and i'm only down about 20....even up a few pounds from my 2nd week out. Ugh. But have faith...there is no way i can't lose weight, i'm tracking my calories even!! You will see a loss next week i'll bet...and it will be a biggie!

Thank goodness my doctor and nurse warned me about the hospital weight gain. I came home 17 pounds more than the day I left for surgery. I have lost all of that and 17 more. My surgery was 11/8. Tomorrow I can begin on pureed foods, going very slow with that. My issue is I don't like sweet stuff, so the Protein Drinks are challenging at best. Good luck - it will get better!

I've not tried them, but I believe there are some savory flavor Protein Soups. I believe Unjury makes a chicken Soup one, which might help!

I have hit a stall since I began pureed foods in 3rd week. Is it normal ? Am I eating too much pureed food.< /p>

Week 3 stall is totally normal, unfortunately. It's not related to pureed food. How long it lasts is different for everyone, but it seems to be at least a couple weeks while your body adjusts. Just keep sticking to your diet and rather than weighing, you may want to take body measurments because even though you're not losing weight, you're losing inches :)

I'm with you ladies!!!

I was operated on November 12, my surgery weight was 230... when I was released from the hospital 2 days later I weighted myself and I was at 240 :(

A weight gain of 10 pounds, but I figured it had to be all the IV that was given to me, also the swelling and keep in mind that a lot of us don't have bowel movements right away (TMI): In fact I was constipated probably 5 days before my surgery... but today is day 9... I checked my weight and I'm at 227 - sounds awesome but have you have remember I gained 10 pounds...so in really I'm down 3 pounds... but it's okay it will start to come off!!!!

Week 3 stall is totally normal, unfortunately. It's not related to pureed food. How long it lasts is different for everyone, but it seems to be at least a couple weeks while your body adjusts. Just keep sticking to your diet and rather than weighing, you may want to take body measurments because even though you're not losing weight, you're losing inches :)

I am indeed losing inches Ms "The Gamer". Thanks for your encouraging words !

Yasmine, I wouldn't even count that hospital gain. Everyone gains in the hospital. My nurse said anywhere from 5-10 lbs. just all the stuff they put in you while you're there. And as quickly as it mysteriously is gained, it seems to go away pretty quickly too.