Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Did You Eat Pizza?

Wait until you are at least on solids (5-6 weeks). That being said' date=' are you sure you want pizza? It is up to you, but there are better choices that will help you reach weight loss goals more quickly. And if you do eat pizza, eat the toppings only. The bread will only cause pain as it expands in your GI tract.[/quote']

No.. I just downloaded the app and I really don't know how to work it I don't even know how to put my picture on here. I just jumped in a convo. I just want advice from people who have experience with the surgery.

I was just thinking the same thing. I also have a sleeve of Iron. I am 5 weeks out and have not had any problems with food. I still have to learn to quit eating before that uncomfortable feeling hits. My family gets pizza on Fridays and I would like to join in. maybe there is a italian food alternative. for me ?

I was just thinking the same thing. I also have a sleeve of Iron. I am 5 weeks out and have not had any problems with food. I still have to learn to quit eating before that uncomfortable feeling hits. My family gets pizza on Fridays and I would like to join in. maybe there is a italian food alternative. for me ?

I'm a Pinterest gal and there are a ton of bariatric pizza friendly recipes. Some might be cauliflower crust, there are ones that has a no crust or ones that use wonton wrappers. I love to cook so I've spent a good chunk of my recovery looking up recipes to try on this new lifestyle.

If you have papa murphy's in your area (they make the pizza and you bake it at home) they have a delite crust, it is super thin and gets crisp when you bake it. It's about the thickness of a tortilla, and lower in carbs than the regular crust. May daughter and I had a delite pizza last night, with garlic sauce (no red sauce), chicken, tomatoes, spinach, and light parm cheese. I had a single slice, only the toppings, but I'm sure I could have had the crust as well. I'm 4.5 weeks out from surgery. It was amazing, totally cured my cravings for "real food" and I didn't have to make something special for myself for dinner, when my family was having a treat. If you don't have papa murphy's then I would just put what I wanted on a pizza on a sheet of foil, and let it get hot and bubbly in the oven. Crust is not what makes the pizza, it's the Protein, and gooey cheese imo.

I was a bad boy and I bought a slice of pepperoni and sausage from the local N.Y.-style pizza place when I was four weeks out. I ate two bites in the car and I was full. Then later I ate the rest of it minus the outer crust, which I donated to the canine companion. My stomach didn't feel too bad, but I ate so slowly that by the time I was finished the pizza was completely cold. Overall, not a satisfying experience.

By the way, unlike some fat people, I really was a major overeater. In the before time, I would often eat a whole pizza pie and it would not get the chance to get cold.

I do pretty well with well-chewed nuts, so I'm thinking about trying a pizza recipe I found online in which the crust is made from almond flour. Has anybody else had that? What were the results?

Edited by Man o' the Hills

Im 3 months out. I can eat anything, but I avoid most including fried foods. I can eat thin crust chicken pizza. Chew slow and thoroughly. My sleeve is sturdy as well. The most is a small slice. Medium or Large slice is a no no.

Tie Hill Samsung S6+

I eat the top off of pizza and have about 1 large slice worth at most. But just the toppings. No bread. And I like just cheese, spicy chicken and sauce so I'm easy. lol!

I had pizza for the 1st time tonight! It was a work function and that was my only available option. But it went ok. I had one slice, and ate the top off, barely had much of the bread or crust. I could only get half of the slice down before the fullness set in. I'm happy. I got a "taste" without going overboard.

I had pizza for the 1st time tonight! It was a work function and that was my only available option. But it went ok. I had one slice, and ate the top off, barely had much of the bread or crust. I could only get half of the slice down before the fullness set in. I'm happy. I got a "taste" without going overboard.

Oh forgot to mention that I'm 3 months post surgery.

I can comfortably eat one slice of pizza without the crust and not have it bother my stomach and feel full. If I know I'm going to have a slice of pizza, I plan accordingly for the rest of my day. My NUT said to keep my carbs below 65 so if Pizza is on the menu, I make sure my other meals are Protein heavy and low to no carbs.

This surgery is all about learning to eat in a new way and do what works for you. I had pizza in my diet last week and I lost 5 pounds last week. For me moderation and accountability are more important than restricting everything I want from my diet.

If you eat anything like that, wait for three months. But honestly, this is about making a lifestyle change. And it's awful to see people trying to eat fattening crap loaded with sugar, sweeteners, carbs, and grease.

We are here to support each other and improve the issues we have, not feed into them....

No pun intended.

If you're craving pizza find a good cauliflower crust pizza recipe. The key is to get the Water out of it using cheese cloth. It smells horrible making it but once the crust is made it is so good. Top it how you want. I do basil, mozzarella and Tomato and a BBQ chicken. My kids love helping too.

I ate a couple slices after 6 or 8 weeks, didn't like how I felt physically or mentally. I no longer crave it sense doing Keto for a month, but my family had it thall s past week and I had a small thin crust piece. Wasn't a big deal either way.

If you have strong cravings for foods, your body is likely going through withdrawals for carbs and salt. Keto saved me from those and made following the plan easy, as I don't have the mental battles that I did during pre and post opp