Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Workouts Are A Drug

I like to do some king of workout every day because it really effects how I feel. Recently I have switched to using my elliptical every day in addition to a barbell workout. Now do not think I am working out 4 hours a day because of this thread subject. I'm not. My workout is about an hour. Anyways, I was doing my 45 minute interval program on the elliptical today and changed my approach to be as relaxed as possible, remain flat footed and focus on my core area. It felt really great. I did not get any fatigue even though I was really pushing myself. In fact it felt like I was high on a drug ( no, I do not abuse drugs; just remembering surgery recovery when taking oxy). The feelings of euphoria was there and it felt incredible. I must have really been " in the zone." Do others encounter this in their exercise?

Yep - endorphins are released. People call it "runners high". I notice it and conversely notice feeling kinda blah if I get out of my workout routine.

You know when it hits me though - is when i am doing horse stuff at high speeds. I just joined a drill team and we do intricate manevuers at alarming speeds... I end a practice session feeling very "up" in a way that surprises me. The thrills, the chills,but hopefully, no spills.....

Exactly! That's awesome and that's my main reason for going to the gym. If I don't, I feel a little out of sorts if I miss a day, and if I miss 2 days...life sucks and I feel awful. :blink: I don't get it from cardio as much as I do from lifting....but the main thing is get in there and "feel the high" as well as the burn. :)

I'd like to join the club. I rarely miss a day. I do a little something at least. Some days I may even lift weights in the morning, then go jogging later that night. I love being active now.

I've felt it while riding my spin bike. I love getting in that spot where I feel like I could go on for hours, I feel strong, muscles warm and rhythmic, breathing quick but steady..I close my eyes and just feel the movement make my body swing. It feels so good!