Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch To 5K..what Have I Done!?

OMG! I did the first work out for the C25K program - I can't believe I did it! The whole 30 minute thing! Walked for 5 min., then alternated jogging for 60 seconds and walking for 90 seconds for 8 times I think....then walked another 5 minutes!

I am sore already - but i DID IT!!!

I am doing it again Wednesday. I am a little over 4months out an this is my first attempt at scheduled exercise.....

I plan on adding light weights with lots of reps for my arms during tv time....we will see......

I did get a little light headed at home...ate some dinner - feel fine now.....

Please God - let my knee hold up.....

Baby steps people....

I started at 292 and a size 24 on day of surgery July 2nd -

Today I am a size 16 at 224 pounds....

It works. If you're lurking - do it!!!

God Bless!

Awesome job!!! I think I may try it..

Shannon, you are simply amazing. VSG surgery will continue to allow you to do things you only dreamed of so think of all the wonderful adventures ahead of you!

Keep up the great work. Congrats!

I'm on 5k runner... I'm on week 5 day 1 or 2? There were a few hard days in there for me but I just repeated them until I was more confident... My surgery isn't until March but I'm hoping to not have to take too long a break from the app once I have surgery... I'm addicted and do it 4 times a week.

After 5k... I'm going for 10!

Keep up the good work!

I just finished week 8. I too was worried about my knees. I started out wearing neoprene sleeves and they helped some. But the best thing I did was read up on proper running form. I started out being a heel striker, but once I started making myself be a forefoot striker, shortening up my stride and bending my knees more (kinda squatting down a little) I started running with way less impact, and therefore less knee pain.

I just finished week 8. I too was worried about my knees. I started out wearing neoprene sleeves and they helped some. But the best thing I did was read up on proper running form. I started out being a heel striker' date=' but once I started making myself be a forefoot striker, shortening up my stride and bending my knees more (kinda squatting down a little) I started running with way less impact, and therefore less knee pain.[/quote']

I did my first 5 k a couple of wks ago. And I run 2-3 MLS and walk 1-2 miles m-f. I am about 12.5 wks post-op.

I need to start watching my form cause I just started having rgt knee pain. Also could be that I am running on the trails which have more hilly/incline areas

I did my first 5 k a couple of wks ago. And I run 2-3 MLS and walk 1-2 miles m-f. I am about 12.5 wks post-op.

I need to start watching my form cause I just started having rgt knee pain. Also could be that I am running on the trails which have more hilly/incline areas

I too have developed knee pain when running this week. I've been running just over 3k for the past few weeks. I have decreased my incline when running from 4% to 3%, but will try 2% tomorrow. I run at 4mph (just over 6km and hour) and walk at 3mph... what speeds and incline have you guys been doing?

I have also been looking at my form as I've always been a heel striker so I've been trying to change to mid foot.

OMG! I did the first work out for the C25K program - I can't believe I did it! The whole 30 minute thing! Walked for 5 min.' date=' then alternated jogging for 60 seconds and walking for 90 seconds for 8 times I think....then walked another 5 minutes!

I am sore already - but i DID IT!!!

I am doing it again Wednesday. I am a little over 4months out an this is my first attempt at scheduled exercise.....

I plan on adding light weights with lots of reps for my arms during tv time....we will see......

I did get a little light headed at home...ate some dinner - feel fine now.....

Please God - let my knee hold up.....

Baby steps people....

I started at 292 and a size 24 on day of surgery July 2nd -

Today I am a size 16 at 224 pounds....

It works. If you're lurking - do it!!!

God Bless![/quote']

Those were my stats. I started at 292 now I'm at 179. You got this