Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Dont Hear Much About Dr. Almanza Anymore........

I have my sleeve done at the end of August in Tijuana Mexico with dr. Almanza... Wonderful experience they are in a clinic Which if you think about it a lot of your follow up appointments in aftercare is going to be in a place like that Back in the States not in a full blown hospital. They are friendly knowledgeable and very clean . After I lose my weight completely I will be going back for a makeover. They do not use the recovery house anymore. You send 1 or 2 nights at the clinic which has a Separate sterile operating room. Then you stay at Hotel ticuan For the next 1 or 2 night depending on how you are recovering. I did not have to pay for any of the hotel but I went by myself Because I did not want to have to deal with other people in real food Rate after my surgery and trying to recover. You only have 1 other roommate at the clinic in the hotel. But if you want your own room you can choose to pay for that by yourself. Dr almanza is a sleeve patient himself. Hope that whatever decision you make is yours to make from the heart. I do not regret any moment of my journey or my decision.

I had great success and experience with Dr Almanza.

I took my husband for aftercare and we did stay at the hotel, it was nice, we were always safe, and I have successfully lost 105 lbs in the 6-1/2 months I've been sleeved.

I have plastics in May back down at the same clinic (in a strip mall) :-0 yep- and I survived!!!!

:-)

Happy losing all!

The clinic is really small and in a shopping center...I think that was the most shocking to everyone. I already knew before arriving a.d thought it was no big deal.

When you arrive they take your blood and do an EKG. Then hook you up to IV. The person with the lowest BMI goes first. The group I went with didn't seem to even need surgery! They were all just a little over weight which made me question Dr Almanza's intentions. Seems a little money hungry. Anyway I went last so I had to wait all day.

After surgery' date=' I woke up in a dark room....the door was open so they kmew I woke up. Then I had to walk upstairs to a room with another patient. That was the worst night for me. I had gas pain and couldn't sleep.< /p>

The following nights you are in a hotel which was 55 dollars a night. The nurses are there and they take good care of you. On the second day they take you back to get fluids in your IV. Bring gas strips because we all jad horrible pain from sitting so long. On the third day you get fluids again and the drain removed. I was terrified but I didn't even feel it so don't worry. The following morning they take you back to San Diego.< /p>

The whole time they supply ypu with popsicles, juice, broth and Water. The nurses are all handsome! Edwardo is a punk though, he's very rude and doesn't smile. Everyone else is awesome! You go home with stitches. I chose to take mine out by myself on the 11th day. You also get antibiotics. Take them every 12 hrs until gone so you don't get an infection.

Oh and my incisions did open a little. I just kept them clean and dry and they scabbed over by the end of the day. The only thing I didn't like about the whole thing was having stitches![/quote']

I'm starting to get really nervous. Why are people not using Almanza anymore.

People use him every day! For some reason people on this forum don't. Go to gastric sleeve dot com and you'll find lots who have gone to him!

Nicolanz, I still consider using him at times, he is an experienced surgeon.....

Dr. Almanza is sleeving me Jan 14, 2013. My sister used him a few months back and said he was great.

I booked with him for Jan 11 2013 but have sinced switched, he is to impersonal and does anywhere from 10 to 11 surgeries a day which seems to be more money driven, he starts with the lowest bmi and works his way to the highest, you sit in a room waiting your turn, his facility is in a shopping center hower my deciding factor was his facility is not a medical facility equipped for medical emergencies.

You have to ask yourself this question... "If an emergency was to come up, a life threatening emergency, is Dr. Almanza fully capable of handling that situation?" I'm not talking bad about him or anything because I've yet to be sleeved. I've just read reviews on him from others. I do not think that he is capable of handling a situation like that at all in his little clinic. I know that complications are rare, but they can occur. You need to be in the best care possible. That's just my opinion though...

And just like sobiato stated, he does like 12 surgeries a day!! That's just crazy. I'm like her, this just seems to be a money hungry doctor. You could go to another doctor within the same price range as him and have your surgery done in a hospital. Many people have gone to him, they have had successful surgeries, but I've read a few who have not. The stories are on obesity help.com.

The surgery takes 45 minutes. Alamanza schedules 8 / day, not 11-12.

@Newbie call his Patient Coordinators I was scheduled for Jan 11 2013 and I was the 9th person scheduled, my surgery buddy was the 10th person scheduled, if you call now for that date and ask how many patients on that day they will now tell you 8 if they havent already filled our slots, we have both got our refund back and switched to Dr. Sergio Quiones for the same date, he only does 4 a day, because his medical facility has 4 private rooms, with shower, chair, couch, wifi and round the clock medical care.

When I went, there were 6 of us.

There's so much false information attained from hearsay about Almanza on here. Almanza only has 8 hospital beds. Unless you physically saw a patient sleeping on the floor, it isn't fair to say he does 10-12 a day. You don't go to the hotel until the second day.

Dr Almanza only did 6 surgeries on the day he did my surgery