Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any South San Francisco Kaiser Sleevers

Great to know there's south san Francisco kaiser sleevers here. I am meeting the surgeon on the 27th and I am very excited! Would love to hear more from everyone's experience!

I was sleeved on 10-3 by Dr. David Le as well and I must admit Im so happy with my decision. SSFKaiser is a Bariatric Center of Excellence and is one of the best!!

My recovery was pretty seamless, no pain, nausea but I did have some gas pains. They went away by day four and I almost felt normal. Except I wasnt hungry at all, Im down 25lbs since surgery and 37lbs since my highest weight. I was nervous and scared, but the team in the OR put my fears at ease.

Good luck!!

Mzt

I agree with you, the entire staff at SSF Kaiser was great. I am having some pain hopefully not for long. Going to try my Protein shake today. All I've had so far is Water.

Mzt

I agree with you' date=' the entire staff at SSF Kaiser was great. I am having some pain hopefully not for long. Going to try my Protein shake today. All I've had so far is Water.[/quote']

Just hang in there. It takes a few days to adjust and get use to everything but its the best thing you could ever do for yourself. Congrats and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Yesterday was my last meeting with my surgeon (Dr. Robert Li, head of bariatrics, yippee!). I also had the last of my tests and the pre-op class. Lots of info, the best news being that Kaiser will pay for a hotel for us for the night before the surgery!

This will be so much better than having to drive over an hour to be there in the morning!

They also gave me two bags full of sample Vitamins and a 4 time a day one week pill keeper/reminder.

Hopefully by this time next week, I will be sleeved!

Yesterday was my last meeting with my surgeon (Dr. Robert Li' date=' head of bariatrics, yippee!). I also had the last of my tests and the pre-op class. Lots of info, the best news being that Kaiser will pay for a hotel for us for the night before the surgery!

This will be so much better than having to drive over an hour to be there in the morning!

They also gave me two bags full of sample Vitamins and a 4 time a day one week pill keeper/reminder.

Hopefully by this time next week, I will be sleeved![/quote']

Hi cholula, I'm behind you I'm going to be sleeved dec 6 :) at the same place what test did you have to do ?my prep is on the 27th

I already had an EKG' date=' so I had to do a blood test (they just drew a vial of blood) and an X-Ray[/quote']

Oh ok that sounds easy enough lol

Hello everyone, I met with Surgeon@ kaiser south san francisco. A little bit disappointed because he said he will see me in a month ( January), and set a goal weigh for me to reach. Afterwards, he said we will schedule the surgery in about a month- meaning February 2013.

I got Bariatric Approval in October 2012.. Approval process took 3 years. I was so excited about meeting surgeon but now feel deflated ;(

Don't be disappointed, it will come really fast trust me. Two weeks out, met with my surgeon today as well. It sneaks up quickly, just think your on the downhill from 3 year wait.

I'm bummed, there seems to be so many SSF kaiser people, I'm at Kaiser Richmond. Had orientation Sep 28, appointment with surgeon Oct 4, psychology appointment Oct 31, and now I'm waiting. I went and did my blood tests and nicotine test last week. Passed everything, but because I smoked cigarettes I have to have quit for 12 weeks before they will give me the green light I guess. The quitting wasn't hard because I really want this but frustrated to have to wait so long. It'll be 7 weeks on Saturday. I'm curious tho what everyone had to do after they met their goal weight and did labs and the psychology appointment? Will I have to do more classes or just get to schedule my appointment with the case manager after I get the green light from my surgeon from the twelve weeks and my weight? Thanks everyone for any advice, I appreciate any info and advice.

At SSF I had one appointment with my surgeon and a final class, did them both the same day.

Thank you Cher! I slept and got over the sadness. You are right, or more month is just around the corner! Am focusing now on doing the preop diet, working out and losing weight. The scales at Kaiser SsF seems to always weigh 4lbs more than my scale at home so I need to lose more actually. Have to meet his weigh requirement otherwise no surgery. I can do this! Thanks for everyone support, I feel I am not alone.

SSF KAISER HERE!!!

Lol, and I thought I was the only one... ; )

I was sleeved this past Monday 11/26 by Dr. Robert Li.

He was awesome and just seemed so on his game when he came to talk to me 30 minutes before surgery. He's been awesome to work with. Very professional A+++

I have my follow up with Dr. Khayat.

From my pre op appointment I was told that Drs David Lee and Khayat have a similar surgery style but Dr Robert Li's is a little different.

I'm bummed' date=' there seems to be so many SSF kaiser people, I'm at Kaiser Richmond. Had orientation Sep 28, appointment with surgeon Oct 4, psychology appointment Oct 31, and now I'm waiting. I went and did my blood tests and nicotine test last week. Passed everything, but because I smoked cigarettes I have to have quit for 12 weeks before they will give me the green light I guess. The quitting wasn't hard because I really want this but frustrated to have to wait so long. It'll be 7 weeks on Saturday. I'm curious tho what everyone had to do after they met their goal weight and did labs and the psychology appointment? Will I have to do more classes or just get to schedule my appointment with the case manager after I get the green light from my surgeon from the twelve weeks and my weight? Thanks everyone for any advice, I appreciate any info and advice.[/quote']

If you've hit weight by then the surgeon will set your date. Then you have pre op class, a phone appointment with the NP, 1 blood lab, and paperwork with the Surgeon. As then it's the day!