Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I The Only One?

MrsGina
Sign in to follow this  

Well I made it to 7 weeks post op, the surgery was ok but got an infection and that made my recovery slow. Now I feel pretty good, lost 33 lbs post op, 73 lbs total. Learning what works for me and what doesn't has been a challenge but I'm getting better at this. I will be so glad when spring gets here too, need to move

Unfortunately, sugars have not gotten better. This was so disappointing, see my endo Monday to get a plan of action. Was hoping to not have to get a pancreas bypass, still praying it all works out. No more surgeries would be nice.

May God bless you all!

Hi! I am 54 years old and just had my sleeve April 10th. I have lost 35lbs and still learning my new sleeve and how to take care to eat very slowly. drinking lots of Water is hard to do, but I am sure it will be easier each day. No regrets and I will be looking forward to losing more weight.

So happy to have found and joined this group! I am four weeks post op and have been quite discouraged. I am 51 and find that my weight loss has been so much slower than most everyone else in forums I have been following. I lost 18 lbs pre-op and have only lost 6.2 lbs since my surgery four weeks ago yesterday. I started at 264 and just had my weekly weigh in (self imposed) and am now at 239.8. It must have to do with age! I would love to get to know some of you and how you are doing. I know that VGS surgery is a blessing and I am grateful. My discouragement can't overshadow that! I hope that everyone in this group has a great weekend and continued good health! Karen

Hi, I am 53 years old and was sleeved on Jan 24, 2013. I have lost a total of 80 lbs so far, with 55 being post surgery. Due to a congenital heart issue, I have always had huge difficulties with losing any weight at all. This is the very first time in my life that I feel have been successful with dealing with losing weight. I still would like to lose another 60-70 lbs, so there is plenty more work to do. I dont focus so much on the amount of weight I have lost,or have to lose, but rather concentrate on my health and building my strength.

For the first time in my life I like to exercise...I now love going to the gym and strength training. I am getting around much more easily and feel better overall. I feel like I have control over my body and over my life in general. This definately has been a very positive experience in my life.

I do think the experience is different for people in the over 50 age group, losses being slower and the motivations are different for us. Overall it has been a great opportunity for me. I am sure it will be for you as well.

Take good care and enjoy the journey!!

Susan

Hi I am 56 and sleeved 6/26/13. So far lost 24 lbs and feeling pretty well. I felt like I had to decide to sleeve or not at this point in life. I am grateful I did it. Already clothes are fitting so much better and I am more comfortable in general. Still getting the hang of eating and have become so aware of how the little cheats on my past diets were causing me to fail.

Thank you for sharing your story. It's good to hear positive remarks about the surgery from people who have passed their 20's.... I will be visiting this site and this group often...

Thanks again,

Neuan

Hi Neuan! Was wondering if you were sleeved yet? You mentioned that it might be May before your surgery. I was sleeved 5/2/13. Would love to know how you are doing!