Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, so I'm going to get political

I've been restraining myself from getting political, but I really hope the Democrats take at least one house in the elections. Every time I take one of those online tests, I come out a libertarian. So I checked the libertarians and I'm definitely not a libertarian. I like streets and running Water and stuff like that. But this guy on the DailyKos did an essay on libertarian Democrats and I think I'm that. I don't like big corporations who screw their workers, but I also don't think a third party is likely in the U.S. But mostly I don't like people who make laws as a profession. I think we have enough laws. We don't need a lot more laws which is why I always like to have the opposing party from the President in Congress. That way they can't make a lot of useless laws.

Also I note that congressmen and women tend to be interested in "number one" rather than the people they supposedly represent. Expediency pays. Machiavelli had something to say about that. I think we should do away with professional politicians and get back to the citizen politician that the Constitution envisioned. The drawback to that is that the only citizens who can afford to be politicians are rich people. Everyone else has to work.

This is just the beginning of my political thoughts and I expect many of you to disagree with me. But that's what I think. I may weigh in with more later. P.S. I have lost 36 pounds since May!!!:biggrin1:

Also I note that congressmen and women tend to be interested in "number one" rather than the people they supposedly represent. Expediency pays. Machiavelli had something to say about that. I think we should do away with professional politicians and get back to the citizen politician that the Constitution envisioned. The drawback to that is that the only citizens who can afford to be politicians are rich people. Everyone else has to work.
There is a new book out there that agrees that the people in power are taking care of "number one" rather than the people they supposedly represent.

The book is called "Tempting Faith" and in it the author claims that BuSh and his administration have been using the evangelical Christians just to get votes, to gain and to keep power.

From the Linked article:

More than five years after President Bush created the Office of Faith-Based Initiatives, the former second-in-command of that office is going public with an insider’s tell-all account that portrays an office used almost exclusively to win political points with both evangelical Christians and traditionally Democratic minorities.

The review of the book, Tempting Faith, sounds interesting. Religion should be kept separate from the state.