Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Days After Surgery Were You Able To Get Out Of The House?

day 58 i went to the grocery store and then let my 70 year old mom schlep the groceries lol

Now you'll feel better about just waiting a week or so heh heh :P

?????? Really?!?

Day58? Seriously? Are you just lazy?

Now, now! Let's only bring positive energy to this forum! That's why we're here, to help and be helped.

Lol! Oh yeah! That's iggy. Lazy as can be!! Gives us zero inspiration. She's such a bum. (Dripping in sarcasm!)

Honestly, just when I thought people couldn't be any meaner or ruder, someone post something like this. Come on!! We are REAL people, not just words on your screen! Think before you type!

I'm on week 10 post-surgery and just on Friday got cleared to exercise. I'll gladly sit on your 'lazy bench' with many other fine people on here.

To the OP: everyone's body is different. Anesthesia makes me so ditzy and dizzy that it takes me over a month to drive myself places or trust myself to go anywhere alone.

Surgery on a Wednesday, walking on Sunday, back to work on Monday.

Briand - until you know someone else's story, perhaps it would be best to keep comments like this to yourself. Many of us know Iggy's story and actually, hearing that she went to the store after 58 days was a reason for many of us to cheer.

This forum is for positive, helpful, supportive comments. You'll find that people on this forum are WONDERFUL about giving great feedback, comments, etc. We may not always agree with what others say, but it's important to respect that everyone has different experiences and opinions. You take in what you want and disguard what you don't.

If you can't play by those rules, we'd rather you not play on our playground.

Thanks.

LOL Thanks all...yup just lazy :)

Oh and then there was the almost dead thing in the hospital thing and two surgeries...but Lazy is so much easier to go with :P

OP, I was just making fun of myself to make you feel better about hanging out at home for a couple of weeks. I had serious complications and a second surgery hence the 58 days...(half of that was in hospital). Don't rush it :) If you push too hard you could end up where I was. A couple of weeks rest after major surgery isn't a luxury, nor is it lazy :) It's a good idea so that things heal properly. You will also be on a weight lifting restriction, so things like the grocery shopping should be done with someone else to carry bags, or by someone else.

My mom might still be available :P

That was not nice. Jaggy chic has gone through more than most of us here.

That was not nice. Jaggy chic has gone through more than most of us here.

Darn auto correct and pressed send too quick.

Sorry about that.

Though I kind of like jaggy chic, has a nice ring to it....

Darn auto correct and pressed send too quick.

Sorry about that.

Though I kind of like jaggy chic' date=' has a nice ring to it....[/quote']

LOL How about Jiggy chic? :P

I had to fly home from Mexico on day 4 post op, which involved walking through airports, but not much else. Day 5, i was out and about but hubby did the driving. On day 6, i had to take my hubby to the airport, and stopped at the grocery on the way home. Been following my normal schedule pretty much since then, which means running errands, housework, taking care of my pets, and going to the gym.