Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeping After Surgery?

I don't really exercise' date=' but when I do it is fast or uphill walking for 3 miles.

[/quote']

Thanks!!

Have any of you tried melatonin or rose hips?

Have any of you tried melatonin or rose hips?

I never had great success with melatonin. But perhaps it's worth a shot again. I didn't know rose hips worked for sleep. I'll hit the local health food joint and give them a try.

I never had great success with melatonin. But perhaps it's worth a shot again. I didn't know rose hips worked for sleep. I'll hit the local health food joint and give them a try.

My step brother used to sell a drink called "drank." it contains both. I drank it once and it harpooned me to the floor! I'd try it :) good luck!

My step brother used to sell a drink called "drank." it contains both. I drank it once and it harpooned me to the floor! I'd try it :) good luck!

Lol was it vodka laced?

Lol was it vodka laced?

No that's why it blew my mind! I have a high tolerance for medication but this stuff knocked me out. Not like NyQuil, but it worked. Their slogan is "slow your roll"

Yes, I slept a total of about 5 hours for the 4 nights I was in the hospital, part of the problem probably being the kidney infection that I had, ouch! Since being home about 9 days it has been erratic but getting better. I was waking up about 5-6 times during the night, now I am down to 2 times. It will get better. I have Ambien but have found that it is best to just be patient and reset on my own. Ambien does not seem to work well for keeping me asleep. Glad to hear that you are home and feeling better.

Iggy - I never seem to get enough sleep. Sometimes I have to take a 30-60 minute nap in the early evening to catch up, then I get a second wind and am able to make dinner, check homework, clean up the house, do dishes, make lunches and watch my regular shows on TV. I do get up early because of work, but have a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. There are nights I toss and turn.

Time for a new bottle of Tylenol PM, that used to work like a charm for me and no hangover.

Iggy - I never seem to get enough sleep. Sometimes I have to take a 30-60 minute nap in the early evening to catch up' date=' then I get a second wind and am able to make dinner, check homework, clean up the house, do dishes, make lunches and watch my regular shows on TV. I do get up early because of work, but have a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. There are nights I toss and turn.

Time for a new bottle of Tylenol PM, that used to work like a charm for me and no hangover.[/quote']

Even tylenol pm has started giving me hangovers that last beyond lunch time the next day. I have been more successful with unisom sleep gels lately. The costco sleep aids also gave me a hangover. I also tend to drop 2-3 lbs when i get 8-10 hours of quality sleep in. This is usually not the case for me as i typically sleep 4-5 hours a night. The extra stress from lack of sleep does impact weight loss. For some it causes more eating. For others it causes stall after stall. I fall into the latter group of people.

Even tylenol pm has started giving me hangovers that last beyond lunch time the next day. I have been more successful with unisom sleep gels lately. The costco sleep aids also gave me a hangover. I also tend to drop 2-3 lbs when i get 8-10 hours of quality sleep in. This is usually not the case for me as i typically sleep 4-5 hours a night. The extra stress from lack of sleep does impact weight loss. For some it causes more eating. For others it causes stall after stall. I fall into the latter group of people.

When my son was a baby we had to offer him feedings every two hours 24/7 for two years (he was fail to thrive). I gained much of my current weight during those years even when dieting. Sleep is very important to both good health and weight loss!

I'm the exact same way , I fall asleep for about 3/4 hours the most maybe less and ill wake up restless and uncomfortable so I walk around but it is so annoying :/(

I take ambien still only sleep about 6 hrs then up for 2 hrs, then back sleep for an hour or two. THen I take about 45 min during the day. To re-energize