Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last Week Of November?

We are getting sooooo close. How's everyone doing on their pre op diets?

Start my pre-op tomorrow. How did you do on yours?

Hi All,

I started this sub-group of AfterThanksgiving sleevers as a Yahoo group. I am not sure how to get this and that group together other than having you accept an invitation to join the Yahoo group. I sent invitations to most of you (I think)

But, that said. I have had a personal conundrum. I went for my pre-op on Firday and found out I have a Hiatal Hernia. My Doctor asked me if I would consider have my surgery on Dec. 6 so I could be the "perfect patient for his training video" That will be used world wide. He needs a sleeve patient who has a hernia and most patients do not know ahead of time. I want to do it. But, I am afraid I am thinking about it because I want to put it off for some reason. Or many reasons. I also am thinking that I will be pretty much guaranteed that the surgery will be done perfectly because it will be used for training. But, I already know he is one of the best on the world.

I am also thinking to do it for work and privacy. If I go on a leave of absence while there is still available work, people will talk. usually I wouldn't care but I do not want people to know. especially this one negative friend I have who tries to control my life and doesn't want me to get the surgery, so she doesn't know I am going to have it. So I don't know what to do. I am struggleing with this and would love some feedback. thanks Ainslee

Ainslee,

I know how it feels to be in such a conundrum.... my original surgery date was October 5th , but I had to put it off due to medical reasons which is why I'm now scheduled for November 30th. With that being said, I too was afraid that having to put it off that long that I wouldn't continue on my journey. In my opinion having your surgeon ask this of you is special.... and he wouldn't ask you if he didn't really feel that both he and you were up to the task. God has brought you this far and will not abandon you now.... have faith, everything will work out the way it should. I've always believed that things happen for a reason and maybe this is God's way of making sure you have this surgery without any " busy body" people knowing..... know that your November sleevers and " After Thanksgiving Sleevers " on yahoo support you in whatever decision you make.

All my best

Tina

Tina, thank you so much for your response, kind and loving words. I think I needed to be confident that I have support of someone who understands and I feel sort of knows me. You are right. It may be God supporting what will be best for me. I have been working on this for 2 years, what is 10 more days?

Thanks for taking the time. Ainslee

Ainslee,

You are quite welcome... anytime you need to talk just messenge me or text me, you have my cell from our yahoo group. Take care and God Bless

I agree with Tina seems like the right thing to do.

BTW Tina we are sleeve buddies!!!!!!!!!!

Also I am having trouble getting back to the group site? I am lost...brain is just not working I guess...LOL.

Anyway I am signed up but I don't know where to go to get in without your invite and I already deleted it.

Please help!

Thanks!

I am looking for a subgroup of sleevers who are having their surgery on the last week of November. In hopes of really being able to fine tune the support as it gets closer to our dates. Anyone interested?

Hi I'm having my surgery tomorrow and would love to have someone to stay in touch with. I plan on taking my phone and pad to keep people posted. I really need the support since family not so much. Wish all late Novembers luck and support. Talk at ya later

I'm on the 20th' date=' getting close. Super excited and nervous![/quote']

Super excited too. Going to bed now so the morning will get here faster. I'm nervous also. We just need to say a small prayer and we will be fine and skinny. Or curvy is really where I want to be!

@kate27 so cool to have a sleeve buddy! The address you need is After Thanksgiving Sleevers- subscribe@yahoo.com. hopefully I got it right LOL

Tina

Yes, what is 10 more days it will be here before you know it. It is so true that all things happen for a reason. I pray that you have peace with your decision, and that everything works out for the best.

Had my surgery yesterday afternoon things didn't go all that well. I did get the sleeve but I had so much fat he couldn't remove my gall bladder and I was told I need to attempt to lose 80 lbs in 6 months and come back to removal of gallbladder. He said I have to see the psych also since I gained all my weight after losing my father in 2008. He believes that depression is my main issue. I have made my own attempts to rid myself of this depression by going back to a job that I love working with kids and I see a psych and counselor. Oh brother the nurse came in and just balled! I really hope we all pray and support ech other. God knows i need it

Oh no v :( I am so sorry to hear that :( glad they did get you the tools to drop those 80 pounds though! Now you can be a show off an drop MORE than 80 in 6 months ;)

Had my surgery yesterday afternoon things didn't go all that well. I did get the sleeve but I had so much fat he couldn't remove my gall bladder and I was told I need to attempt to lose 80 lbs in 6 months and come back to removal of gallbladder. He said I have to see the psych also since I gained all my weight after losing my father in 2008. He believes that depression is my main issue. I have made my own attempts to rid myself of this depression by going back to a job that I love working with kids and I see a psych and counselor. Oh brother the nurse came in and just balled! I really hope we all pray and support ech other. God knows i need it

OH No. I am soooooooooo sorry.

Here is my suggestion. It is off the cuff so bear with me. Stay with us. Ask the Doctor if you can have the surgery sooner if you lose the weight sooner. Just keep the faith and pretend you are on your pre-op diet. Drink lots of Protein Drinks, (you will be the resident Protein expert). Drink green juice. Odwalla makes a great one and they sell it at Costco.. And have one meal at luch or late afternoon. Start trying recipes for post op. Egg frittata, with Bacon? No carbs or fatty dairy. Easy for me to say. But, you are with us and we want you to succeed.

I have never heard that they have to take your gall bladder out? What is that about? How about a second opinion? Where do you live?

Call me anytime, if you want to talk. Enjoy tomorrow's Thanksgiving meal and that is it.The race is on.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ainslee 425-307-3881

Four more days to go!!! The diet has def gotten much better over the past few days. No more headaches! Getting really excited.