Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel Like I'm A Failure

I am also frustrated with my stall!! Started at 272 when sleeved 9-5-12. Stalled for almost 3 weeks at 240!!!

What should I do? My clothes are all way too big-am I losing inches but not weight? Help!!

I was sleeved 9/6/2012 weight was 297 today it is 270 and I am so happy!! I look different feel different. That much weight in. 6 weeks is great!!

Hmm - I was sleeved on 9/25 - and have only lost 14 lbs. I started at 287 and got down to 264 and then gained 10 back overnight and have yet to lose it. I ended up with a kidney stone and don't know if that had nothing to with it but I was so excited because I thought Yes! This will work for me and now I'm afraid it's just lie every oter diet where my body wins because I don't lose.

Hmm - I was sleeved on 9/25 - and have only lost 14 lbs. I started at 287 and got down to 264 and then gained 10 back overnight and have yet to lose it. I ended up with a kidney stone and don't know if that had nothing to with it but I was so excited because I thought Yes! This will work for me and now I'm afraid it's just lie every oter diet where my body wins because I don't lose.

Has your Protein and/or Water intake dropped due to kidney stone? Maybe shake things up by going back on your Pre-op diet or whatever you were doing when you were losing. I'm supposed to be on stage 2 liq. but nothing tastes good, so I went back on shakes, crystal lite and Protein chicken broth. When I eat yogurt or pudding, I feel too full and can't finish so I wasn't meeting protein req. minimum. Now I'm getting more than enough protein, I'm having about 600 cals./day, and feel the weight coming off each day so far. (at 600 cals. a day I better lose! Jeeeesh!)

I'm 4 months out and only down 36 pounds!!! Feel your pain!

Starting weight 109kg today 93 kg. wish I could have my $18k back. I even do crossfit (very intense excercise) 3 times a week :(

I'm 4 months out and only down 36 pounds!!! Feel your pain!

Starting weight 109kg today 93 kg. wish I could have my 18k back. I even do crossfit (very intense excercise) 3 times a week :(

Crossfit? That sounds intense! Could you be building muscle and slimming down even tho scale isn't moving?

My Protein has gone down but liquid has gone up trying to pass the stone! The scale is stuck. My doctor told me today to work on the liquids right now and forget the food for now. Just try and pass the stone. Yeah! At 600 calories I would hope you'd lose weight -

Stones cause you to retain a lot of Fluid because it is blocking your tract to the bladder. Once the stone passes you will lose massive weight and your muscles will be having charlie horses

Really?!! I did not know that about the stone! That makes me feel better as far as gaining the weight! I keep trying to get the Water in to get it to pass but so far nothing. It makes sense though - I gained 10 lbs the day before the stone hit. And my input doesn't match my output! Thank you! I feel better!

Once it passes you will be peeing like crazy... Up all night

Really?!! I did not know that about the stone! That makes me feel better as far as gaining the weight! I keep trying to get the Water in to get it to pass but so far nothing. It makes sense though - I gained 10 lbs the day before the stone hit. And my input doesn't match my output! Thank you! I feel better!

Are you just drinking Water? Try a bit of apple cider vinegar also. It will soften the stones some & if they have sharp edges it can melt those away.

I have a history of kidney stones. If you are taking Calcium you may need to stop if your stones are calcium oxalate. I have callxium oxalate stones and cannot take any calcium supplements. Your doctor can give you flomax ( even if ou are female) and it will make your urine flow much stronger, and can possibly make the stone move by forceful urination and may help wear down a sharp side of the stone. DO NOT drink cranberry juice. It is good for urinary tract infections but NOT for kidney stones. Good luck. Sometimes unfirtunately it takes them awhile. The last one I passed took 23 days to pass. I pray this doesn't happen to you. Good lluck.

Thanks for all the great advice! I just got home from the emergency room yet again. Pain wasn't as bad as Monday but bad enough to send me back. But after a few hours the pain stopped and they did another cat scan and the stone finally moved to the bladder! Yay! But now have a kidney infection - but that's much better than a stone. I wonder if the apple cider vinegar if taken daily would work as a preventative ?

Crossfit? That sounds intense! Could you be building muscle and slimming down even tho scale isn't moving?

Sorry! Just saw this :) maybe a tiny bit, but it wouldn't be too exciting! Not enough to warrant the slowness :(

Hey OP! Mufasas-mom!

How are you doing now? You were pretty upset back back in October. I'm hoping you are doing better and are more satisfied with your weight loss.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thanks. Down 24 pds and 23 inches size 16 to size 10 jeans. I am a very slow loser but its ok cuz I'm not gaining. If it takes me 9 months to get to 110 pds its fine with me. I enjoy my life and eat whatever I want of course Protein first but im enjoying christmas treats as well. So very happy i never have to diet again