Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slowed Weight Loss

I'm so glad I found you all! I hit my year mark and have only lost 64lbs. I know 64lbs is a lot, but I wanted to lose a lot less. The case manager at my doctor said I should only lose about 60% of my goal and my goal was 100lbs, so I guess I'm on track. I have weighed 180lbs for the last 3 months. Thank you for all your inspiring stories. They are motivating me to do more!

Hello i will be 1year post op on may 6th. I also have had a huge stall in weight loss. Im stuck at 215. It is so fustrating to feel like u failed another weight loss. I keep telling myself that im 70 pounds lighter and thats a positive' date='but i cant get past this feeling of failure. I also think i should have just done the bypass anhd i would be alot smaller by now... It seems like life always get in the way of me loosing this wieght. im a stay at home mom of 2 and u would think i have time for stuff but with my husband a truck driver its like im an only parent. I have been stuck at this wieght for 5months with no loss in sight if anyone is out their and can help i so would take it.[/quote']

With you being a mom of 2 children, I can understand your frustration. I don't know how old your kids are but what I used to do was do activities with my kids that was fun for them and exercise for me. For example: I have all boys so I would play footall or catch with them. I would play basketball with them. I might even race them to see who can run the fastest. They had a ball knowing their mommy was playing with them and spending time with them. So you see it is a win-win situation. My kids are grown now but that is what I used to do when they were younger. Also, right now, I am pre op. I have finished three of the twelve classes I need to take before I am scheduled for surgery. I can understand,the stall in weight loss. One thing you have to remember is your body gets used to the same routine so you have to mix it up. For example: even if you do the same exercises but you change the order, the reps, and the intensity, then you will jump start your body into fat burning mode. I get bored so I always have to mix things up a bit. This way you keeo your body guessing. I hope this helps.

Thank God I'm reading these stories. I have been major depressed was sleeved 9-10-2012 my 1 yr is coming up an I've only lost 50lbs. I haven't lost any weight in 6 months I feel like such a failure I have no family or friend support. I'm on Facebook also Connie Morris Davis someone please friend me an help me

Yes, you are all singing my song, so glad you are all here to encourage each other