Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Sleevers---How Much Have You Lost?

I was sleeved July 7 2012 I was at 280 now 190 I feel great no more blood pressure meds dropped from size 46+ waist pants to a 33 inch waist now a 2XL shirt can now wear a med

James, that is awesome progress.

James, what are some of your strategies that helped you post-op. I am down about 100 also from July 2nd, but I am always looking for new strategies to see how we'll they work.

My current plan is very simple: eat mostly Protein every 3 hours, drink when I am not eating, and walk as there is time. In last few weeks, my walking has been cut back a bit due to too many other work activities, but that needs to change. I am trying to get enough sleep, but I do end up feeling tired more than I should. I take a lot is Vitamins and other things daily: c, d, b50, B12, multi, Calcium, Prilosec, electrolytes and lots Probiotics. Also, I don't compromise on eating clean, but am slowly starting to introduce foods that are healthy and add variety.

I realize I have a ways to transitioning into maintenance eating, but will cross that bridge when it comes. My weight is currently at 230 from 335 and I can't wait until crossing into onderland.

I eat my Protein Drink my Water and walk some not as much walking as I would like to I also limit my carbs but I don't deprive myself of anything either just stay with very small portions

I was sleeved July 12 and Im down 45 pounds.

July 9th and 25 piddly pounds later...

I'm meeting with an RD who deals with WLS patients because no matter what I do, I can't lose any more weight. My surgeon doesn't seem to care, my Endocrinologist just blows me off, so this woman is my last hope or I'm heading to Tijuana to get some RX meds to boost the weight loss.

Samomom what are you eating and how much

July 9th and 25 piddly pounds later...

I'm meeting with an RD who deals with WLS patients because no matter what I do' date=' I can't lose any more weight. My surgeon doesn't seem to care, my Endocrinologist just blows me off, so this woman is my last hope or I'm heading to Tijuana to get some RX meds to boost the weight loss.[/quote']

Are you losing inches? Im not losing as fast as some but I hv lost a lot of inches. I hv lost 40 lbs (weighed yesterday) & the last I measured i had lost 34.5 inches. So even tho my scales may not be moving as fast as some the inches are. So was curious if u were losing inches.

If you dont mind me asking what is a typical eating day for you including calories, fat gm, carbs & Protein? I keep up w mine on mypalfitness & flucuate my eating so im not hving the same fat, calorie, carbs count daily. It seems to be wrking for me but everyones diff in wht will wrk for them.

Samomom what are you eating and how much

My mornings typically are a Premier Protein shake with has 180 cal and 30g Protein. I'll have an Orowheat whole wheat double Fiber English muffin(120 cal, 5 protein 26 carbs, 8 g fiber) with a Morningstar Farms veggie patty(80 cal and 10g protein) with a slice of cheese melted on the muffin(80 cal 5g protein) which gives me 50 grams of protein by noon. I'll usually eat around 8 and have the shake around 11.

lunch can be a bunch of different things. Salads, chicken, veggie Proteins, etc. Then if I have had a small or even no lunch, I'll have another shake in the afternoon just to boost the protein. dinner is the same as lunch. I'm not very consistent with dinner if I've had a shake later in the afternoon. I my just nibble a bit on whatever protein and veggie I made for dinner. I eat next to no fruit. I'll have almonds if I need crunchy and salty and sometime I allow myself a few crackers. Lately I have been eating Tofu Shiratake noodles with whaever sauce is around. I love those things. 40 calories for the entire package and 6 grams of carbs. What's a former carb ***** not to love about that!

Nothing but Water for me. I don't drink juice or milk. I may have literally one bite of someone's treat if we even have anything round like that. Sugar doesn't do it for me at all anymore thankfully.

Are you losing inches? Im not losing as fast as some but I hv lost a lot of inches. I hv lost 40 lbs (weighed yesterday) & the last I measured i had lost 34.5 inches. So even tho my scales may not be moving as fast as some the inches are. So was curious if u were losing inches.

If you dont mind me asking what is a typical eating day for you including calories, fat gm, carbs & Protein? I keep up w mine on mypalfitness & flucuate my eating so im not hving the same fat, calorie, carbs count daily. It seems to be wrking for me but everyones diff in wht will wrk for them.

Yes, I have lost inches for sure, so I am somewhat pleased with that, but it's not nearly as much as the rest of you. I started at 217 and I'm 192. I never measured myself before or after. I just didn't care that much about it. for me its clothing size and weight.

I don't track my food on any site because I really can't most days. I don't eat every meal at home, nor to I cook with a lot of packaged ingredients so it's hard to accurately add up the total nutritional content in things I cook. My breakfasts are pretty consistant so I know what the values are ther, but for example, yesterday I went to a Vietnamese place for lunch. I ordered the chicken salad. It was shreaded carrot, lettuce and chicken breast. It had a soy and lime dressing with no oil. The waiter even said it was the healthiest dish on the menu. I don't know how much I ate, but I didn't finish it. I also had 3 small pork potstickers. I ate the salad so I could treat myself to the potstickers. I would estimate I ate 400 calories, but I couldn't be positive.

I know some people can't understand how anyone could not be strict about tracking foods, but I never have been good at it since I actually cook a lot. I don't often buy things like Lean Cusine, packaged meats, sauces, mixes, etc. When I did WW, I bought everything I could find with a nurtitional label on it, but those things are always full of preservatives and crap.

For exercise, I go to a physical therapy for my knee three days a week. It's a gym and my therapist is helping me train for the ski season. She skis as well so she knows what to work. I am building up some nice quads again and can do some serious leg presses. I'm sure I have gained 2-3 pounds of muscle recently. I've also started walking at night against my ortho doc's wishes. I'm trying to burn any extra calories as I can.

Sleeved July 30. I lost a total of 45 pounds so far. I am noticing the weight is coming off slower than most of you. I will keep on plugging along with a positive attitude. Congratulations everyone keep up the great work.

My mornings typically are a Premier Protein shake with has 180 cal and 30g Protein. I'll have an Orowheat whole wheat double Fiber English muffin(120 cal' date=' 5 protein 26 carbs, 8 g fiber) with a Morningstar Farms veggie patty(80 cal and 10g protein) with a slice of cheese melted on the muffin(80 cal 5g protein) which gives me 50 grams of protein by noon. I'll usually eat around 8 and have the shake around 11.

lunch can be a bunch of different things. Salads, chicken, veggie Proteins, etc. Then if I have had a small or even no lunch, I'll have another shake in the afternoon just to boost the protein. dinner is the same as lunch. I'm not very consistent with dinner if I've had a shake later in the afternoon. I my just nibble a bit on whatever protein and veggie I made for dinner. I eat next to no fruit. I'll have almonds if I need crunchy and salty and sometime I allow myself a few crackers. Lately I have been eating Tofu Shiratake noodles with whaever sauce is around. I love those things. 40 calories for the entire package and 6 grams of carbs. What's a former carb ***** not to love about that!

Nothing but Water for me. I don't drink juice or milk. I may have literally one bite of someone's treat if we even have anything round like that. Sugar doesn't do it for me at all anymore thankfully.[/quote']

Have you thought of lowering your carbs & changing things up where they flucuate daily? Just a thought. Wht wrks for one may or may not wrk for someone else. Ya never know.

I seem to be on the slower end of the losing scale' date=' but I'm okay with that as long as I keep losing.

I was sleeved July 6th and have lost 42 lbs.[/quote']

I am with you, I was sleeved July 9th and I have lost 45 lbs.

I'm with enigmachik...I was sleeved on July 3rd and have lost 45lbs. I also haven't really gone down a clothing size either. I did buy a pair of jeans a size smaller that I've worn. They are very stretchy....that's why I think they fit. I'm trying to look at the big picture....I'm down and that's what matters. Although it is very hard to do when there are others that have lost sooooo much more. :)

I was sleeved July 9th and have loss 45 lbs. I try not to log in here often because although is a wonderful community, it is hard to realize that I am a slow loser