Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ October Chat

Hi Lanajane

I was banded on Aug 21, and went out for my first outing to Walmart at 3 days but didn't feel very good. Then went out the 5th day for a long drive and a visit and felt really good. I also had pills for pain, my DR. had me crush then and put in apple juice and it didn't taste bad at all.

Congrats on being banded.

I got my second fill today. I've now got 8 cc in an 11 cc Vanguard band. I've lost 4 pounds this month for a total of 20 pounds on the doctor's scale, 26 pounds on mine. (I like mine better.)

I'm supposed to be on liquids for three days. I had some Soup for dinner, and I feel comfortably full. I sure hope this rather aggressive fill gets the weight loss going faster, and that I continue to have no problems with the band.

(Next day update) Well, I had a roast beef sandwich for lunch, and as soon as I took the first (inadequately chewed) bites, I felt a burning pain in my esophagus. OOH! So I slowed WAY down, chewed thoroughly, waited a long time between bites, and finished my lunch that way. But I was ravenous by the time I got home at 5:30.

So I guess I've got restriction now?

I am so freakin' frustrated! :) I got my fill last Tuesday and lost 3 pounds while on the liquids for 2 days after. Now I feel absolutely NO restriction and gained a pound back already. :) God, I am feeling so disappointed and down. I want to lose weight! I want to steadily lose weight. I feel like I'm working my butt off with little to no results. :) I know it takes time, but man this is hard. I thought the band was supposed to make losing weight easier? I'm working just as hard as I did when I was on WW and then I lost weight faster. I know I just need to be patient and I'm just cranky today, but I needed to vent. This sucks. :Banane10:

Bug, you may need another fill. It took me two to get any restriction.

Kiddies, I'm 1/2 pound away from my October goal. Yay!!

I was thinking what about talking about positve lifestyle changes or problems we are having rather than concentrating on just a number. We will LOSE.....it's not a race. Life isn't always going to be easy. Maybe a great recipe that didn't make you sick....

I'm kinda feeling pressured and I don't want to fail this time....

I luv coming here.....once again it's just a suggestion.:clap2:

Judy

Hello out there in bandland! I was banded Monday 10/16. I have a pretty bad sore throat. Is that common? I had a cold the weekend before but didn't want to cancel again. Lana

Hi there Lanajane........now you are one of us officially. :clap2: Glad you were able to do your surgery. The sore throat is probably from the tubes placed down your throat.......but hell I'm only Dr. MOM. How do you feel?

Keep us posted....

Judy:scared:

Hey Judy, thanks for responding. I feel good, better every day, thank goodness because that first day I thought "what the heck was I thinking?" But that passed. I'm having a little trouble not drinking while I'm having my yogurt, probably means I need to drink more before and waaaay after. It's good to be one of you. So far so good. I gotta figure out how to do all this cute posting you all do. It's up lifting:) Lana

I was thinking what about talking about positve lifestyle changes or problems we are having rather than concentrating on just a number. We will LOSE.....it's not a race. Life isn't always going to be easy. Maybe a great recipe that didn't make you sick....

I'm kinda feeling pressured and I don't want to fail this time....

I luv coming here.....once again it's just a suggestion.:clap2:

Judy

Spunky,

I dont think any of us post our weight loss as part of some competition. We're excited and proud of it. Most of us have not experienced such postitive results before. We're all here to support one another. There is no need to feel pressure. This will work.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am back from knee surgery and feeling fine. A little sore around the knee but PT is helping me regain strength. I am walking without crutches but with a little limp. I had my fill on Monday 2 days before the surgery, and I definitely have a good restriction - 1.7cc in a 9.75 band. I haven't lost any weight yet although I have been on liquids/soft foods for 5 days, but that is probably because of the surgery and the swelling I still have. The good thing is that I am back to a better diet because of the restriction and taking in far less calories and eating much slower. Hopefully I will be able to add some regular exercise next week.