Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Husband Sabotaging Weight Loss',,,,,bstrd

I'm 6 days out and my husband is bringing home tons of my favorite junk food... I have to constantly remind myself of why I had the surgery( sort of giving myself the talk) he was soo supportive at the beginning and now he's just an ass. I feel so sad because he also needs to loose weight and I thought things would be different ...

Sorry to hear that. He can only sabotage it if you let him know it bothers you. Don't.

I have 3 children so my husband brings home treats and things for them. They still eat burgers, fries, pizza, chips, candy, Cookies, etc... I donot want to take these things from them because i had the surgery. It is hard but i continue to remind myself of why i had the surgery. I take it 1 day at a time.

That is a hard situation to be in! but you can and will make it. Make sure you let him know how his actions are impacted you. And he's making it so much more difficult to fight your cravings by having unhealthy food in reach. Reminds him of why you did it.

But also, remember you did this for you. This is your journey. This is your fight. You need to make changes for yourself. If he supports you, great. If he does not, you are still in charge of your body and what you eat. You can still chose what you eat, how much you eat, and how that will impact your weight loss.

Maybe he doesn't know another way to eat and feed your kids?

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

You can do it, I had the same struggle with my hubby during my pre op diet, I wanted to scream! LOL but I just said this I'm doing for me, and no matter what people eat around me, I have to do this, I want to be able to have a snowball fight with my children this winter. Let nothing deter you, what I did, was get mad with the food and say you know what I refuse to eat it, the more of the food I eat the farther I am away from my goal, I also nagged my husband about it constantly, It will work out! :)

I have the same problem with smoking. Quit a couple of weeks ago so I will be ready for surgery in Jan however my husband refuses to stop smoking in the same room with me....

Don't let anything stop you. You can do it. You've come too far. It's your time to shine.

Yeah, i thought my husband would jump on my bandwagon with me and eat healthy. Then I thought abt if the positions were reversed....i wouldn't want him dictating what I eat. Even though we are partners, we each have our individual paths to take on the weight journey.

That being said, your hubby could be more considerate of you. I told my husband he has from 7am-5pm m-f to eat junk food (when he's at work.). And he needed to take advantage of that time and not eat my fav junk foods at home. He's done that so far.

But in your case, you've also got your kids to worry about. They need to learn from you how to eat healthy or they may go down the obesity road too. You are in a tough spot. My heart feels for you.

Good luck.

Thanks for encouragement .... You guys have reaalllly help me....so i read all the comments and feel much better ...

As soon as you are up to shopping and cooking, you will have a great impact on your children's eating habits. Hang in there.

remember you did this for you. This is your journey. This is your fight. You need to make changes for yourself. I he supports you, great. If he does not, you are still in charge of your body and what you eat. You can still chose what you eat, how much you eat, and how that will impact your weight loss.

[/quote

GREAT AdVICE!!!

You can be successful! Spouses are like jealous kids. View this as acting out- either ignore the behavior or take the challenge head on and use your discipline to control you. Saying something to my spouse would be fuel to the fire-- ignoring it would be extinguishing the behavior. Amazing at times of stress what you learn about those you thought you knew. I think its the threat that weight loss and the new opportunities that it represents Brings that causes the sabotage. You can do it, stay strong, focus on you!

I have the same problem with smoking. Quit a couple of weeks ago so I will be ready for surgery in Jan however my husband refuses to stop smoking in the same room with me....

I when I decided to go for it and have the surgeryi decided to quit smoking also, I was a smoker for 49 yrs. And I quit a week before surgery. I did it w/ the help of an electronic cig. It works for me, if ur having trouble maybe it could help u also..phil

I have the same problem with smoking. Quit a couple of weeks agoi so I will be ready for surgery in Jan however my husband refuses to stop smoking in the same room with me....