Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

AUGUST Bandits

Well girls my name is Rita-Ann and I was banded on 8/11/06 by Dr. Abkin I lost 17 pounds at 2 week check going for my 6 week on thursday dont think I did nearly as good and I dont get a FULL feeling like I use. before solids. I will discuss a fill, I think I need my belt to be tighter. hehe like my pants havent been tight enough all these years. i couldnt wait for something to be looser now I want tighter what a kicker. my friend got banded the same day as me she is doing very well I think she is over 30 by now. yeah for her I told her about the site she looked at it but hasnt joined YET!

well nice meeting you.

chatt with you all very soon

skinny sooner or later

hi Everyone.. Thumbs Up To All Of The August Bandits....

we Are Doing A Great Job............

I Work At A Small Neighborhood Store. And Today ..owner Of The Pizzeria Came In And Asked If I Had A Problem With The Srevice He Has Not Seem Me For Awhile... Said No I Was On A Diet.... Gave Me 2 Coupons For Free Pizza... Now Waiting For Ronald Mcdonald,mr.burger King,etc.to Show Up.....lol

thought What A Good Idea To Sit Down And Figure How Much I Spent Weekly At Fast food And Just Put The Money Away Toward My Fills........ Saving Money,losing Pounds, Gosh I Love My Buddy< My Band........ Thinking Thin Charlene

H i everyone! I am doing good after my fill. The weight is comeing off slow so I think that when I go back Oct.6 that I will get a fill. My doc. said to eat 3 small meals per day but before my band I lost 50lb at 6 meals per day. I am up to 45min workout on the treadmill in the morning and 45min. at night. 2min. incline at 3.5-4.2 mph. and 2min. walk and run. I am know thinking about B12 tabs to get things going.

does b12 help you lose weight? i havent heard of this before

I was banded August 15th. So far I've lost 23lbs, but I haven't lost anything in the last couple weeks. I'm going to try and get a fill scheduled for next week sometime. It'd be better if I could exercise but I hurt my knee and can't do too much because of that.

Hi, All!

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on August 21st and have lost around 18 pounds so far. Like most, I have not lost much since going back on solids. I made an appointment with Dr. Luttrell here in Little Rock for a fill consult on October 9th. By then, I will be 7 weeks post-op and I hope he'll OK a fill at some point in October. I've been really watching the calories and have not been too hungry -- which is very surprising. I've also been going to the gym where I walk on the treadmill and use the universal machines. This weekend, I'll walk in a 5K with my family. I guess I'm pretty much recovered!

Good luck to all August banders.

PatU

does B12 help you lose weight? i havent heard of this before

B12 shots are associated with people trying to loose or loosing weight. I don't know enough about B12, but I would think that it is a vitamin/supplement that is absent from our diets during this weight loss period.

hey August bandsters, I went for my 6 week check up down 10 more pounds and I entered in the ONEderland.... Abkin said I was doing wonderfully and i feel great I didnt think I lost anything and I was thinking of asking him for a fill but he said doing so good see you in November my friend had it done same day as me she was down 19 more to have lost 34, I lost 26 so between the 2 of us we lost what my little guy BEN weighs...

YEAHHHHH

Hi August bandsters. Just had my first fill on Monday. 1st one 2.1cc:clap2: on a 9.75/5cc band. Feels pretty good. I kind of know what a gurgle sound is now. Started out at 203lbs and now at 189lbs. Hey where do i find that cool weigh scale to put in my weight loss, can someone show me?:phanvan

julier

i wish some one would put a ticker on for me I cant do it a url keeps coming up on the bottom of mine so dont feel bad

Thanks Rita, I dunno where to find it but you did good on listing your info :confused:

For anyone about to do a fill, for me it took 3 minutes to get. I didnt feel the needle at all. Doctor didn't even get to introduce herself. Well she wasnt real warm and fuzzy kuzz i am a Mexico bandster i think.

And now i havent pushed it but geeze i think i am eating about 1/2 of what i was eating before the fill which is 1/2 of what i was eating before the band.:wow2: Big differnce. Estimate is 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food.

I can tell i have to be very careful so i don't get that awful pain that one gets with too big of bite.

So i am really excited:clap2: about this next week! Let's keep in touch..:typing:

I was banded on August 16. I have lost 28.5 lbs to date, all of which I attribute to the post-surgery diet (2 wks clear liquid, 2 wks liquid, and 2 wks soft solids). I feel no restriction at all, and can eat anything, but will have my first fill on Monday. I have been walking 35 to 40 minutes (2.0 miles) almost every night, which has also helped. I feel great, I just want to feel full!

great job stagger lee.

keep up the good work

LOL julier chit if you keep getting fills we will be feeding you with an eye dropper LMAO:omg:

Hi August banders. I just had my first fill today, 4cc. I could tell right away it felt different. I hope when I go back on solids, I will feel the restriction. I have been sooooo hungry, but Dr. Neil said I am doing great, I lost another 5lbs :nervous so my total is 23lbs :clap2: . I was banded on Aug, 21. I have 28 more lbs before my mini goal. I am going to join the gym next week, so hopefully it will really start falling off.

(say good buy to the 300's soon)lol

My start weight 350

Current weight 327

Goal weight 150

Surgery 08/21/06

First fill 09/28/06 4cc

sorry but I don't know how to do those cool tickers..lol....